1.2.3 Patch Notes

"
ZodiacSea5489 wrote:
This is my first and last post
I've had enough, I am pulling the pin today
I play solo / self found with no trading. The challenge, and the fun, has been to create builds based on items and gems I find. Its really exciting when a good item drops!
I have amassed 1200 hrs on steam, casual yes, but 2-4 hrs a day is not an insignificant committment of my time. In all that time, I rarely get a character to endgame maps, and have only had ONE exalt drop. Ever.
In the past, I loved the strongboxes, I didnt mind being locked out of Atziri, and the masters gave me hope that I could work up to crafting something viable. I've almost got 2 of them to level 6, all by myself. Cant see I'll ever afford two exalts for one mod though....
You know what's finally done it? Elitism. Every step, this game says that unless you do nothing else but play all day - grind and grind and trade and shaft other players - you'll get nowhere. Its just no longer fun. Trying builds is no longer fun, the goalposts keep moving away too frequently or rely on unobtainable items. Crafting is now out of reach. Whats the point?
So, I'm done. 1200 hrs and a couple hunded bucks in MTX, has been good value for the fun I had, but theres no point investing more time. GGG is great, I read the forums, they are by far the most responsive gaming company and the game was enjoyable. Its just we've gone in different directions over the last year, and this aint gonna work...it could, but they dont want me. And I'm sad.

+1 exactly the same. Self-found / dual party (my brother and I) here too

we had one more goal..another motivation for play the game: leveling a master to 8 (elreon)...but ggg send this to the trash.
Melee 2 Hander Since nemesis.

Melee forever!
And the whining goes on...
Everytime it's the same... So sad

The thing is when i First read that elreon has a multimod thing i instantly thought: ok game is fucked...
Now i know for a fact that it is the Community which is fucked...

Anyway they should have removed the Multimod entirely!!!
"
cream69 wrote:

The thing is when i First read that elreon has a multimod thing i instantly thought: ok game is fucked...
Now i know for a fact that it is the Community which is fucked...

Anyway they should have removed the Multimod entirely!!!

I have to laugh at this sentiment. It seems to be fine for the rich to get richer and more luckier while the rest of the plebs get to grind their rears off for pittance. If your are going to nerf something, make it affect all players not just the newcomers.
"
cream69 wrote:

What is sad is that GGG is now worse at listening to player feedback than Activision's flavor of Blizzard. They used to actually consider feedback, but they seem to have lost touch entirely. It's like they are trapped inside the Sceptre of God. There were 50 pages of negative feedback about the "beacons" that are added to Haku missions now, because the game engine is not up to stuff like this. The result? Zero comments, none whatsoever, and the beacons go in.

If you wonder why people whine and become increasingly resentful, you don't have to look very far. It's self-inflicted. Things used to be very different around here.
Last edited by Mivo on Sep 26, 2014, 12:15:38 AM
Not sure if Chris knows what kind of a decision this is. I've supported this game as much as I possibly could. I took the money I was going to spend on Destiny, Borderlands Pre-Sequel, and Shadow Mordor to apply it to support GGG in "the good fight". The fight I'm mentioning is a fun to play solo/multiplayer ARPG without pay to win tactics.

With all that being said, I've recently got a full time job that greatly diminished the amount of time I can play per day. Before this job I could play for 6 - 10 hours a day easy and I've never seen anything worth more than a few exalted drop for me. My time is now limited to 2 - 4 hours in the evening if I'm lucky (and that's if I'm not spending time with my fiance). So currency is a huge luxury for me....

Considering my time constraints, I figured I would create a magic find build to help fuel currency. It didn't work out at all. I ran over 50 lvl 78 maps without culling a single valuable item for myself. But there was something I realized: Magic find builds aren't all that necessary anymore. With the new Forsaken Masters update, you can simply craft those gaps you're missing (rather than taking longer to find it, or buy it, or yolo craft it). So I started a pure dps solo build.

With all my might, I pushed ahead and made myself and decent build that varies quite a bit from the build of the week se03w03 (the chin sol three dragons). I wanted to go for a crit pack clearing version of this, so it required me to obtain a high physical, high crit, 5l bow. This wasn't easy. I never found anything close to what I needed, so I bought it. It costed me 4 EX (All I had was currency equiv and some quality gems to trade) to buy a bow that someone had put 3 crafting mods on it. I realized that Elreon could make me an even better bow if I level him to 8. So I started my next solo-player goal.

I've been at it every night ever since I started my new job (I've even taken a quick peeks at the POE website to see the item on sale and who's currently streaming). I have great fun playing this game, but with this new currency change to Elreon... I think I'm going to have a really really really hard time crafting my own bow. I might as well buy it myself at that point.

To wrap things up, I'd like to let everyone know at GGG my thoughts on this update:
- My solo casual gameplay style will no longer suffice any build I've ever seen.
- Currency will never accumulate at a rate for me to buy anything
- Crafting any good item is too far out of reach now
- Any build I thought I was going to do is now a death of a dream

It's safe to say that Chris and GGG are wanting to make their game harder. I like challenges, but not the ones that eat 100% of my not working time to achieve them.

From this point forward, I won't support your game any further. Not a single dime will be spent. I will spend my time and money elsewhere (perhaps somewhere I can casually play and achieve goals in a reasonable time).

Regards,
Kaelub

_____________________________________________________________________________________

TL;DR I quit. Fuck you GGG for ruining the thing I loved and spent my time and effort on.
Thanks god for increasing the price to 2ex!
But changing the rarity of the high flat roll is a huge nerf to crafting :/
I can understand that it has to be done, as Harbinger Bow are to powerful, but for Wands/Daggers Flaring was already damn rare... now the cost until hit a good regal are increased by a huge amount

Et+Reg seems te be "dead"

Thanks god I finished my gg wand yesterday ^^
At last those arrows will dissapear
"
Kaelub wrote:
From this point forward, I won't support your game any further. Not a single dime will be spent. I will spend my time and money elsewhere (perhaps somewhere I can casually play and achieve goals in a reasonable time).

I say this every time after I realize that Chris successfully sold me something that isn't quite what was advertised, and that I once more fell for the PR hype that he's good at creating. Luckily, I didn't upgrade to the Master supporter pack (I almost did during the 24h sale), because I wanted to wait and see how they handle the crafting/masters issues. Not only did they "address" the issues in the most undesirable way, they also nerfed the flat physical mod chance (completely unrelated to masters, but nevertheless because of them), slapping self-found players in the face not just once, but twice.

I regret that I even spent the ~$100, but at least it was less than I would have spent if GGG returned to listening to the community as they once did, instead of just walking over everyone's concerns. Some comfort in that.
"
Qarl wrote:
We are expecting to deploy this patch on Monday (NZ Time).
[li]The rarity of higher tiers of the flat Physical Damage weapon mods have been adjusted.[/li]
[li]The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs.[/li]

I strongly disagree with the changes made to Elreon crafting during the course of a temporary league. Because of the initially low cost of Elreon crafting, early adopters of the new age style of meta crafting significantly benefited; the rich surely were expecting and impending change (as we all were) and likely crafted a ton of strong weapons in advance of the change, and now they will be able to profit; late adopters and slower players are left in the dust and will now be forced to overpay. This is extremely unfair and a poor decision. Moreover, the game needs a chaos sink more than anything right now, and if they were going to change the currency I would have preferred that it be to chaos orbs.
Supporter since closed beta
"
Kaelub wrote:
To wrap things up, I'd like to let everyone know at GGG my thoughts on this update:
- My solo casual gameplay style will no longer suffice any build I've ever seen.
- Currency will never accumulate at a rate for me to buy anything
- Crafting any good item is too far out of reach now
- Any build I thought I was going to do is now a death of a dream

People are putting WAY too much stock in the Elreon crafting mod.

120% IIR, spamming maps for a few days, and 2 chaos at Tora for the hybrid phys/accuracy:

383 pdps bow.

I'm sorry but anyone arguing that end-game items are out of your reach simply because 1 divine became 2ex, you just aren't paying attention to the fact that FM handed you end-game items on a silver platter. Maybe not "perfect" GG gear but FFS, it's SO much easier now, and for CHEAP.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info