SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

"
SlightRedeye wrote:

Other options, such as belly of the beast, are perfectly reasonable to use. I choose not to use it because of the 212% life I already have in the passive tree, making the +40% stat a lot less efficient. Cloak of Flame synergises really well with AA, providing far better defence verses physical damage. Also, belly of the beast is fairly expensive for a build which is aimed to be very cheap for new leagues.

I'd thought that even with Cloak of Flame's 20% Phys dmg conversion to Fire dmg, a decent Belly of the Beast would give better defense due to much greater Life. I have a CoF, 3 BotB's, and a Lightning Coil (still trying to roll 2G/3B). So for example, with CoF my current HP is 4865, with Belly (not linked/colored yet) it's 5511 - about 13% increase. Is that directly comparable to the 20% Phys conversion (-7%), but adding the inc. Armor (half by Acrobatics, so about +1.5%) & +2% EV? Overall it seems CoF comes out ahead by 2-3%, not counting its ES (small) and Fire resist, or am I doing it wrong?
"
Arthikas wrote:
"
SlightRedeye wrote:

Other options, such as belly of the beast, are perfectly reasonable to use. I choose not to use it because of the 212% life I already have in the passive tree, making the +40% stat a lot less efficient. Cloak of Flame synergises really well with AA, providing far better defence verses physical damage. Also, belly of the beast is fairly expensive for a build which is aimed to be very cheap for new leagues.

I'd thought that even with Cloak of Flame's 20% Phys dmg conversion to Fire dmg, a decent Belly of the Beast would give better defense due to much greater Life. I have a CoF, 3 BotB's, and a Lightning Coil (still trying to roll 2G/3B). So for example, with CoF my current HP is 4865, with Belly (not linked/colored yet) it's 5511 - about 13% increase. Is that directly comparable to the 20% Phys conversion (-7%), but adding the inc. Armor (half by Acrobatics, so about +1.5%) & +2% EV? Overall it seems CoF comes out ahead by 2-3%, not counting its ES (small) and Fire resist, or am I doing it wrong?

AA + Cloak of Flame is a full 20% reduction to phys damage. That isn't including the -X phys from AA, which applies afterwards.

Cloak is better phys mitigation, on par with a Lightning Coil. I have a section on it in the guide.

212% life -> 252% life = 12.8% more life. 12.8% vs 20% is the final outcome.

Evasion/Armour is negligible and doesn't function like the tooltip says btw, 300 armour does almost nothing. The 3% it says is inaccurate, lower armour values reduce large hits less efficiently. Vice versa, high armour values reduce small hits less efficiently too. The wiki explains more about it, but that is generally how it works.

Elemental damage is mitigated extremely well by spell dodge + purity already, so opting for better phys defence is better imo. Also, getting 4b2g on a Belly is expensive and delays the build massively.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jan 13, 2015, 6:52:52 PM
I've read the CoF vs. L. Coil section before which is why I bought a Coil, but since 3 Belly's have dropped with this toon so far I thought I could use one until the Coil links (if ever!). D: Also, I'm kinda stuck with Atziri's Foible amu for now and the HP loss I thought could be made up with Belly.

As always, thanks for the timely reply.

I am loving this build. I had a quick newbie question though. Do I need to cap my resistances at 75 before turning on my two purities, or should I let my two purities cap 79 for me? I wasn't sure if there may be a reason not to rely on gaining most of my fire/lightning resist from the two purities and lose more resist on gear for other stats. I am fairly new, thank you in advance for response.
Question, the chest peace is nice vs physical dmg but what about atziri I mean what would make this build uber atziri capable, I can do normal atziri sometimes I die sometimes I dont but I'm running just a tabula atm, I can cap fire resist to 99%, level 84 atm. Do u have a similar build or thread that's a bit more advanced, and doesn't cost that much? I'm atm 5,6k life doing around 100k dmg, still got most of my gems level 18-19. (btw this build is great ^^ realy helped me a lot!)
Last edited by d3subz on Jan 15, 2015, 11:46:07 AM
I'm trying out this build in BL atm. Since i've never done an incinerator before.
And i realy like it! Perfect first hardcore char (my first time ever in hc)
(Altho i made it as a shadow, i don't like templars animation ^^ )

I'm playing it abit diffrent though.

Using HoT - CoH - Warlords mark - Blind for added safety. Also i took endurance charge in merciless. I might spend 2 pts to grab another in tree aswell.

I'vent started using AA yet due low mana regen. But i feel realy tanky even without it.
Running grace instead of puritys aswell. I'm still debating if i should use Safell or go to purities. I like the evasion grace gives.

Gear so far:
Spoiler

(Edit: Nvm the gems in the sheild, they're just for lvling)
Sitting at 3.7k at lvl 65. I did piety at lvl 61 with this build and library quest at 63.

Oh and a bonus:

Not sure if i dare to use it yet. ^^
Last edited by _SleeZy_ on Jan 15, 2015, 2:40:01 PM
How is it possible to have that many passive points at 50?
I'm now 51 and did ALL quests and i only have 2 of the nodes in the life wheel @scion.....
"
Polypropylen wrote:
How is it possible to have that many passive points at 50?
I'm now 51 and did ALL quests and i only have 2 of the nodes in the life wheel @scion.....

Have you done your passive quests?
Also personally i picked only HP + acro in the start ive just now around 60s starting with the dmg nodes.

Ivent taken auras yet either.

Edit: Granted im higher level now, but this is my current tree to give u abit of perspective how i went.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLMFtQ18D6sWbxa_GjgabCLqJKomlScvKPowcTLRNZI26TpCOuFBh0VHRXxFnUZxRtdLV0t4TeNTNVNSVUtXyWHiYqxo8myMb55xhXwOgpuCx4MJjDaQVZeXmjua4Ju1naqiAKZXsUK0DLQ4tMW3PriTwBrAZsDjwuzDOspK1CPVpti92rndqOFz42rkIuUZ6Nbquuvu7DjtPPAf8bPyRfMR-ej79f4K
Last edited by _SleeZy_ on Jan 15, 2015, 4:16:54 PM
"
d3subz wrote:
Question, the chest peace is nice vs physical dmg but what about atziri I mean what would make this build uber atziri capable, I can do normal atziri sometimes I die sometimes I dont but I'm running just a tabula atm, I can cap fire resist to 99%, level 84 atm. Do u have a similar build or thread that's a bit more advanced, and doesn't cost that much? I'm atm 5,6k life doing around 100k dmg, still got most of my gems level 18-19. (btw this build is great ^^ realy helped me a lot!)

I don't have a more advanced build for you unfortunately. Killing Uber with this spec is something I haven't tested and don't really intend to. The build is capable of farming regular Atziri, but I would only argue as far as that. If you wish to farm Uber I would recommend an Atziri focused build which uses more expensive gear. The focus of this spec is on new leagues, low budget and self found primarily.

Changes you could make would be to invest in rolling a Belly of the Beast 4b2g or similar colours, which would give you about 12% more life. The added Lightning gem can be swapped out if you are struggling to chrom an eva/armour chest piece, options that remain are Blind/Empower/Faster Proj.

Your shield could be changed for a Saffell's quite easily if you can, AA is basically useless for Atziri except from the Trio fight where the white mobs start to spawn.

Overall, the fight depends on your own individual skill more than anything. If you are good you can make it happen regardless of anything I just said.

"
_SleeZy_ wrote:
Oh and a bonus:

Not sure if i dare to use it yet. ^^

Wow, grats on getting a 6l so early. Wait until you are comfortable to start using it, preferably once you start clearing maps past 72 and the build is fleshed out fully. Good job.

"
Rolwen wrote:
I am loving this build. I had a quick newbie question though. Do I need to cap my resistances at 75 before turning on my two purities, or should I let my two purities cap 79 for me? I wasn't sure if there may be a reason not to rely on gaining most of my fire/lightning resist from the two purities and lose more resist on gear for other stats. I am fairly new, thank you in advance for response.

Cap your resistances with the purities active, you use the extra +50% or so lightning and fire resistances to alleviate your reliance on gear.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jan 15, 2015, 4:27:07 PM
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
text

What do you think about using safell instead of the purities? or even both.
We still get 13% spellblock thats added to our spelldodge.
Downside as i see it is less HP (altho my current sheild sucks for hp but still.)

Ideal would be 2k evasion hp res i think, but that's not realy obtainable for me yet.

Edit: Also i'm just interested into making it work to farm maps convieniently with, i'm not gonna set my foot near atziri in hc :D

Thats also the reason i choosed endurance charge in merc, seeing as ive 4 up all the time. And i might possibly take a 5th aswell since those endurance phys reduction is a flat reduction which stacks well with out armor.

Last edited by _SleeZy_ on Jan 15, 2015, 4:36:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info