1.2.3 Patch Notes

I'm a solo, self found, couple of hours a day, maybe, player who likes maps and killing monsters. My characters are all in the 60s. In rampage I've found 2 chaos orbs and nothing better. An economy driven game that favors rich players over game play goes against my play to have fun mentality.

I'd like to see a new league where I could expect to play end game content within a 1000 hours of play time, craft great gear, as well as, find fun uniques. Partying with friends and swapping gear would be nice too, but I wouldn't do it very often. Such a league could have its own drop rates and crafting costs that are more suited to those who play casually and it would be totally separate from standard and short leagues so it wouldn't impact their economies. Don't allow gear from the economy driven leagues to transition into self found.

I'd be curious what portion of your player base would choose to play in such a league. How about a poll?

"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
lol page 50+
wonder if this will ever get read...

since volatile blood is being removed from tora.... perhaps GGG can PLEASE do us a favour by making any mobs that have an effect on death be more visibile?

as a melee user this catches me off guard almost always. reflect auras have spikey thingys, why not explode on death?

earlier i had to worry about reflect, then i had to worry about corrupt blood. now explode on death is the scariest shit ever (as a melee character).

i really hate it when i do the skelegirl's quest reviving corrupted monsters. melee them. kill them, then BOOM.
i die due to their on death effects. my most glorious moment was when i forgot on death effects are now a thing in poe. pulled 9 corrupted thingies, killed all of them at once. 1 dead exile appeared later...
[Removed by Support]
Erermauhmm

what about my 300,000 favor or whatever

I have a level 7+ zana, and 0 favor, and no items.

Instead, i have 9 blank decoration tabs, which were created I think every time I bought something from Zana. (in 2 transactions)

You know, GGG suggested "Try buying something else" Yeah, thanks. Didn't work, now broke.

TOTALLY BUGGED, MAN. Please fix
I will rip the eyes from your head with glee
"
StrangeObject wrote:
Erermauhmm

what about my 300,000 favor or whatever

I have a level 7+ zana, and 0 favor, and no items.

Instead, i have 9 blank decoration tabs, which were created I think every time I bought something from Zana. (in 2 transactions)

You know, GGG suggested "Try buying something else" Yeah, thanks. Didn't work, now broke.

TOTALLY BUGGED, MAN. Please fix

Don't hold your breath for an answer on this one. It's a known bug that's been going on for damned near a month and they've said very little about the bug other than "It's fixed as of 1.2.3." Now they're ignoring all forum posts regarding any possible refund due to this flagrant oversight in testing on their ends.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
"
MajorThor wrote:
Now they're ignoring all forum posts regarding any possible refund due to this flagrant oversight in testing on their ends.

That, and all forum posts regarding that boo schitt 'balance' with multimod being 2ex.
^^
lol
"
greenbully wrote:
"
IceMatrix wrote:
The patch seems fine. I can't believe how many people love to complain so much.
The Elreon changes were necessary or the game was way unbalanced with elite items becoming common. So what if you have to grind more currency or not, what do you want this to be CandyLand?
It's a gear grind game. That's the point. If you made it easy for casual players to get elite items, then they wouldn't be elite.
The easiest thing to do if you don't like patch notes, is pretend that the patch was always in place. Yeah...did some people get an advantage by playing an earlier version of the game? Sure. It's just like legacy items. Big deal. Cry a little more.

Another example of another player that has NO clue what they are talking about. It has nothing to do with grind, its to do with artificial inflation of exalted orbs and things that cost 1ex+. Its okay to have an opinion but you are just plain ignorant.

Another example of another player that can't comprehend common sense, then feels the need to criticize what he didn't understand correctly even though it was written in plain English.

You obviously do not understand what I'm even addressing, cause I didn't say that it did or did not have anything to do with artificial inflation of Exalted Orbs. I don't have any claim to your theory either for or against.

I'm talking about players specifically saying now they have to "grind more currency" in this thread. I am responding to THEIR messages complaining about having to grind Exalts. I NEVER SAID they were right or not, I'm saying it DOESN'T MATTER. My point is not that they have to grind more...my point is that whether they have to grind more or not, they need to stop whining about a great game.
I know that the changes were implemented for balancing purposes, whether that be economy or gear(just a different economy). But the people complaining about having to grind more, DON'T understand that. So I'm not explaining it to them, because I'm meeting them on the level of, "are my complaints worth voicing?". My point is, NO THEY ARE NOT.

My point is that the game is made by GGG which stands for...drum roll please...GRINDING GEAR GAMES. Think about it.

My point is that, the purpose of this game is NOT to let every single player who plays get to play with elite items. A lot of the players seem to think that was the purpose of the last patch when it WAS NOT. So when they were able to make these fairly just under top tier items relatively abundant it completely messed with the economy of the game and the relative access to near dominant items. It yes, may also have affected artificial inflation of exalted orbs, but both aspects are things they would want to correct, not just the second one. If you feel every moderate play time player getting to access just under top tier gear was not something they were considering when they made this change, then please prove it [removed by support]
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Oct 1, 2014, 11:16:11 PM
"
IceMatrix wrote:

The reason the majority of players are upset is not because of the price of the mod, but, for example, a 5l 300 dps harbinger went from 2ex to 5-7ex overnight, because an exalted went from 42 chaos to 50 or more by Monday. That is the inflation being referred to.

There is a limit to how much an economy can take before it breaks and people just start to walk away from it, that limit was hit with this patch.
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
Maybe its just me, but I wish GGG would leave major balance tweaks alone over the course of the three month leagues. There will always be flavor of the week cookie cutters and borderline exploits in games with this level of mechanical complexity. I appreciate that they analyze that and respond. But it gets to a point where I don't want to level builds or try techniques because I have no idea if what I'm attempting will even be possible in a week and a half.
This!

And not just leagues. I have several >level 80 characters that I simply haven't bothered to re-spec as it's heartbreaking to get a character just so - after hours and hours of analysis - only to get SFA playing time with said character as it's nerfed within a few days.

This game has become a Groundhog Day of researching, calculating, comparing interactions between items then building the character and levelling the skill gems only to have it nerfed to the point of unplayability at the next patch. Ad infinitum, rinse and repeat.

tl;dr I'm sick of spending weeks building a toon / levelling gems only to get it nerfed as soon as it comes good.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info