" The Winter-Arc Crit ": Simple, cheap, safe and high dps 30k+ ( 2.0 updated)

Hello, interesting build, I'm going to try it !

Don't you think "Deep Thoughts" is better to take than "Soul Siphon" since you don't take "Coordination" anymore ?

Also, the pyre ring is the only way to shock with this build ? It seems like a good combo with herald of thunder. Just want to know if there are other options.

Thx for your work :)
Last edited by Nephryo on Dec 14, 2014, 2:16:27 PM
pyre ring is the only way to shock with this build or u use some other skills gems to proc .
Planning on making this build in a few hours. Are you currently using the build if so how is it going? Is it HC friendly? if not could you make a HC variant. How does this build do in higher level maps 75+? Wont have much currency in the new league for a long time so whats a good alternative for three dragons until i can afford it.(they're around 20C so kinda expensive atm). What do you think about Cloak of defience and mom? did you test it how did it work. What did you use to level at the beginning and what do you recommend we level with
"
asbo96 wrote:
Planning on making this build in a few hours. Are you currently using the build if so how is it going? Is it HC friendly? if not could you make a HC variant. How does this build do in higher level maps 75+? Wont have much currency in the new league for a long time so whats a good alternative for three dragons until i can afford it.(they're around 20C so kinda expensive atm). What do you think about Cloak of defience and mom? did you test it how did it work. What did you use to level at the beginning and what do you recommend we level with

I am currently using the build , as i said previously in post i am doing maps 70-78 no problem . all you need to do is learn how to fight bosses (what to dodge ) the rest is easy as pie :P
You can play with mind over matter or lightning coil as long as you have lots of blue and atleast 1 red sockets <<difficult to obtain.
It is HC friendly , as a frend of mine made one . ( i will get the details about how to lvl up , what to use etc as soon as i can )

At the moment i cant record a video very good , but in the next 2 days i will add maps 75+ and atziri.

"
daulabuci wrote:
"
asbo96 wrote:

I am currently using the build , as i said previously in post i am doing maps 70-78 no problem . all you need to do is learn how to fight bosses (what to dodge ) the rest is easy as pie :P
You can play with mind over matter or lightning coil as long as you have lots of blue and atleast 1 red sockets <<difficult to obtain.
It is HC friendly , as a frend of mine made one . ( i will get the details about how to lvl up , what to use etc as soon as i can )

At the moment i cant record a video very good , but in the next 2 days i will add maps 75+ and atziri.

Oh ok what do you think about the three dragon thing. Its a bit expensive at the moment so what should we use to level until we can afford it. Also what do we level with.
Last edited by asbo96 on Dec 14, 2014, 6:37:38 PM
Hiyas,

I have a question, how exactly do you freeze?
I know its through 3 Dragons, but then does it take crits to freeze?
If so, how often do you freeze, as I see you don't have a ton of crit in the build.

Thank you! =p

1 other thing I noticed unless you need the dex / str, you can save a point by going http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcEswVCB2MI9BBYEQ8TnhSwGjgabBvxHwIi9CcvKPoqOCycMjQ1kjbFQYdBlkSrRXxG10wtTLNPr1AwVUtVrlXGVytd8mHiZ71qQ20ZcYV2EX4zfq9-x4IQgh6Cm4LHg9uMNo0Zj6aQVZeXmjudrqIApJGnCKlurrOxQrQ4tfK3PriTvOq9gsAawFTAZsu9zLfQ9dV11abYJNi92V_audrd2wvbXt2M34rfsOAS4XPkIuTs5Rnli-kC6-7sOO089On56Pv1_gr-s8HzoqN_xhGWDkg= this way to the shadow area.
"
Ozoug wrote:
Hiyas,

I have a question, how exactly do you freeze?
I know its through 3 Dragons, but then does it take crits to freeze?
If so, how often do you freeze, as I see you don't have a ton of crit in the build.

Thank you! =p

1 other thing I noticed unless you need the dex / str, you can save a point by going http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcEswVCB2MI9BBYEQ8TnhSwGjgabBvxHwIi9CcvKPoqOCycMjQ1kjbFQYdBlkSrRXxG10wtTLNPr1AwVUtVrlXGVytd8mHiZ71qQ20ZcYV2EX4zfq9-x4IQgh6Cm4LHg9uMNo0Zj6aQVZeXmjudrqIApJGnCKlurrOxQrQ4tfK3PriTvOq9gsAawFTAZsu9zLfQ9dV11abYJNi92V_audrd2wvbXt2M34rfsOAS4XPkIuTs5Rnli-kC6-7sOO089On56Pv1_gr-s8HzoqN_xhGWDkg= this way to the shadow area.

Shock is inflicted by critical strikes or by obtaining some amount of chance to shock. (i have 41% amount to shock will get to 46% at my next lvl ^^ )
I freeze 1/2 hits , small packs die like 1 hit if i crit .. magic / rare moobs after i freez once they stay forever .Some bosses dont get status like freez/ignite/shock .. but rare and i noticed dat in maps 75+ bosses become harder to keep them perma freez but still 1 of a few hits gets them and gives you plenty of time to hit them safe .
Really good build, got interested and I started building this char.

Just one thing I want to ask.
I heard that Three Dragons does not convert "Chance to Shock" to "Chance to Freeze".
Thought it is necessary to take "Chance to Freeze" passives if going for perma-freeze.

Did they change the way Three Dragons work?
Or were you aiming for increased shock chance with fire dmg?
Your Lightning Damage can Freeze but not Shock , instead of shock i do freez . chances i got are 41% right now will get 46 final in 1 more lvl .
According to the wiki (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Three_Dragons),

"This item does not convert stats or modifiers in any way, including modifiers such as "5% chance to Ignite". For example, if an enemy is struck by fire damage without Three Dragons it has a chance to be ignited based on the fire damage dealt equal to the sum of all "chance to Ignite" modifiers the player has. If the same hit is performed with Three Dragons equipped, the player may inflict a shock ailment based on the amount of fire damage dealt equal to the sum of all "chance to Shock" modifiers. This hit can no longer ignite the target (unless it also deals cold damage) and is therefore not affected by "chance to Ignite" modifiers in any way."

It seems Lighting Damage can Freeze instead of Shock, but "chance to shock" itself doesn't become "chance to freeze" with three dragons.

Several posts on the forum also say the same.

However, you are actually playing with this build and freezing enemy at like 50% chance.
So... I'm pretty confused about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info