1.2.3 Patch Notes

"

You should NOT be able to craft a 10ex weapon for 1 divine and a couple chaos.

What makes it "10ex"? Supply and demand? Running around with inadequate gear is something you're obviously not used to. Just because a weapon is priced at 10ex doesn't mean it will be sold for as much. In addition to this, a weapon should be able to be crafted after much time and effort was invested, but I don't see this being reflected with your "10 ex weapon".

Exalted don't even fucking do anything right now. Nobody uses the orbs for actual crafting. They use them for the very thing that GGG tried to avoid in the beginning: currency. If I needed a 300+dps bow and you needed a quality 20 melee splash, could we just do a trade? Of course not.

Ever wonder why the Forsaken Masters were put in? To address the thing you're talking about. Weapons shouldn't be 10ex. They should be developed over time. Just because you have great gear, doesn't mean you have to keep everyone else "under the line" so you can make profit.

[Post Edited by Support]
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Sep 26, 2014, 1:44:41 AM
"
Qarl wrote:
We are expecting to deploy this patch on Monday (NZ Time).
The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs.

The average cost of a divine @ the temp league atm is 6-9C while a chaos is 35C so you are changing the crafting cost from 9 to 70 + Exalts are already expensive as it is, their price will skyrocket with this change-Please make it at least 1 ex.
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality
Last edited by Silverdagger21 on Sep 26, 2014, 1:34:34 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
mobutu wrote:
"
Sayyid wrote:
I don't want the game to be "easy." And the "of Crafting" mod explicitly does not allow that.

Are you kidding? that mod does exactly that, it makes the game easier.

Ugh. Yep.

Is it more OP than poe.xyz? How come no one's crying to nerf that?
"
Qarl wrote:
We are expecting to deploy this patch on Monday (NZ Time).

Version 1.2.3

Balance:
  • The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs.

It's another reason why this game is not for solo/self-found players. GGG has totally lost its touch with reality. How do you expect us to find TWO exalts when finding one is so difficult? I'm very disappointed with this change. I thought Forsaken Masters was meant to reduce the RNG involved in crafting as well as to promote crafting which is one of POE's strengths. Divines were rare enough that they were not feasible to use it on every single item, but at least it was common enough to use it on items that really needed it. It made it possible for normal players to get something decent but not perfect. Most of the mods available on crafting bench are not top tier mods to prevent players from getting the best items and on top of that players have to do a lot of grinding to get Level 8 Masters. Weren't this a good enough compromise? Now you're even making it more difficult by increasing costs.

To those who think the change is fine, try finding two exalts from natural drops with no trading/botting/multi-boxing and tell me honestly me how many weeks/months it took you to find them.

Let's be honest, crafting before Forsaken Masters was heavily based on RNG and reserved only for the wealthiest of players. Given enough resources at your disposal, you still can craft the item you want but it wasn't exactly a flawless system. Forsaken Masters was meant to change that and make crafting easier and allow for a more smoother gear transition. However the way it's going, it's a classic case of taking one step forward and two steps back.

"
Kaelub wrote:
What makes it "10ex"?

Exalted don't even ***** do anything right now. Nobody uses the orbs for actual crafting. They use them for the very thing that GGG tried to avoid in the beginning: currency.

I'm going to not quote most of your reply for obvious reasons.

"10ex" wasn't literal, it's an expression of relative value. To make it explicitly clear, you should not be able to craft a Bino's-calibre weapon for 1 divine for the Elreon mod and a few chaos. GGG realized this, and adjusted the cost of the mod appropriately. Which is exactly in line with your last bit: They should be developed over time. Seems like it's a fair adjustment, even by the logic you've set out.

To address your second line: LOOKS LIKE THEY SOLVED THAT ISSUE because now the Elreon mod costs exalts. And before FM, exalts actually were used for proper crafting in conjunction with eternals, so either way you cut it.

"
Xenophobe wrote:
To those who think the change is fine, try finding two exalts from natural drops with no trading/botting/multi-boxing and tell me honestly me how many weeks/months it took you to find them.

TO THAT point, I'm neither here or there on it because I find exalts more than I find divines, from natural drops. And it's been that way for me since I started playing this game in Open Beta. What I would agree is more fair is making it exalt-equivalent cost. Read: 60-80 chaos instead of pure ex.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 26, 2014, 1:44:37 AM
"
Qarl wrote:

[li]The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs.[/li]

This is the first patch note item that I'm not happy with since the launch of open beta. Sad, sad, sadface!

Before this patch there was one problem: crafting near godly gear for 1 divine and the streamers came up with a good solution: change the mod to restrict the additional mods to 3.

Now we have 2 problems: still all mods can be crafted AND you inflated exa prices and made rich richer and removed end game item crafting for casuals ENTIRELY.

Seriously, pleeeeease reconsider.

1. Change the mod so an item can have up to 3 crafted mods (the mod itself taking up a slot)
2. Change to cost to either 60 Chaos or 30 Regals

Chaos and Regals can at least be effectively GRINDED ... isn't your company name GRINDING Gear Games?
### r4wb1rd ###
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/r4wb1rd
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/r4wb1rdGaming/
Babel PoE: https://github.com/rowolff/babel-poe/releases
Gating power with time (less frequent flat mods and 2ex craft) is not the way to address it, it doesn't work. Especially if made after the fact. All it does is provide another opportunity for top players to live off the new/more casual ones, while giving the last only more frustration.

I swear GGG is so bad at balacing things one would think they would hire someone who would help them after so so many mishaps.

"

Seriously, pleeeeease reconsider.

1. Change the mod so an item can have up to 3 crafted mods (the mod itself taking up a slot)
2. Change to cost to either 60 Chaos or 30 Regals

Chaos and Regals can at least be effectively GRINDED ... isn't your company name GRINDING Gear Games?

No, we will have to trade with RMT mules to have anything in this game, because ECONOMY.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Sep 26, 2014, 1:51:22 AM
1 step forward, 2 steps back. Just when the consensus was everyone having fun with the game
So much effort on adding new content, yet the game is getting worse with every patch. I'm no longer interested in this degradation.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
So guess I'm never seeing carto again (got one in maybe 2 weeks of playing), plus let's allow rich to get richer. I'm at 6,5 with elreon, but what's the point when I'm sitting at 0 exalts, and last one dropped ages ago.

'Here's crafting for you to boost solo self found, but you'll have to trade to be able to craft'.

Terrible patch notes. And could you not be so vague. What the fuck does 'The rarity of higher tiers of the flat Physical Damage weapon mods have been adjusted.' means? You probably made Flaring more rarer, right? Why not says so?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Sep 26, 2014, 1:58:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info