The weakest (and least used) gem in the game.

"
A skill that I have never seen work well is Shock Nova.

20 quality shova nova has 30% shock chance and 60% increased shock duration. It's used as a support skill to shock. I used it with a firetrap burn build previously.

That was back in nemesis though. With the huge arc buff that is now a superior choice for prolif shocking.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 16, 2014, 1:54:38 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:

Use sloooow sceptre with high crit

Use crit for 1h weapons

Use mele phys+mele phys on full life+inc crit dmg+inc accuracy

Use herald of ash+ele prolif

Profit

(Works with daggers ofc but i hate these..)

The best part is that it.. works (if it hits)

If it hits... that's exactly the problem, or rather, one of them, this skill is so broken.
1: why doesnt the charge does any damage? doesnt need to do huge damage, just 50% base along with the knockback, I think this is necessary considering that we spend most of the time positioning ourselves and charging from afar with this skill
2. It misses a lot, the final hit should be AoE, hell it even does an animation that looks like it is AOE
3. Obstacles, need I say more?

I hope one day GGG fixes this skill, its just so bad, and dont even get me started on how much it desyncs.

"
Repeats wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
But if we are talking strictly pvm. Shield charge is as weak as punishment imo. By weak i mean never seen anyone use it.

I just saw a build guide for Shield Charge that was strictly pvm. Here is a guide link and a video:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1040672
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqET6QVUW2Y

A skill that I have never seen work well is Shock Nova. I always hit a wall after level 30 due to the eye of the storm. I tried searching for any build that uses it to no avail.

A bit low on life but I think that can be changed, that aside I like this build.

And yeah shock nova seems really bad, I mean from experience it has a way smaller AOE than what the animation shows, and that for me is the main problem. Dont know about how the DPS scales higher lvls though. (thinking about main skill use)
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Sep 16, 2014, 9:58:40 AM
"
Disrupted wrote:
2. It misses a lot, the final hit should be AoE, hell it even does an animation that looks like it is AOE

You know, that might not be bad, I can see it having a cone like ice arrow, maybe if they rename it to 'resonating charge' it could even make a modicum of sense (strictly in game terms, of course).

Unfortunately, just that wouldn't really fix it. Far from skill being totally useless, it's just that the options are so much better.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Repeats wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
But if we are talking strictly pvm. Shield charge is as weak as punishment imo. By weak i mean never seen anyone use it.

I just saw a build guide for Shield Charge that was strictly pvm. Here is a guide link and a video:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1040672
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqET6QVUW2Y

A skill that I have never seen work well is Shock Nova. I always hit a wall after level 30 due to the eye of the storm. I tried searching for any build that uses it to no avail.

Around half his shield charges don't hit at all, and I doubt that's due to any accuracy.

He's got a streak near the start where he's shield-charging 4 times before hitting...

Sure, someone is using it. But I'm absolutely certain that if you search the forums for Punishment you'll find a build and video as well. Doesn't mean the skill isn't in a horrid state...
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
raics wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

You know, that might not be bad, I can see it having a cone like ice arrow, maybe if they rename it to 'resonating charge' it could even make a modicum of sense (strictly in game terms, of course).

Unfortunately, just that wouldn't really fix it. Far from skill being totally useless, it's just that the options are so much better.

This skill is VERY close to being viable imo. Little aoe or making it resync on cast (so it hits stuff) and it is very good.

I already can burn entire packs with long charge + crit + h.o.ash. it really works.

But just bit of a desync and it is wasted slot.

I also like the idea of it dealing dmg on the go.

And will repeat: sweep is bad. Punishment is even worse..
"
sidtherat wrote:

And will repeat: sweep is bad. Punishment is even worse..

So the top 3 weakest skills would look something like:

1. Punishment
2. Sweep
3. Shield charge or chance to flee

Shock nova gets a honourable mention.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 16, 2014, 12:59:15 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
I already can burn entire packs with long charge + crit + h.o.ash. it really works.

You know, I've noticed a trend lately, maybe herald of ash is here precisely to make bruiser builds a decent choice (a great choice currently, it will be 'decent' once they nerf herald).

Last edited by raics on Sep 16, 2014, 12:55:50 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

You know, I've noticed a trend lately, maybe herald of ash is here precisely to make bruiser builds a decent choice (a great choice currently, it will be 'decent' once they nerf herald).

it is just that - it promotes slow builds. but sadly it also promotes 500% crit multiplier fast builds..

that is what happen when instead of fixing root cause (ASPD > all, crit >> all) one uses an bandaid (herald of ash)
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

it is just that - it promotes slow builds. but sadly it also promotes 500% crit multiplier fast builds..

that is what happen when instead of fixing root cause (ASPD > all, crit >> all) one uses an bandaid (herald of ash)

Sadly, yes, and I'm hardly a fan of bandaiding.

It's a good thing I've abandoned all hope they'll do anything properly. Even the masters turned out a MMO-ish grindfest. Daily quests? In PoE? Sheeesh...

Last edited by raics on Sep 16, 2014, 2:13:23 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:

Shield Charge is a useful movement skill for melee fighters that lets you quickly close the gap with a foe that's out of melee range. Combine it with Stun + Endurance Charge on Stun and it's a reliable way to build up Endu charges while stunning your target. Players who have trouble aiming Shield Charge are likely zoomed out too far to get a good bead on their targets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info