[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

Well, but there is second accuracy check when you deal crit. So you lose about 1/3 of all you critstrikes. It seems to be bad.
Lv86 in warbands, Running tabula+rats nest.

Barrage-coc-cold snap-EK-arc-pcoc for maps

swap arc for glacial cascade for atziri.

Just absolutely facerolled apex, not even using RF.
2.0 ain't no melee patch.

found these gloves rly useful if you cant sustain RF - use blood rage and get 65% extra spell damage (35 elemental + 30 spell ), but not sure about aura setup...

Spoiler

atm HoI/purity of ice / purity of fire just cuz lack of resistances
"
Horhen wrote:
Well, but there is second accuracy check when you deal crit. So you lose about 1/3 of all you critstrikes. It seems to be bad.

It's not that big of a gain. 82% instead of 90% is a 17% drop (from the 90% rate) in hit+confirmed crits percentage. And the listed accuracy rate is versus generic monsters of your own level. You will typically be fighting mobs much lower than that, and the diminishing returns on accuracy and evasion means it's progressively more difficult to improve your effective accuracy (or for mobs to reduce your effective accuracy just by being evadey). It's good to have, certainly. But it's not been worth busting my hump for at the expense of other things. If I were to craft up a good wand with a high +accuracy I'd certainly use it, but it takes a lot more effort and currency to get "a good wand with high +accuracy" than just "a good wand". I'll probably look around soon for a good diamond ring with +accuracy (my current one has +evasion, which is useless with unwavering stance and no iron reflexes), but it's not my highest priority.

EDIT: And I decided to splurge anyway and spent a few ex to get a ring with t1 accuracy. That's mid to high 80% versus level 87 easily (88% with second cluster by unwavering stance). And, as I said, there's always the accuracy cluster by acrobatics if you really need it or are beyond 90.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jul 18, 2015, 3:50:01 PM
How are you guys dealing with life leech? Even with a life leech gem, it feels pointless trying to get my life back.
Warband: IGN: Benko
"
Yuufe wrote:
How are you guys dealing with life leech? Even with a life leech gem, it feels pointless trying to get my life back.

The gem is working just fine for me. Combine that with the 2 life flasks I've always carried around and I'm in fine shape. I do have to portal away from bosses every now and then, as seething flasks aren't surgeon's, though as I get used to prepping VMS and RF before some of these map bosses it's not much of an issue. Some of them die really fast; namely the ones that generate lots of hits and so cause lots of VMS procs.
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
Yuufe wrote:

The gem is working just fine for me. Combine that with the 2 life flasks I've always carried around and I'm in fine shape. I do have to portal away from bosses every now and then, as seething flasks aren't surgeon's, though as I get used to prepping VMS and RF before some of these map bosses it's not much of an issue. Some of them die really fast; namely the ones that generate lots of hits and so cause lots of VMS procs.

Hmm. I guess it's just not the same before the change and I'm not used to it. I'll give it another shot.
Warband: IGN: Benko
"
ptica wrote:

found these gloves rly useful if you cant sustain RF - use blood rage and get 65% extra spell damage (35 elemental + 30 spell )

I do like the potential on those gloves. They're easier to color the way we want them than virtuosity. It lacks the crit multiplier and crit chance, though. Still, definitely seems like a good option at this stage.
"
Yuufe wrote:
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
Yuufe wrote:

Hmm. I guess it's just not the same before the change and I'm not used to it. I'll give it another shot.

Try to develop a habit of using your surgeon's life flask on a regular basis. It's charging up extra uses even faster than your resist and granite flasks, so you can use it at least as frequently. I hit my surgeon's flask almost any time I see my HP go down, and hit my seething if it seems to have gone down "too far". Using spells that will hit multiple targets will also help increase its efficacy, such as freezing pulse and arc. Freezing pulse with GMP is basically a cone of damage that will let you leech a bunch of life if it's passing through a pack.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jul 18, 2015, 5:39:14 PM
"
exodus820 wrote:
Lv86 in warbands, Running tabula+rats nest.

Barrage-coc-cold snap-EK-arc-pcoc for maps

swap arc for glacial cascade for atziri.

Just absolutely facerolled apex, not even using RF.

Mind posting gear and tree please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info