SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

Was the Cloak of Defiance already discussed?
Not sure if CoD was discussed, but Cloak of Flame or Lightning Coil are the recommended chests for this build. All else being equal, with the already fairly high mana regen requirement of the build, MoM's 30% of dmg taken from mana might be sustainable with the added mana & regen of CoD, but you'd lose the 20-30% dmg conversion and HP or resist of the other chests.
Last edited by Arthikas on Jan 11, 2015, 3:39:09 PM
MoM is still really bad because you're reserving almost all your mana as well. Sure, 30% of the damage is gonna go to your mana, all ~150 of the mana that's unreserved.
Last edited by simpleMystery on Jan 11, 2015, 4:06:01 PM
The build doesn't have the maximum mana for Cloak of Defiance.

It is a unique you build around, this isn't one of those builds.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Good morning Redeye,

I have started playing this build and it is very fun, I would just like to know what you think about chaging this into a duel toem and duel curse build. Is there any benefit to it?

I play with one other person who is also running this build, so have been thinking of better ways to compliment it.

I made a rough edit of your build for it here.

Let me know what you think.
"
Shipman wrote:
Good morning Redeye,

I have started playing this build and it is very fun, I would just like to know what you think about chaging this into a duel toem and duel curse build. Is there any benefit to it?

I play with one other person who is also running this build, so have been thinking of better ways to compliment it.

I made a rough edit of your build for it here.

Let me know what you think.

Spell Totems are really weak in the current state of the game, you don't gain much from using them anymore and the drawbacks are massive.

If you have your heart set on Incinerate-like Totems, then you should be using Flame Totem.

The build which I'm running focuses a lot on defence, this is something which totem builds don't usually invest so heavily into.

For soloing, I would either stick to this build or use a Flame Totem build which are also found here on the forums.

If you are grouping, Incinerate totems have a niche use you might want to consider. This specific use has nothing to do with my build or the tree you posted. You have the option to use culling strike with your totems, stack a lot of defence and forget about damage entirely. With this setup you stack IIR/IIQ, curse everything and cull everything. These types of builds are immensely powerful in groups but are usually terrible to solo with. You can reach decent 2k+ tooltip totems without much investment, but your primary uses are for culling and cursing.

I don't know if people still play this, I haven't bothered checking if there are guides showing it. Back in open beta, this was a really popular culling setup which you could go low life with. Regular life based works equally as well since snap shotting was removed.

Honestly, I would not attempt the build you shared in your post. Stick to self cast if you are going to follow a similar build path to mine. Use Flame Totem if you are going for a DPS totem build which can solo well. Incinerate Totems are decent for niche support culling.

Oh, and the 8% totem damage nodes in your linked tree are terrible. 10% spell damage nodes offer better damage than those. Avoid those if you can, and take the totem phys/ele defence nodes. Totem defence nodes are the best nodes on the tree for totem builds.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jan 12, 2015, 8:21:41 AM
I'm new to the game and the playstyle of this build looked fun.
I'm level 69 and on some maps against some mobs I have issues surviving. I really wanna build in to EB and get a CoD but I've seen you saying that this build isn't mean for that, and I agree; my mana pool is extremely low compared to the CoD builds that I have watched.
I was just wondering how you survived, all of my resists are capped in merci and my Incin sheet DPS is 2K with Spell Echo, GMP and Added Cold linked to it (Only have a 4L)
I've got 3.2k max life, 2.7K unreserved, and ranged mobs seem to give me troubles, and I get 1 shot every now and again with no time to react.
So where do you get tanky? And why is Lightning Coil/Cloak of Flame used? I understand that you can mitigate the -Resists with Auras, I was just wondering what made them so attractive for the build?
"
DannyWillis wrote:
I'm level 69 and on some maps against some mobs I have issues surviving. I really wanna build in to EB and get a CoD but I've seen you saying that this build isn't mean for that, and I agree; my mana pool is extremely low compared to the CoD builds that I have watched.
I was just wondering how you survived, all of my resists are capped in merci and my Incin sheet DPS is 2K with Spell Echo, GMP and Added Cold linked to it (Only have a 4L)
I've got 3.2k max life, 2.7K unreserved, and ranged mobs seem to give me troubles, and I get 1 shot every now and again with no time to react.
So where do you get tanky? And why is Lightning Coil/Cloak of Flame used? I understand that you can mitigate the -Resists with Auras, I was just wondering what made them so attractive for the build?

2.7k unreserved is really low, so it seems like a gear issue.

It is imperative that you look for life on every piece of gear that you can. At level 69 you should be looking at 4000+ max life, with about 3600 unreserved. I had this much around that level at the start of bloodlines, I died with 4500 life at level 76. There are a lot of life nodes in the build tree. If you are able to avoid taking aura effectiveness/damage nodes early on and take life/dodge asap then the build is much more tanky.

Cloak of Flame and Arctic Armour become really valuable once you are able to obtain a good amount of life. Mitigating physical damage is much more effective when using both of these, without them you are relying solely on dodge.

I use Cloak of Flame in the build purely to mitigate physical damage. Lightning Coil is an overly expensive late-game luxury item which isn't worth investing into because of the 4b2g colours which must be rolled.

Other options, such as belly of the beast, are perfectly reasonable to use. I choose not to use it because of the 212% life I already have in the passive tree, making the +40% stat a lot less efficient. Cloak of Flame synergises really well with AA, providing far better defence verses physical damage. Also, belly of the beast is fairly expensive for a build which is aimed to be very cheap for new leagues.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jan 12, 2015, 3:10:40 PM
"
SlightRedeye wrote:

Spell Totems are really weak in the current state of the game, you don't gain much from using them anymore and the drawbacks are massive.

If you have your heart set on Incinerate-like Totems, then you should be using Flame Totem.

The build which I'm running focuses a lot on defence, this is something which totem builds don't usually invest so heavily into.

For soloing, I would either stick to this build or use a Flame Totem build which are also found here on the forums.

If you are grouping, Incinerate totems have a niche use you might want to consider. This specific use has nothing to do with my build or the tree you posted. You have the option to use culling strike with your totems, stack a lot of defence and forget about damage entirely. With this setup you stack IIR/IIQ, curse everything and cull everything. These types of builds are immensely powerful in groups but are usually terrible to solo with. You can reach decent 2k+ tooltip totems without much investment, but your primary uses are for culling and cursing.

I don't know if people still play this, I haven't bothered checking if there are guides showing it. Back in open beta, this was a really popular culling setup which you could go low life with. Regular life based works equally as well since snap shotting was removed.

Honestly, I would not attempt the build you shared in your post. Stick to self cast if you are going to follow a similar build path to mine. Use Flame Totem if you are going for a DPS totem build which can solo well. Incinerate Totems are decent for niche support culling.

Oh, and the 8% totem damage nodes in your linked tree are terrible. 10% spell damage nodes offer better damage than those. Avoid those if you can, and take the totem phys/ele defence nodes. Totem defence nodes are the best nodes on the tree for totem builds.

Ah ok, thanks for all that. Really saved me some time, I will most likely continue with your build path as it's going good. Thanks again :).
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
DannyWillis wrote:

2.7k unreserved is really low, so it seems like a gear issue.

It is imperative that you look for life on every piece of gear that you can. At level 69 you should be looking at 4000+ max life, with about 3600 unreserved. I had this much around that level at the start of bloodlines, I died with 4500 life at level 76. There are a lot of life nodes in the build tree. If you are able to avoid taking aura effectiveness/damage nodes early on and take life/dodge asap then the build is much more tanky.

Cloak of Flame and Arctic Armour become really valuable once you are able to obtain a good amount of life. Mitigating physical damage is much more effective when using both of these, without them you are relying solely on dodge.

I use Cloak of Flame in the build purely to mitigate physical damage. Lightning Coil is an overly expensive late-game luxury item which isn't worth investing into because of the 4b2g colours which must be rolled.

Other options, such as belly of the beast, are perfectly reasonable to use. I choose not to use it because of the 212% life I already have in the passive tree, making the +40% stat a lot less efficient. Cloak of Flame synergises really well with AA, providing far better defence verses physical damage. Also, belly of the beast is fairly expensive for a build which is aimed to be very cheap for new leagues.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I went ahead and bought a CoF, and started using Activate on Damage Taken, Artic Armour, Enduring Cry and Immortal Call.
Instantly felt a lot more tanky.

The only issue I see now is that I couldn't find any high link CoFs, so late game when I replace this for a 6L, will I not feel the same squishy issues?

Due to me being new my gear is relatively bad, looking to improve it as I go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info