" The Winter-Arc Crit ": Simple, cheap, safe and high dps 30k+ ( 2.0 updated)

@djokosrb

Interesting I took a different approach. I kept the increased critical Damage for my 5link and moved off the added lightning damage onto spell totem which does a lot of damage if you use the totem.

I look at using a totem almost as good as using a sentry on a Demon Hunter in D3. I put one ahead to see what lurks ahead. It does great supplemental damage using ARC-SPELL-TOTEM-ADDED LIGHTNING DAMAGE and does great agro if you throw it ahead to keep mobs from targeting you.

I'm kinda on the fence with voidbringer gloves. They really that good to use here? Maybe I should look at investing in a pair. I had thought about using a Doryani belt but hard for me to justify the cost as the belt I currently have is "decent". It is not GG or anything but does meet my resist needs.

the voidbringer gloves look like they "start" at 2ex which is more than I have at this point. I'm just glad I am up to 35c again.

I did find a nice belt the other day
that is worth about 4ex or so .... but no takers on it as of yet..... need the ex so I can get some other gear for this.

Would it be best to get the voidbringer over the doryani's belt first?
Here is my gear actually in torment league: I got 2838 life, 3075 mana (1641 not reserved) and 244 mana regen.

It's a really nice build, it was sometimes hard to stay alive in front of some monsters, but now with cloak of defiance, CWDT+IC and artic armor currently level 14 it's really better and it's really fast for cleaning maps. I plan to change my weapon and my shield to get 2 weapons with + critical chance, currently I'm only at 13.8% and I think it could be nice to be higher to get more freezing !

Vaal spark with spell echo and lightning pen is also INSANE, I just use it on hard strongboxes or bosses, it just destroy everything.
I can make a video of this build with my stuff if someone would like to see it on my character.
"
BubbaGump1297 wrote:
@djokosrb

Interesting I took a different approach. I kept the increased critical Damage for my 5link and moved off the added lightning damage onto spell totem which does a lot of damage if you use the totem.

I look at using a totem almost as good as using a sentry on a Demon Hunter in D3. I put one ahead to see what lurks ahead. It does great supplemental damage using ARC-SPELL-TOTEM-ADDED LIGHTNING DAMAGE and does great agro if you throw it ahead to keep mobs from targeting you.

I'm kinda on the fence with voidbringer gloves. They really that good to use here? Maybe I should look at investing in a pair. I had thought about using a Doryani belt but hard for me to justify the cost as the belt I currently have is "decent". It is not GG or anything but does meet my resist needs.

the voidbringer gloves look like they "start" at 2ex which is more than I have at this point. I'm just glad I am up to 35c again.

I did find a nice belt the other day
that is worth about 4ex or so .... but no takers on it as of yet..... need the ex so I can get some other gear for this.

Would it be best to get the voidbringer over the doryani's belt first?

Maligaro's Virtuosity gloves provide more DPS and are much cheaper than Voidbringer.
Last edited by straglyder on Jan 7, 2015, 12:44:30 PM
Hit lvl 82 with this build, DPS is only at 14K though which seems kind of low. I think it's a result of crappy gear though-- can anyone confirm?

Spoiler

Since I'm super lazy, I decided to run a HoT-Curse on Hit-Conductivity thing-- I plan to add an increased AOE for more urn smashing and freezes. Also my CoDT setup is cold snap + decoy totem (I'm just leveling the prolif lol) which seem to work pretty well.

Still a lot of optimizing to do for me, but the build is good.
@straglyder
Maligaro Virtuosity provides more dmg on paper,and thats and the diference is marginal,about 450 in my confi.Thats something you can see at paper,thing you cannot see on paper but only in gameplay is how more often crits are with voidbringer.
And i wouldnt say that voidbringer is too much expensive i got mine with 341% increased ES and 147% increases crit for spells(which is great roll) for 60 chaos,which is about 1.25ex.Your trading skills is all that matters.
Same thing people say that added lightning dmg give dps and light pen does not,yeah on paper NO but in real gameplay in POE,where every second mob has something like resist elemental dmg or resist lightning dmg,pen is more usefull.Simply atm i penetrate 33% lightning res with my every arc atack.

@BubbaGump1297
Well i dont use spell totem,i wouldnt say that your approuch is worse or that mine is better,simply thats the way i play POE,more defensively.Simply not comparable to D3.Instead of spell totem+arc i`m using discipline and reduced mana,and with eldrich battery and my stuff(which is not expensive at all,1.25ex on voidbringer was biggest investment)i have 286 mana regen per second,or im missing 3-4 mana regen to run lvl 21 AA armour without loosing any mana,and i`ll get that when i swap pyre or by one node in the tree.
But thats the point of POE,and thats (one of)reason(s)why this game is number 1 ARPG out there atm,simply so many options in tree and with gear and skills.Not like in D3,where lets say you pick Demon Hunter and rush down sentry build with marauder set,kridshot and that quiver(forgot the name)which gives +2 more sentries.And in passive tree you keep stuff that buff your sentries and pets.
"
djokosrb wrote:
@straglyder
Thats something you can see at paper,thing you cannot see on paper but only in gameplay is how more often crits are with voidbringer.

Um you can see it on paper, or with basic math. Voidringer 150% crit chance, Virtuosity 50% crit chance. Since Arc has a 5% base crit chance Voidbringer is +7.5% to crit chance and Virtuosity is +2.5% to crit chance - for a 5% difference. Since my crit chance is already over 35%, Voidbringers are an imperceptible difference.

Voidbringers are great if you are low on crit chance and can deal with the extra mana costs, but avoid them if you are bottoming out often.
edited
Last edited by doux on Jan 7, 2015, 9:21:13 PM
Oh guys, just reading here got me nuts.

This is the gear I'm using and with gems 20 I'd hit 19-20k dps, max 3 ex in investment I'd get to 19k without the gem levels(this all without power charges, I got setup CoH herald of ice assasin's mark) and with atziri's promise oh well..

Step aside from overrated, retardingly expensive, items that u waste 50% of their stats.

My wands are both worth less than 5chaos, + the recipe to add 8~chaos.
First ring 3chaos, I know its really bad but it lets me free 1 point for 30 dex in the tree.
Belt - high hp + chaos resitance belt or even duo res - for less than 10chaos? YES! PLEASE!
- or why not pay 2 ex for 30% lightning damage which is equal to 600-1200 dps?(even as a full built, I'd choose 150 hp flat over 30% lightning damage(just think about it as a passive tree)
Amulet - I'm pretty sure its 3chaos.(For 10 I could get good one, but I am no longer interested into this league)
Cloak of Defiance, got mine for 1 ex at the first week of the league(quite expensive it is)
Got it to 6S from like 30~jew(pure luck yeah) and got it 5L from like 10~fus(pure luck once again)
But dont tell me its hard to get a 5l when u have 20 fusions each day with a vorici, or getting jewerls is hard with elreon...

its about time to stop follow and make your own decisions.
@straglyder
Anyway Voidbringer is better.And its not even more expensive,i would call similar price.Just like i said got my(almost top roll)for 1.25ex.
Hello,
is this build viable for Hardcore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info