1.2.3 Patch Notes

"
Serleth wrote:
"
Kaelub wrote:
To wrap things up, I'd like to let everyone know at GGG my thoughts on this update:
- My solo casual gameplay style will no longer suffice any build I've ever seen.
- Currency will never accumulate at a rate for me to buy anything
- Crafting any good item is too far out of reach now
- Any build I thought I was going to do is now a death of a dream

People are putting WAY too much stock in the Elreon crafting mod.

120% IIR, spamming maps for a few days, and 2 chaos at Tora for the hybrid phys/accuracy:

383 pdps bow.

I'm sorry but anyone arguing that end-game items are out of your reach simply because 1 divine became 2ex, you just aren't paying attention to the fact that FM handed you end-game items on a silver platter. Maybe not "perfect" GG gear but FFS, it's SO much easier now, and for CHEAP.

You missed the point. It was never in reach until the forsaken masters allowed a casual player like myself to craft something that went toe to toe with a low-life / shavs / mjolnir / coe / binos / etc.
I won't spend 8 hours a day again just to get something "slightly" better. Finding a bow like what you got will take me the entire league time. Useless imo.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Kaelub wrote:
To wrap things up, I'd like to let everyone know at GGG my thoughts on this update:
- My solo casual gameplay style will no longer suffice any build I've ever seen.
- Currency will never accumulate at a rate for me to buy anything
- Crafting any good item is too far out of reach now
- Any build I thought I was going to do is now a death of a dream

People are putting WAY too much stock in the Elreon crafting mod.

120% IIR, spamming maps for a few days, and 2 chaos at Tora for the hybrid phys/accuracy:

383 pdps bow.

I'm sorry but anyone arguing that end-game items are out of your reach simply because 1 divine became 2ex, you just aren't paying attention to the fact that FM handed you end-game items on a silver platter. Maybe not "perfect" GG gear but FFS, it's SO much easier now, and for CHEAP.

Useless comment. Exactly the type of comment to be expected from somebody who defends this.

"a few days". There is no way in hell anybody gets that bow reliably in "a few days". Even if you are translating "a few days" into 48 hours, that's more like 10-14 days for most players.

"a few days". whatever.
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
"Solo players will notice a substantial boost to drops from these Strongboxes, while parties will no longer receive too many maps."

Perfect, so the incentive for getting a party together to hunt end-game maps will be even higher!!!

....not

The amount of prejudice against party players' is ridiculous in this thread, absolutely disgusting.

No, but the balancing is real. Carto boxes, as you can clearly see in the notes, were clearly punishing solo players. This change is not prejudicial to party players, but correcting a prejudice toward solo players.

So if something is punishing solo players, the party players' must be punished as well? That doesn't make sense.

It is not a balance issue, it's a ninja nerf that was sugar coated by Qarl to spread light on the "issues". (note parenthesis)

Read here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55194
I quote:
"
Like the rest of the game, having multiple players in an area increases the drop rate of items and the experience that monsters yield (while making them more challenging). Under the new system, there is an exception: the drop rate of the Map items themselves is not increased by the additional players (all other items drops in the area are still increased, of course). A Map has the same chance of yielding other Maps regardless of how many players are in it. This is because a single Map item can be used by a whole party, unlike other items that can only be used by one player. The item quantity bonus that a Map has (due to its Mods) will affect the drop rate of Map items within that Map.

A cartobox was breaking the above rule (or exception if you want): it was affected by the number of players in the team.

So this patch simply balances and corrects this situation.

qed
"
Kaelub wrote:
You missed the point. It was never in reach until the forsaken masters allowed a casual player like myself to craft something that went toe to toe with a low-life / shavs / mjolnir / coe / binos / etc.
I won't spend 8 hours a day again just to get something "slightly" better. Finding a bow like what you got will take me the entire league time. Useless imo.

... you literally just basically said "Thanks GGG for giving me exactly what I want, I can compete now. But it's not good enough, so bye."

I didn't miss any point.

To reiterate:

1) It still is VERY much in reach with Forsaken Masters for you to compete with purchase-able gear on the market. To whit: I've found 4ex this league and 0 divines. Technically, I wouldn't be able to afford the multiple mod until Monday if I was purely self-found. If anything, the adjustment to 2ex is technically as easy, if not easier, to achieve on the basis of divine vs exalt drop rate. (To note: this is based on my, and statistically the majority of players', average experience of finding roughly 3ex for every 1-1.5 divines I drop).

To add:

2) If you're trying to compete as a self-found player vs the Top Tier Uniques that you've mentioned above, your goals are far higher than the constraints that you are putting yourself in, and anything GGG is changing regarding the Elreon mod will do exactly nothing to fix that.
3) For 4 chaos or less, you can now MUCH more readily compete not only damage-wise but defensively with players who are not self-found, as iterated by the bow I linked. An extreme example? Maybe, but I could link plenty of others I crafted up above 300 pdps without the Elreon mod simply by stacking MF up to 120, and farming hard, paying attention to my drops, and using 2 chaos at a sharpening wheel.

In the end, you're essentially quitting the game because FM actually made self-found not only legitimate, but outright viable, and somehow it's not enough simply because 1 divine became 2ex.

You're quitting because GGG listened, and it's just not good enough.

You're quitting because a mod that was overpowered at 1 divine is now actually reasonably priced at 2ex.

You should NOT be able to craft a 10ex weapon for 1 divine and a couple chaos.

And just for the record, while it wasn't intentional, all my gear on my main farming character (both proper mapping gear AND mf gear) actually is self-found with the exception of Carcass Jack, and I can outright smoke 78 maps.

But I guess nothing will change the fact that nothing is ever good enough.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 26, 2014, 1:15:25 AM
"
jaredh wrote:
"a few days". whatever.

Go away, "a few days" in actual playtime. Read: 48-72 hours actually /played. Spread that over the course of 5 days or 2 months, doesn't matter, actual /played is the same.

The bow may have been an extreme example, but the point is the same as well. You can easily compete now with FM, even without the multiple crafted mods affix. I've crafted numerous items into the 250+ pdps range with a couple chaos @ benches, just off rares that drop with open affixes.

Also @mobutu, thank you for posting that above.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 26, 2014, 1:12:42 AM
"
Ggiant85 wrote:
So, Here's the biggest problem with this patch. You released the patch notes 4 days in advance. Now there are people swarming trade to rip people off on divines and master craft so many bows and other items that you have screwed the economy worse than ever. GG, GGG.

agree, wrong decision from the developers.
"
Sayyid wrote:
I don't want the game to be "easy." And the "of Crafting" mod explicitly does not allow that.

Are you kidding? that mod does exactly that, it makes the game easier.
"
mobutu wrote:
"
Sayyid wrote:
I don't want the game to be "easy." And the "of Crafting" mod explicitly does not allow that.

Are you kidding? that mod does exactly that, it makes the game easier.

Ugh. Yep.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 26, 2014, 1:27:01 AM
Meh, still nothing on some spell damage mods from masters?
"
cream69 wrote:
The thing is when i First read that elreon has a multimod thing i instantly thought: ok game is fucked...

Anyway they should have removed the Multimod entirely!!!

Yes, I totally agree, that multimod thing was a mistake from the begining, it shouldn't have been in the game.
But what can you expect from a developer that gave us failures called kalandra and eternal orbs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info