[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

I need skill tree for coc witch that is tested out pls
Was lucky to get saffels as a drop in a group with short allocation, lol.
Level 67 now and it's hard to get currency and gear in Warbands this early, so I still have shitty gloves, cap, boots etc and ofc lack the correct flasks.

However, things are becoming better now, but still have to use mana flasks regulary. So far I've only paid 1 chaos 20 alt for wand+rings to get a little bit higher crit chance (tbh as soon as 6 charges are up, which they are in like a second, im good).

So far mana pool is deffo my issue. Can hardly, hardly run PoE+HoT together. Also, I can't remember AA being mitigating this badly? Ok my gems arent leveled nor +qual yet, but yesus what I'm taking a beating on phys damage like by flicker mobs.

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree so far:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAABx4IsQ3RDkgPqxGWFr8ZihqPIG4kiyaVKgsqOC0fLagyCTWSNj0__EGWSVFKyEtXTLNN41AwVUtd8l-wYeJjQ2xGbIxtbG6qb55wUnDVcmx3B3gNeWh_xoIeguSDCYcTidOKr4wLjDaQEZUglS6btZyknaqio6lurrOxkLVItfK31rl8voC-vMAawOPB88M6ykrQ9di92wvbWdte6GbssPDV8bPz6vba-wn-jw==?accountName=boondoxsaints&characterName=Zakkiza
"
boondoxsaints wrote:

However, things are becoming better now, but still have to use mana flasks regulary. So far I've only paid 1 chaos 20 alt for wand+rings to get a little bit higher crit chance (tbh as soon as 6 charges are up, which they are in like a second, im good).

So far mana pool is deffo my issue. Can hardly, hardly run PoE+HoT together. Also, I can't remember AA being mitigating this badly? Ok my gems arent leveled nor +qual yet, but yesus what I'm taking a beating on phys damage like by flicker mobs.

To help with your mana you're going to want EB and one or more jewels that give es on hit and/or mana on hit (as long as you're not reserving 100%). I finally rolled up a +3 ES on hit jewel, and things are much better now. I only risk running out on mobs that run around all over the place, due to the many missed hits, but against bosses and packs and everything else it's not really a problem. A second such jewel might help a little bit, but even one will make a big difference for you.

For your mana reservations you're probably going to have to invest in additional tree nodes or get an alpha's. With Alpha's + 12% on tree + conqueror's efficiency (another 2%), I can run 2 purities linked to a level 2 enlighten, as well as 2 heralds, and still have about 10% mana left as a back-up. I'm still under 100% without the enlighten, but then I can more frequently run out of ES/mana. I run the fire and lightning purities and the ice and thunder heralds right now. I have an arctic armor available to activate instead of a herald, should I ever desire defense over a herald (in EE maps I tend to drop the HoT, for example).

Otherwise, here are the main new combos I'm working with, in their respective items:
Spoiler

So for my CoC spells I've got freezing pulse and discharge. Both of these spells have a damage effectiveness of 150%, making the heralds more effective. I have a jewel that gives +2% freeze chance, which ups the potency of the herald of ice, as well as slightly improves the chance that the pulse will freeze mobs before they can get to me. The discharge does most of the damage, and the pulse is mostly for freezing and long range + wide area leeching. Also my wand is cold+lightning damage, so it makes sense to use those elements.

Both heralds are curse on hit + assassin's mark, which helps spread the curse out more thoroughly, which is great for getting power charges back from the discharges, and thus power up further discharges. The character I'm running this on didn't take the power charge from bandits, so it maxes out at 5 charges, but sometimes I still end up with 5 power charges after an attack ends. I don't know if this will be the truly best solution in the end, but it's been pretty enjoyable and functional in 75-78 maps. And the discharge should be relevant for end-game bosses like Atziri at the least, so it doesn't hurt for me to level it up right now.

Keeping my golem up constantly was proving to be a major headache, so for now I've linked him into a Cast When Stunned gem. A high level CWDT may also work, but since I didn't go stun immunity route I figured CWS would be better (plus it means I didn't have to recolor my gloves, which are very annoying to get off colors on).

As far as your AA comments go, yes, it's very different now. It's a fairly small less multiplier now, whereas in 1.3 it was a flat reduction. So it works better against very heavy hits, but worse against small hits, and making small hits irrelevant is what AA was originally used for. And monster damage has pretty much been universally scaled up.
Just a quick Question,i rebuild the Tree on my lvl 77 Scion and it works fine for clearing groups but at bosses im struggling,my gear is not that good but well there it is:

Spoiler

I'm still trying to get better rings and ofcourse trying to 6L my Volls ( i accidently sold one 6l right before the patch to a vendor RIP)

Do you Guys have any tips which spell combos to use against bosses,e.g single-target?I tried EK+flame surge+glacial cascade,but the damage is pretty lacking and bosses can tear me apart in seconds at 3.000~hp.Help would be nice.
"
boondoxsaints wrote:

EB + ES on hit jewels help a great deal with mana(or rather not mana) management. The phys burst problem remains a problem on higher maps, but Cwdt - IC - IncDur and a leech setup like cwdt - molten shell - discharge - LL help alot. The AA point has already been touched upon in an earlier post. Also, reduced mana doesnt affect Auras and Heralds anymore, so you might want to stop wasting that gem slot.

I'm curently 81 in Warbands and with the exception of large physical hits mapping goes relatively smoothly (GY merveil excluded, tho that might be because the area is just that damned full in 4+ player parties :P). I'm also constantly changing up the blue spell slot in my CoC setup, with the go to spells being Arc for low stuff, Flame surge for bosses and Magma Orb for general mapping. I'm also currently leveling a Frozen Pulse after really liking the spammy slow effect and Cold Snap, but that one probably has to wait until i at least 5L my Volls for power charge generation.

Keeping up Fire Res flask for Righteous Fire sis a major pita currently, might be because of no quality on the flask and "just" 83/86 crit and 85 or so accury tho.

for reference
Spoiler
EK is good because it deals Physical Damage and enemies have low armor by default. Basically, most can't resist it.

Yes, I will make another video.

Those spell crit nodes aren't necessary for Scion. They are just efficient. For the Witch, they are necessary for travel.

Resource issues are solved by Mana/ES on hit Jewels.

Phys damage is always powerful against glass cannons. You should ALWAYS be running a Surgeon's Granite of Iron Skin. AA is also good for us if you are still having problems.

I will update everything when I can.
"
TimeDilation wrote:
I finally rolled up a +3 ES on hit jewel,

How did you go about that?
"
EcNeRWaLJ wrote:
"
TimeDilation wrote:
I finally rolled up a +3 ES on hit jewel,

How did you go about that?

Pump alts into cobalt jewels.
Or alternatively just buy one, which is probably cheaper.
I've three +3 ES on hit jewels... just grabbed the first cobalt jewels I could find, and kept rolling them with alts till the mod came up (it seems to be one of the rarer ones). Solved all the mana problems.

Grabbing the Charisma Aura cluster and Templar Aura cluster plus the quest reward jewel with 2% mana reservation is enough to run two Heralds and two Purities if you spec for EB.

Nice bonus about the new EB: The mana penalty on Voll's Protector becomes irrelevant.

Damage seems down a bit... particularly on single targets. Or maybe monsters just have more health now. At any rate it doesn't feel like I'm killing fast enough to compensate for the build's lack of defences.

Survivability is a big frustration right now. I've tried with Acrobatics and without, and neither feels great. Acrobatics is fine until something actually hits me, but there are way too many monsters now that can one-shot a 4k health pool. Trying a map without Acrobatics, it felt like I was spamming pots constantly. Defences that mitigate damage seem much more effective than defences that avoid damage now.
"
Duskcaller wrote:
Damage seems down a bit... particularly on single targets. Or maybe monsters just have more health now. At any rate it doesn't feel like I'm killing fast enough to compensate for the build's lack of defences.

Monsters have more life; especially bosses (I can run 1.3 maps and it's obviously taking longer to take out bosses). And shotgunning is mostly gone (explosions can still overlap for extra damage), so getting up the face of high hp mobs doesn't do much with formerly shotgunning spells. I've gone with FP+Discharge as my main attack spells for now.

"
Duskcaller wrote:
Survivability is a big frustration right now. I've tried with Acrobatics and without, and neither feels great. Acrobatics is fine until something actually hits me, but there are way too many monsters now that can one-shot a 4k health pool. Trying a map without Acrobatics, it felt like I was spamming pots constantly. Defences that mitigate damage seem much more effective than defences that avoid damage now.

I've had much the same thoughts. I'm still running acrobatics, in part because speccing out of it on my current char would take a lot of regrets that I don't want to spend, and I don't think I have another leveled Scion to experiment with. You always had to spam at least your defensive pots, so that's not that new, but when you do get hit you definitely lose a lot of HP. So it might have gone the standard way of evasion mechanics in arpgs: either useless or counterproductive, because it just translates into a certain percentage chance of insta-death because eventually you won't avoid the kill shot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info