The weakest (and least used) gem in the game.

"
Ludvator wrote:
the key to sweep is using the slowest possible base weapon (karui maul, karui chopper) with local attack speed. Add some AoE to the mix (with good aps and AoE, even knokback statrs working well), and voila, not the best but definitly viable..

e: just to add, Sweep is the only melee skill that have 360% degree AoE coverage when standing still, which is great because you dont need to move to target enemies (like with reave or cleave or GS). 4aps and 10k dps within big radius can be achieved around lvl 80

Would like to see that. Tried so many times that i got two gems to 19 and still entire setup worked better the second i replaced sweep with leap slam (that also has 360' coverage) and doubles as mobility skill and has useful stun instead of pretty meh knockback.

And aoe is simply bad. It is too low to really benefit from inc aoe (values are rounded down and when you start from low value in the first place..)

Ice nova has similar issue (v low single target). But with 110% inc aoe it covers entire screen and deals this low dmg to 20 mobs at a time. Sweep cannot do that. Even PoTheCagedGod builds strugle reaching sensible aoe.

But im open to see it work. But not with hegemony sraff but lets say karui primacy level of gear.
Chance to flee useless? Noobs.

It is the best defensive support ever; Beyond blues run away from me scared as fuck, while i spam the Yellow poor guy who's nobody without his buddies. White trash mobs are like Little children at the first day of school, nobody knows what to do, they just run away from me... Useless, ahahahahahah! Try it with quality then come back to argue.

Yes you have to switch that defensive support against bosses; but well... in hc People does more boring things than that...
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
If we talk about just numbers, sweep has a pretty huge coverage, and base radius is actually decent, same as cleave. Hell, I've pushed cyclone to 30 units, sweep can go much further than that.

Ground slam - 961 units
Cleave - 628
Reave - 1060 (at max stacks)
Sweep - 1256
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 15, 2014, 5:52:54 AM
Are these units the same as ones used to describe point blank as 10 units etc? HOW on earth it is possible to push sweep (or anything) to over 100?

1200? Or 120.0? Or 120%?

Im really curious as with 2h axe +3 to weapon range (tree and amulet) 20/20 aoe gem and 30% from the tree and carcass the range was still meh. And ofc lrap slam worked better..

Im really really curious about mid-range gear sweep build. One that isnt immediatelly made better via sweep->leap slam or gslam
"
sidtherat wrote:
Im really really curious about mid-range gear sweep build. One that isnt immediatelly made better via sweep->leap slam or gslam

There is none. There will be if we ever get a weapon which has a base attack speed of 0,85 attacks per second. As long as your weapon is faster than sweep you're losing dps by using it. I've been saying for a long time it needs to do at least 100% base damage to compensate, but no.

Yes, those are the same units, and I was comparing coverage, you know, as 'area' in the true sense. If cleave has radius of 20 in a 180 degree half circle it's like this:
20 * 20 * pi * 0,5 = 628 units
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 15, 2014, 8:00:22 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
the key to sweep is using the slowest possible base weapon (karui maul, karui chopper) with local attack speed. Add some AoE to the mix (with good aps and AoE, even knokback statrs working well), and voila, not the best but definitly viable..

e: just to add, Sweep is the only melee skill that have 360% degree AoE coverage when standing still, which is great because you dont need to move to target enemies (like with reave or cleave or GS). 4aps and 10k dps within big radius can be achieved around lvl 80

Would like to see that. Tried so many times that i got two gems to 19 and still entire setup worked better the second i replaced sweep with leap slam (that also has 360' coverage) and doubles as mobility skill and has useful stun instead of pretty meh knockback.

And aoe is simply bad. It is too low to really benefit from inc aoe (values are rounded down and when you start from low value in the first place..)

Ice nova has similar issue (v low single target). But with 110% inc aoe it covers entire screen and deals this low dmg to 20 mobs at a time. Sweep cannot do that. Even PoTheCagedGod builds strugle reaching sensible aoe.

But im open to see it work. But not with hegemony sraff but lets say karui primacy level of gear.

Ive made one in Ambush (retired now since I dont play Std). But I didnt finish it because I was making many builds that had higher priorities. Stopped in low maps(at lvl 70), but the performance was very good (my budget for this build was 3ex). I just leaped into the middle of group and sweeped everything away..
this was my weapon

I will let you know in case I would make another
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Sep 15, 2014, 8:17:50 AM

I tried with this and it was very very underwhelming compared to gs or ls.. and i think it is the model 'sweep weapon'..
not bad, mine better in both damage and speed though;) (I also came to the conclusion that axes got more damage and speed from tree).. And gatting as many att spd as passible was very important.. I had 55% incerased AoE (31 radius), which made a huge difference

But dont wanna argue. As I said, it was viable and fun, but certainly not the most effective setup.. Also, "viable" is a relative term.. Im pretty sure my build would preform well at 70-74 maps (at lvl 80).. But some people call something "viable" at the moment it beats 78maps + atziri.. etc
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Sep 15, 2014, 8:55:12 AM
We have similar viability definition. Id be ok if it was ok by lvl74 maps. Sadly it had issues in catacombs already.

Paradox is as follows: it has a range that is tempting to increase via aoe but it is not enough to cover significant area (unlike ice nova). On the other hand using conc effect increases dmg but not enough to make it deal sensible single target dmg. And it ends as both bad aoe skill (due to not really good aoe but already weak dmg) and single target as conc effect does not turn it into killing machine

But oh well. Will try again..
well , how can you call something viable if there is stuff it clearly cant do?

That is like calling a building finished when it is missing all of it windows and some of its walls.

I would hope that a viable build would be able to do all the content in the game provided said build is built correctly and the proper gear is taken into account.

being able to do atziri and end game content is a game changer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info