[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

I've got a level 85 Scion running right now. No ES-on-hit jewel yet (indeed, no jewels other than the 3 quest ones), and with phase acro I currently have ~156 ES and 34 unreserved mana (currently using an alpha's to run 2 purities+AA+HoT). I sometimes have mana issues, mostly in boss fights, though ES recharge seems to occur a lot faster than I thought it would so I'm not usually out of it for long. With an ES-on-hit jewel I don't think I'd have many issues. I haven't tried much mapping. Done my level 8 dailies other than Zana, and gone through act 4 in normal and cruel.

Freezing pulse, if you didn't notice, got a pretty large buff: way more base damage (it's better than fireball base) and a hefty damage effectiveness. I'm either running pulse+fireball+gmp or pulse+arc+gmp for clearing, and I try to switch in a discharge instead of the pulse for bosses (if I remember).

It's working fine so far, but hopefully I can get that jewel and a few more levels relatively soon and then I can see how it's really running for me.
I have noticed freezing pulse has been buffed, I'm using it to level until I get Glacial Cascade.

looks like energy shield on his is required to avoid standing still for 3 seconds all the time.
can this build still do atziri without the "shotgun" mechanism ?
What skill gems would be needed ?
Have actually decided to launch a coc one in Warbands and am at this stage level 56 and just entered Merci. Haven't been able to transform to COC, so have had a hard time to level with freezing pulse and a spelltotem with firestorm, puh.

I was lucky to find a tabula rasa in a corrupted area, lol, so atm I have barrage (level 7 im afraid since that was the lowest level able to buy from vendor), coc, pcoc, fireball, arc, gmp. Have to pop mana bottles all the time and overall crit is shit with my 9.00% wand and lack of jewelry ofc, but still works out pretty fine. Just aint reliable yet on crits.

Am going for the immunity to stun, but if anyone go for acro/phase, please share your experience.

Using the Ice golem for a minor buff to crit chance btw.

Are there any option now for CwDT after 2.0?

can you give me Witch skill tree again ? i am beginner
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
Am going for the immunity to stun, but if anyone go for acro/phase, please share your experience.

I'm using it right now on an 85 scion in standard. I'm not entirely sure it was the right choice. It's a little hard to tell if I'm suffering issues from stuns or just from running out of mana, though. I still don't have an es-on-hit jewel, meaning I'm mostly dependent on assassin's mark to maintain against hordes. But then I run out on heftier mobs. Not having the 50% acro penalty might help a little, but would ultimately just delay the problem.

"
boondoxsaints wrote:

Using the Ice golem for a minor buff to crit chance btw.

So am I, but I'm not entirely satisfied with it right now. He seems really squishy, and dies super, super fast on ground dots (burning ground in particular, thanks possibly to the large number of mobs that create it and the map mod). I often find myself running around without a golem at all, since he keeps dying and the high casting cost means I have to sit around for some ES to recharge to recast it.

"
boondoxsaints wrote:

Are there any option now for CwDT after 2.0?

Golems are listed as spells, so you might be able to link in a golem to one. That could get around some of the apparent squishiness problems.

Phase run is a spell and to my knowledge works with CWDT. You might not see a lot of benefit since the buff changes as soon as you use any other skill. There's a cooldown on it, too, and you need frenzy charges to make it run through the entire cooldown. And generating frenzy charges is its own problem: the blood dance isn't a particularly great choice of boot for us, blood rage is nerfed and gives us few benefits (the attack speed may be an active problem due to the CoC cooldown effect), and there's a green gem that gives a 40% chance for a frenzy charge on killing a frozen target but that means you need a spare green gem slot and relatively frequent freezes (the gem gives you a decent freeze chance, at least, but provides no cold damage).

Tempest Shield works with CWDT, but if you're using saffel's you won't get much out of it (especially so with acrobatics). I'm considering using Phoenix+Purity of Ice+Purity of Lightning, instead.

Warlord's mark still serves the original purpose, and may be useful for maintaining mana while you lack an on-hit jewel.

Discharge still functions just fine.

I'm still running IC+Increased duration, though I don't know if it's optimal. If I had a Voll's devotion it would be better, since then you could generate endurance charges fairly regularly. All in all it feels like the desire for a devotion has gone up in 2.0. It'll power up a discharge+flame surge combo against bosses, and as long as you're using discharge/cold snap or other power charge consumer more regularly you'll easily generate the endurance charges for IC (or just general defense). In 1.3 I was just fine doing Atziri and high level maps without it, but I'm starting to feel like I need to figure out how to amass the currency for a devotion to get a similar level of comfort.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jul 13, 2015, 8:43:40 AM
Can you update it for witch i'm playing your build for so long on my witch but need updated skill tree and gems for 2.0
"
fogracvxy wrote:
Can you update it for witch i'm playing your build for so long on my witch but need updated skill tree and gems for 2.0

The tree is pretty much the same as before. You could do this, for example http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAecEBwVCBx4IsQj0DdEOSA5cD6sRlhRNFr8YkRmKGo8gbiSLJpUqCypNLJwtHy2oNZI2PTboOlg64T8nP_xBlkSrRX5JUUrIS1dMs03jUDBRTFVLVa5VxlivXfJfsGHiYqxjQ2pDavprF2yMbWxuqm87b55wUnDVdwd4DXloe8N9W3_GghCCHoMJg9uExYcTidOKr4wLjDaPppARlSCVLpu1nKSdqp_LoqOmV6cwqW6sR66zsZC1SLXyuXy8n7zqvoDAGsBUwOPB88M6ykrQH9D12L3bC9te37DoZuyw7-vw1fGz8kXz6vba-wn8S_4K_o8=
Hard to say if it's optimal right now, but it should be good. You'd do basically the exact same tree with scion, except you don't have to go through the evasion wheel.

Gems I'm still working on, but the same setup before is mostly fine. Enduring cry no longer works with CWDT, making IC harder to have up for a long time, especially since it has a much longer cooldown now. If you've got a Voll's devotion you should be in pretty good shape: you can use discharge or cold snap in your CoC links to generate endurance charges.

For jewels you will want conqueror's efficiency, a +es on hit cobalt jewel, and then whatever you've got floating around for now.

In other news, I've tried some of the higher level maps and some of the new maps. I'm having trouble leveling because I'm not being particularly careful and so keep dying, and also I still lack a +es on hit gem (they're going for at least 1 ex right now, it seems). If you avoid the dying the xp is better now.

I was just running a level 78 springs map with the vulnerability curse mod, and every time I got hit for physical (I'm using acrobatics and evasion, but am thinking eschewing that for something more like the tree I linked is better) it was doing 2/3 of my nearly 4k hp every time, and the boss was very nearly one-shotting me each hit.

The desert map boss is pretty ridiculous. Very high hp and defense, and he uses split arrow+mirror arrow+blink arrow which means you could end up doing meaningless damage while getting constantly pelted. The only benefit to all of his clones is if they cluster together, because then you can get leech from several targets. They otherwise spawn with the same defenses and current hp that the real one has, and persist for a good 20+ seconds, so once he starts spawning you have a 50/50 shot at hitting the right one (the two copies will have a black circular graphic under them just after the skill is used).

Quarry boss is a chaos rain spammer. Looked like one of the giant bug birthers, but I didn't stick around to deal with it.

The pit boss wasn't so bad. Boss is a cyclone exile type and there's a regular stream of mobs. So there's lots of leech targets. Fought a twinned boss there and had no issues.

Basically I'm thinking that for now I'm going to ignore most bosses in higher level maps.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jul 13, 2015, 12:17:24 PM
Hey, people.
One question from novice: can you explain me benefits of using EK?
can you make a new video with all the changes in 2.0 ? (that video at the top of the OP its still in 1.3)

also why do you take spell critical strike chance nodes in the tree ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info