" The Winter-Arc Crit ": Simple, cheap, safe and high dps 30k+ ( 2.0 updated)

I decided to update this build to 2.0.x because it works better then before in terms of damage and its so much cheaper now ! Keep in mind that you can improve it a lot if you are a spender :P

! the 2.1 patch will give a huge buff to arc so this will be amazing ! i will add the rework as fast as possible !

Current level 87 Witch Standard

New videos and screenshots :

"What this build is about"

If you need a simple build (no strange flasks ,so safe you don't even need to pay attention when it comes to packs of mobs, just click and kill, cheap ,low-mid-endgame this is it!

This build utilizes Arc as main dps source, combined with The Three Dragons(
) to freeze instead of shock + pyre sapphire ring(
(but you can play without it too).

How the combo works :So, our Arc (any lightning dmg) will no longer cause the shock-effect, but will instead cause a freeze-effect! Because of this, the Herald of Thunder will not proc anymore, so we use the pyre sapphire ring (100% of cold dmg converted to fire) so we can proc shock from using herald of ice (does aoe cold dmg).

Here are some Pros and Cons of the build:

Pros:
- Accessible to new players, because it's very simple to use;
- Very cheap Gear dependence ->The Three Dragons Helmet +-pyre sapphire ring;
- No expensive gear required;
- Effective;
- Solo and Party Viable;
- Starting as Crit Arc from the very beginning, without needing to transition from one build for leveling to main build;
- Fast -> Arc chains everywhere without the need to target monsters manually;
- Fun to play -> freezing mobs and bosses in mid air can be fun :P;
- Viable for late game > Doing 70-79 maps like nothing;
- You can make it work with just 5 sockets;
- It's possible to do elemental reflect maps if you always pop Topaz;
- Lots of room to play with the build, make changes as you play, if you wish;
- Atziri viable.

Cons:
- Hard, but not impossible, to do elemental reflect maps and regeneration reduced maps;
- Because of The Three Dragons Helmet + pyre sapphire ring, you will find it a bit harder to get your defense stats up;
- Low budget will have problems at some bosses on maps tier 10+ ;
- Mana can be difficult to balance .
- Vaal Pact required ( but it got buffed and its closer now and will waste few points just)

Current Passive Tree updated 2.0 ( because of the changes i had to deal with mana using some jewels . still looking for better ways )

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcEswVCBx4HYwj0DkgPqxBYEZYTnhZvFr8XLxo4HRQi9CSLJpUnLyo4LJw62EGWRKtG10lRTLNVS1WuVcZV1lcrXfJfKmHiZJ1k52ZUZp5o8mpDbAttGXBScNVxhXIPdFV2EXwOfjN-WX_GghCCm4PbhXuJ04w2jmSPRo-mj_qQVZMnlG-VLpZ0mjuboaIApJGnVayYrrOxQraGtvq9gsBUwGbDOsu9zLfQH9D11XXVptq534rfsOFz42rpAuvk6_XsOO0g7Tzv6_Af8NXyHfem99f60v6z?accountName=daulabuci&characterName=frumushica

>>>>>> more updates soon in terms of pasives and also i will add new videos, as i test more things but right now it works <<<<<<

Current Link Gems in items:

Body armor :

Head :

Gloves :

Boots :

Weapon 1 :

Weapon 2 :

How to fight :

Arc is a auto target spell, so it doesn't matter if you're aiming in front and mobs are on the left..
Use lightning warp to get around fast and keep shooting arc while placing you're totem ( don't forget the totem can freeze to and can be used to lure the attention of bosses), and cast that assassin mark curse.
The combo's of CWDT will keep you alive . Especially frost wall who will be auto spammed and using curse warlord's mark to give you more life leach in case of ... !!!

> Cast when Damage Taken combos for this build are important to stay alive so make sure you optimize the level of gems to be used ! <

Tips on what items you should look for:
Weapons - Moonsorrow Imbued Wand (cheap and very good), also you can use any mace, dagger, wand that has good spell dmg / cast speed / crit multiplier / crit chance for spells (Aim for 2 doryani's catalyst with high rolls).
Body Armor - Best is to get ES type 4 link, 5 link, 6 link or ES + Armor (you will need lots of blue sockets and 1 red socket).
Head - Must have The Three Dragons (very cheap for a few chaos orbs).

Boots - Aim for armor type or ES (keep in mind that you need some red sockets).

Gloves - Anything armor / ES type (aim for Maligaro's Virtuosity > Atziri's Acuity).

Belt - Get lots of hp + resists at start. (aim for Doryani's Invitation lighting).

Rings - 1. Not a must have, but you can get a pyre sapphire ring.
2. Aim for global crit as main stat, then look for resist + HP + cast speed or lightning dmg.
Amulet - Aim for Spell dmg + critical dmg multiplier + Cast speed or crit chance.

Tips on Flasks : the build is not dependable on specific types , but what it helps are atleast this

Videos :
lvl 71 map rare strand:
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdM9Fnb_yFs

dominus
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JsgGLlHitk

lvl 74 rare map
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1dp5mQuujE

Screenshots for 2.0:
Spoiler
http://pasteboard.co/2qnYnFdc.jpg

Players feedback using build video :
"
sklipnoty wrote:
Hello I made a small vid of this build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC0VYsrmPZI

Gear:

Spoiler

Still in leveling stage, it's been OP :) (I'm on torment, so no OP gear yet)

More updates and tips as fast as i test more things and also will add more videos .

For the future i want to make a Standard Trading - Selling & Buying build specific were ppl can find what they need faster .

Last edited by daulabuci on Dec 11, 2015, 4:51:34 AM
Last bumped on Dec 29, 2017, 4:58:38 PM
feel free to ask things about leveling,how this build on specific maps or vs specific bosses i will make videos soon .
This build looks nice,after playing some melee and physical atack build,i`ll probably try this one next week.Daublaci can you post some info about leveling(passive points and skills)?

At very low lvls you can just use any kind of spells you like for lvling (you focus on spell dmg or mana for the use of Arctic Armor/hp nods in the center and ( avoid any crit passive as u dont need it under lvl 50 ), the change to arc its worth it from atleast lvl 34 ( when u chain 3 times ).
Also as fast as you can get spell totem +arc can help alot by spaming using as a decoy .(does decent dmg also )
After you go almost only arc atacks (now the lighting nods up the pasive tree are worth it ), when u finish the center start moving to the left of the pasive tree as you progress .
For items your main stats are spell dmg / resists (very important the lighting ^^ ) /hp and no crits under 50 not worth it . But if you want to invest in good items it will help to get crit also of course.

Quite interesting build concept daulabuci, thanks for sharing!

One point I'm sceptical about is that once one procures Doryani's Catalyst(s), the bonus Elemental Proliferation is wasted with the suggested gemming choice. I fully appreciate the power of this weapon in all other respects.

I am about to respec my witch and 99% will model after your build, keep it up!
Thx for reply.
I am trying this build at the moment.
Need a nice leveling guide and bandits.
Tnx.
The thing is, you will start getting more +life and +resist on your gear eventually, reducing the effectiveness of rewards like hp ,resist,mana from bandits, while +passives allows you to always change something in your build or reach keystones you didn't think you could reach.Personaly i prefer pasive points all the way.
I have tried pledge of hands , very good wands , high crit daggers but Doryani's Catalyst ended up the best choice for dmg and sustain at a decent price for me . ( the 2 % elem dmg life leach + 1 % lighting leach from doryani's belt are so good dat ele reflect becomes something that you don't pay attention ( very rare i use flask for lighting )
I can even play without Life Leach gem in my 6 link and use Item Quantity instead or other's for 70-75 maps.
A very good item and only thing i desire right now are Atziri's Acuity gloves , won't help me achieve something i cant right now ... but they are so damn and i can get rid of Vaal Pact ( so many points there.. ).
Really cool build. I was trying to plan out an arc witch build and yours just makes it snap into place.

I was just wondering in what order you branched off from the witch start.
Is it something like this: Lightning Walker -> Cruel Preparation -> Heart of Thunder/EB -> Heart and Soul -> Templar(Divinity, Elementalist, Retribution) -> Crit -> Celestial -> Vaal Pact -> Shadow

Also what do you think of this variation:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQ6QKPpv6zRKtXK1WuvYIsnG0ZBUIQWAj0IvRBlnYRwFRsC66z0PXk7GpDvOoNjUyzMjQc3FAwBAcfAi1H216D2zbFUEIRD1XG2CSMNn6vTC2nCOUZE54HY1VLjRkUsNrdna4VULQ4pJHLvWHi4BKCHhps5Yv79X4z5oHZX9sLNunkIhvxl5dd8ha_3YwkqtWmfsdFfBZv7Tz60uNqmjsXLx0U4XOCmySwjmSiAOw4QqP3pgSzJy-ApLb6wGaQVRo4wBpxhcy31XWxQtq5Rtc=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info