" The Winter-Arc Crit ": Simple, cheap, safe and high dps 30k+ ( 2.0 updated)

"
spospospospo wrote:
I have problems leveling up, what nodes I should take first?

Crit(Anhilation)
Go right or left first in the tree( leaning towards left right now)

ty

When I level something which I have planned I always start to get some HP like 5/6 nodes and then directly try to open the furthest nodes im gonna get, cause low levels getting 10str instead of ele dmg/hp doesnt hurt that much, also why going for crit early? 5% or 7% it doesnt really matter with such low multiplier.
"
juanvander wrote:
Is this build capable of doing Atziri?

I'll soon attempt atziri, level 80 11,3k dps 3.4k hp 700 unreserved mana.

I will update on what happend.

Update.

I tried atziri, I died 2 times on the vaal twins, once on trio and another 3 times at last of trio the cycloner.

I died at vaals, because I literally had no control over the fight.
Third time I died at the trios it was because I got anihilated by my stupidity, warping into the gunpowder of the shooting bit*h.
And lastly I died those 3 times mostly because when I killed the first 2, I killed them at really bad positions so the damaging ground was sort of everywhere so I couldnt kite that good, I just ended up either below 30%hp or eating his corruption strikes(which hurts A LOT).

So yeah, If I waste another 4/5 sets I might be able to get the hang of it, but not sure if I'll be able to do atziri.

One thing came to my mind while I was dying - Can a tormented soul infest Atziri?
Please someone answer with a no.

Last edited by challengerx on Dec 29, 2014, 8:56:00 PM
Hello. It's really nice build !

I have some questions about this build.

My Gear and Screenshot with DMG :

I have some questions.

1. What's better ... Lightining Pentration or Add Lightning Damage linked with Arc ? :)

2. What's better ... Conductivity or Assassin's Mark ?

I made some calculate with these two curses :

a) I have 34,6 Critical Strike Chance with 4 Power Charges ( 26007DPS )

It means that 34,6%x432%(my multiplier)= 149,47% - Avr. Damage with Conductivity ( +40% ) = 208% avg. dmg on hit

Conductivity get also % Shock with Lightining Damage ( Is it work like Critical Chance with ARC ? That's mean we've got 14% additional freeze chance ? )

b) with Assassin's Mark I got about 44,6C.Strike Chance .. It's about ( 30500 dps )

So.. 44,6x432% = 198,72% avg.dmg + 40% additional damage from Critical Strike.. It gives 278% avg damage on hit.

Also.. Remember that I've got Romira's ring and I pretty easily get Power Charges !

I don't know that it's correct.

Sorry for my english guys. Thx for answers !

Last edited by ImJacobXD on Dec 30, 2014, 6:10:32 AM
I would like to see how this build is Atziri capable(according to creator it is)? :)
Hey mate! - Jacob
I will try to provide you with answers on all your questions!

1 - Okay for this one we can take simple math.
Lets say you deal 10k Lightning damage on single cast, and Added Lighting would provide with another 2k(those are the average numbers added lightning damage provides in terms of %) = 12k and if you consider a monster's resistance lets say 50(easiest to calculate) it literally halves your damage = 6k
Okay now lets look on Penetration, 10k dmg + 33% penetration, and a mob with 50res - 33% would reduce 50 res to 33.x So 10k through just 33resist is 6600~~~ damage.
Lets give it another look with crits, if you have 33% to crit, this is avg 1 per 3 u crit and crit multiplier 400, so every 3 attacks you'll get a crit thats 10k x 400% - 40kdmg - added lightning would hit like 12k x 400% 48k mob with 50% res = 24k dmg
Penetration u hit 40k dmg on a mob with 33% res so you loose 13k damage = 27k dmg

I hope this sums up about the penetration vs added.

2 - if you go added lightning damage, then cast conductivity.
I am using penetration instead of added and I am using a spell totem with assasin's mark, TBH I dont use it that much.

3 - I dont like romira's that much, its true u get really easy charges but u loose them even more so.
I see it better to just use a 30% crit ring with assasin's mark from time to time so that I can have my max charges like 80%of the time.

Anyways, your gear is really good, but how are your resistances?
I assume you got vaal pact, have u tried atziri?
Last edited by challengerx on Dec 30, 2014, 7:39:01 AM
"
djokosrb wrote:
I would like to see how this build is Atziri capable(according to creator it is)? :)

If we are talking about atziri the boss, with vaal pact I'd say it would be only a matter of kiting skills, but without vaal pact the mirror one would probably instagib you, even with a topaz(yet to test this).
The simplest solution would be to go Lighting tendrils(tripple dps than arc).

Vaal brothers are meh, if you have bigger 17 inch monitor than mine, you should have no problem, topaz flask could help here when lighting balls appear.

Trios are tricky, if they die in the centre its easy to kite, but if u fck this up, oh boy :D
1 tip, never lighting warp in such fights, desync/lag/delay I dont care how you call it, would crush
you!
I've seen several other arc builds and some vids.. but thought I'd give this a try.

I'm a noob in PoE and only a lvl 45 witch at this point. Found my skill tree was partially jacked up and had to fix it for this build.

At this time I find myself pretty squishy using arc and perhaps I shouldn't be using it as of yet as a main skill. I lack decent flasks and gear but the kill rate is pretty decent. Some uniques I just will die to and even some of the bosses in the corruption areas I don't seem to do any damage to (those big snake-worm things that have shields on them).

I hardly have any decent gear at this point for this build but am working on finding what I need. So hard to see builds and the gear and know how to get the gear you want/need. The trading here in PoE seems very complex on who to get what from and how much it should or should not cost. This is my biggest roadblock. I did manage to buy a lvl 12 "faster casting" gem yesterday, as I had none, for 3 alc. Think it requires a lvl 52 char or something like that (not in game) so I can't even use it right now but thought it was good to get a lvl 12 of one right off the bat. I dunno if that was a good deal or not a good deal. Both the buyer(me) and the seller seem to have no idea about pricing and currency here in PoE.

My Char is only on Cruel mode at the present time. It seems so much I saw out in the trade channel costs Chaos or EX....... is there a way to "farm" for those? I'm sure I'm not in a part of the game for EX as I've never seen one and only have found a few Chaos at this point. Sorry I know the question is a bit off topic.
Last edited by BubbaGump1297 on Dec 30, 2014, 11:00:20 AM
Hi, what about bandits with this build? I understand we depend on Arctic Armour on end-game, but we take some HP nodes so, mana or hp in first bandit? Actually, Arctic Armour drains 230mp/sec, can we handle that without Clarity on even with Clarity? I never played Witch to high level, so I have absolutely no idea how it's suppose to work.
Last edited by Shadov1 on Dec 30, 2014, 2:17:19 PM
BubbaGump

Arc should be main skill just right after you get it, being squishy in cruel is a part of the game.
But as I remember when I was at your level of experience I made 2 chars to level 50-60 trying to play a build around lightning strike, I never had any idea what I need and always ended up with a trash build,
For example I went Resolute technique (no crit but always hit) while trying to increase my crit chance...
That snake you're talking about has a proximity shield, which can only be damaged if you're inside the shield(but yeah the snake runs so its annoying).

Trading is indeed complex at first glance, but the currency/trade system in this game is the best there is, I've never played games where at level 10 u can get something that you can trade for something level 50+, or neither use it then.

That faster casting, wasnt such a bad deal, but still its not useful if u cant use it, I'd suggest you to get a spell echo support gem, try to find it for 1/2c max, or Reverberation wand.
Use poe.xyz - the online shop where u can sort anything you want and get what you need!
Farming exalts - there is no such thing, you farm everything else and convert it to exalts, but not exalts themself.
Farming chaos is easy with the unidentified sell recipe, but u can only do that after 59 level areas. which requires atleast merciless act 2.

I'd like to see what is your current gear, what have you linked arc with and perhaps your passive tree, theres a online skill planner under "game" from the forum tab.

@Shadov1 Hey!

I Just managed to increase my mana regen a bit more, so now I overcome the 190 mana degen per second while running and yes I am using clarity, ofcourse you're gonna need it with arctic armor(well most of the times).
As for bandits, always get the HP, its 40 flat, nodes would provide you percentage, so 40 flat is really a good start, as for kraitlyn resistance bonus is worthless, in levels higher than 65 or when you start to get ur gear up, u'll cap your resistances pretty easy, as for mana, no I've never taken it, not even once.

Cheers on arc!
Last edited by challengerx on Dec 30, 2014, 3:08:40 PM
Just found this one

which replaced
Yeah its nothing special(i miss crit an life is low) but for now its great,it bumped my mana regen to 250 so i have enough for lvl 21 AA,when i get it ofc.
Last edited by djokosrb on Dec 30, 2014, 3:51:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info