[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

Okay, I realized the char still had most of its quest passive refund points left and switched out of Acrobatics to the stun immunity route.

It.

Is.

So.

Much.

Worse.

I'm really hoping I'm just not used to playing without acrobatics, but so far this is absolutely awful. I'm running a granite flask that lists me at a 55% reduction on character sheet at level 87 and basically every hit is taking off at least 60% of my health, and every single thing is hitting now. I just opened a 78 map and I died before I even got a single CoC off, even though I potted before I saw any mobs.
I've had much the same issues regarding both survivability and damage output.

My solution with respect to the first:
- Use life leech gem in 5L. (Yes, this is a ~30% reduction in dps. This may imply that a 6L is now less of a luxury for doing, e.g., Atziri).
- Get both stun immunity and Acrobatics.

Since the latter point would require way too much passives to pull off on the tree, I've solved it by taking Kaom's Roots instead. Since I noticed I had a bunch of sockets dedicated to only semi-useful utility, the loss of the 4L wasn't really that much of an issue.

I've experimented with Saffell's, dual Purities, and AA in some combination or other. Going Kaom's + Acro + LL basically solved my issues. Like, I pretty much stopped dying, although I am admittedly only up to mid-tier maps at this point.

For damage, I've decided to run 2x Herald + Anger, with a HoT+CoH setup for Assassin's Mark. My main spells currently are EK and FP. I'm also running Blood Rage over RF, since I don't feel comfortable using the latter yet.

Died to Atziri on my first try a couple of levels (and days) ago, before I made the switch to Kaom's + Acro. Will try again in a few levels when I've specced Throatseeker and Doom Cast.

For reference:

Gear (6 days into league)

Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcFQgW1Bx4I9AmgDdEOSA-rD8QRlhSwFr8gbiLqI_YkiyT9JpUqCyo4LJwtHzBxMHw2PTpCOlg7fD9zQZZEq0lRS1dLeEyzTZJQMFFHVUtVrlXGXfJfsGHiYqxjQ2pDaxdsjGznbWxvnnBScNV3B3_GghCCHoMJg9uExYcTidOMC4w2jX2Nv4-mlSCVLpphm7WcpJ2qoqOus7VIuXy86r7uwFTA48HzwzrHyslEykrOcNAf0PXUI9sL217dqN-w51To1uyw7-vw1fGz8-r_3g==

Kaom's roots is an interesting idea. I hadn't considered that. That 78 map went better after I fiddled around a little bit, but I haven't tried further maps since then to know if I started playing it smarter or if I was previously in deadlier situations that I still can't mitigate. Maybe I'll spec one of my other characters into a roots+acro setup if I continue to have issues.
I'm currently specced for both Acrobatics and Unwavering Stance, and using Life Leech. The unmitigated one-shot is still an issue.

Passive tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAecDHgW1BiMHHg3RDkgPqxGWFE0WvxiRGYoajx9BIuoj9iSLJP0mlSoLKjgtqC9vMHEwfDWSNj026DpCOuFGaUlRSshLeE2STeNRR1VLWK9aUl3yX7Bh4mKsY0NsjG1sbqpvO2-ecFJwu3DVdwd4DXvDgh6DCYTFhxOIQonTjAuMNo19jb-P-pUum12btZyknaqfy6ZXpzComqlusZC1SLXyt9a5fLyfvoDAGsHFwzrKStQj2L3ZE9sL21ndqOdU6NbrFOwY7LDw1fJF8pfz6vba-wn8S_6P_94=
"
rydl wrote:

EB + ES on hit jewels help a great deal with mana(or rather not mana) management. The phys burst problem remains a problem on higher maps, but Cwdt - IC - IncDur and a leech setup like cwdt - molten shell - discharge - LL help alot. The AA point has already been touched upon in an earlier post. Also, reduced mana doesnt affect Auras and Heralds anymore, so you might want to stop wasting that gem slot.

I would be damned, just noticed the introduction of Enlighten and wasn't aware of red.mana and that it didn't affect auras and heralds.

I would be damned x2, dunno how many hundreds of alts I just wasted to roll a EB on hit gem... 90% of all rolls were gem for melee... goddamned. Still no EB on hit.
Last edited by boondoxsaints on Jul 16, 2015, 3:11:48 PM
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
I would be damned x2, dunno how many hundreds of alts I just wasted to roll a EB on hit gem... 90% of all rolls were gem for melee... goddamned. Still no EB on hit.

Just just checking - you are rolling a cobalt (blue) gem right?
"
Duskcaller wrote:
"
boondoxsaints wrote:

Just just checking - you are rolling a cobalt (blue) gem right?

yup
Just attempted an Atziri run. Had a lot more trouble with the trio and only got to Atziri with one portal left. Only got her through a single clone phase before I ran out. Clearing with Pulse + Arc seems to be working well, both here and elsewhere. I ran AA+Purity of Fire+Purity of Lightning+HoT, and ran RF on bosses and RF + Blood Rage in between bosses.

I used those against the Oversouls and had no issues. Wasn't able to kill the first one before he went under (he still had a good half of his HP, I think), so then I went to wail on the second one, and when he went under and I went back to the first one the second one ended up popping up right there so I had them conveniently grouped to get them killed at about the same time. On the plus side, one of them dropped an Alpha's.

I'm not exactly sure what made the trio such a problem. I killed the first one no problem, albeit it took a bit more time than in 1.3, but died as soon as he did thanks in part to the corrupted ground; that happened sometimes in 1.3, too, so not a big surprise. Then it seemed like 3/4 of the arena was corrupted ground, and the ranged chick refused to get out of the middle of it for a few more deaths. Final guy was okay, but still died one more time when I apparently couldn't get out of and heal from the corrupted ground in time. It seemed like trying to run anything other than pulse+arc was too risky; with them I hit most of the mobs that spawn for extra leech. Hopefully I was a little rusty and they'll be a tad easier next time, and maybe I can get a better feel on how Surge+Discharge (or Surge+whatever) works. When you're dying fast it's hard to know if you're killing fast and exactly what the problem is.

Atziri I messed up on and didn't bring my anti-curse flask, so I was under my own enfeeble or assassin's mark for most of the fight I could put up. I tried pulse+surge, but can't really comment on its effectiveness right now.
I'll post a new vid for Atziri when I can. Of course life gets busy right as 2.0 drops. *sigh*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info