1.2.3 Patch Notes

"
Beholdd wrote:
Please make eleron master craft 60 chaos, not 2 ex. It would add some much needed stabilization to the current economy.

Too logical.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
2 ex? What the fuck is wrong with you?
"
2i0 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"Balance". I think GGG needs to look this one up over the weekend.

What I mean by this is that you're still using the extreme players to justify your changes without regard for the majority of player who are just playing your game. You changes here are in response not to make your game better, but to change the behavior of the game for a small subset of your player exploiting some flaw. That's not balance at all.

+1

So much fucking THIS!!!!..........
The solution to Elreon is to limit the number of times a player can use his mod.

5 seems pretty good....once your options are gone, you down-rank to level 1 and have to re-level him to get 5 more.
Last edited by jaredh on Sep 25, 2014, 11:37:37 PM
"
jaredh wrote:
The solution to Elreon is to limit the number of times a player can use his mod.

5 seems pretty good....once your options are gone, you down-rank to level 1 and have to re-level him to get 5 more.

Wow, what an absolutely awful idea
"
jaredh wrote:

That's even a worst option my god my as well gouge my self in the eye.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 25, 2014, 11:38:37 PM
"
Sayyid wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You don't know us. You don't speak for us.

Well put. Speaking as one who played a lot of self-found, right up until GGG made it impossible (at which point I quit for a few months...) to do that, one divine is way, way cheaper than two ex for a self-found.

I don't have to know self-found to know that the adjustment to 2ex REGARDLESS of drop-rates is much more in line with how powerful the mod is. To go back to a point I made earlier to a previous post: a 300-400 or whatever pdps weapon is now craftable to the tune of about 4ex, as of monday (about 2ex in alts/augs/regals + 2x elreon mod).

Considering that the market price for a weapon around 300pdps is roughly 4ex, or more (depending on the base type), I really don't care much for self-found vs not because at the end of the day the point is the same, which seems to be consistently missed in this thread:

The adjusted price actually more accurately values the power of the mod itself.

And besides that, if you want to get all up in my face about how I don't "know you", trust me, I do, I used to play self-found and then I realized it was ridiculous within the previous confines of the game. With FM, it isn't anymore.

And I can also tell you this: I've found 4ex this league compared to exactly 0 divines.

Looks like I wouldn't have been able to afford the multiple mod until Monday, anyway.

If you want to constrain yourself to a certain playstyle, that's fine, but you have your solution handed to you on a silver platter and it's well within the realm of being accurately valued. The absolute most I think that's acceptable to be upset about is that the cost of the mod is priced in exalt, instead of chaos. Make it 60-80 chaos.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 25, 2014, 11:46:30 PM
This is my first and last post
I've had enough, I am pulling the pin today
I play solo / self found with no trading. The challenge, and the fun, has been to create builds based on items and gems I find. Its really exciting when a good item drops!
I have amassed 1200 hrs on steam, casual yes, but 2-4 hrs a day is not an insignificant committment of my time. In all that time, I rarely get a character to endgame maps, and have only had ONE exalt drop. Ever.
In the past, I loved the strongboxes, I didnt mind being locked out of Atziri, and the masters gave me hope that I could work up to crafting something viable. I've almost got 2 of them to level 6, all by myself. Cant see I'll ever afford two exalts for one mod though....
You know what's finally done it? Elitism. Every step, this game says that unless you do nothing else but play all day - grind and grind and trade and shaft other players - you'll get nowhere. Its just no longer fun. Trying builds is no longer fun, the goalposts keep moving away too frequently or rely on unobtainable items. Crafting is now out of reach. Whats the point?
So, I'm done. 1200 hrs and a couple hunded bucks in MTX, has been good value for the fun I had, but theres no point investing more time. GGG is great, I read the forums, they are by far the most responsive gaming company and the game was enjoyable. Its just we've gone in different directions over the last year, and this aint gonna work...it could, but they dont want me. And I'm sad.
Gonna be kicking Vorici out of my hideout asap now. No point in doing his stupid hassle of a mission after this.

Probably just burn all my crafting mats and see if I get anything cool, still only using a 4-link after all but I'm pretty much done with this league.
Nice job as usual GGG. I do not understand why people complain about divine cost to become 2ex, crafting a high dps weapon should not be that easy in the first place or in the long run there would be lots of higher dps weapons around, which would affect the game badly. Also nothing is going to happen to the ex: chaos ratio just because of the change, only divine prices can become a bit lower. That kind of things can has an impact on the economy just a few days, old players know what I mean. Do not expect everything to be easy so quick for everyone, this is a MMORPG game and it means you get as much as you give, so simply continue to play and you will reach where you want to be. Everyone who is powerful in the game gave so much from their real life to the game to reach their goals. If you want things to be happen so quick then just go and play dumb facebook games or better play mario so that you can wear demigod's presence so easy just with picking shrooms :) There is always a good reason in the GGG updates so just trust them and continue to enjoy the game.
There are two kind of games, POE and others. Respect!!! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info