The weakest (and least used) gem in the game.

Every gem has its use in this game. Except Elemental Hit, that is complete garbage.

I'm actually gonna try Punishment on Reckoning - Curse on Hit setup with max block ofc.

Elemental Hit's mana cost should be halved, %10 damage buff on all elements and the chosen elemental type should be the same with the lowest elemental resist. If your lowest resist is cold, you hit cold damage. If it's lightning, you hit lightning. Just a slight mechanic that collaborates with ele reflect mobs.

Then it would become a good skill gem again imo.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Last edited by rockmassif on Jan 10, 2015, 9:19:32 AM
I can't agree 100% with you on smoke mine though. I use it on almost all of my charachters just for opening strong boxes. There is no skill better for that imo.

Another skill that see little use is conversion trap. Tried to implement it on some of my charachters but i always end up never really using it.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jan 10, 2015, 9:34:56 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
Another skill that see little use is conversion trap. Tried to implement it on some of my charachters but i always end up never really using it.

I'm using that on some of my melees, it's good when you got a full room of nasties, keeps you from getting swarmed on entering.
Another use is stealing buffs, you can temporarily convert rares with powerful auras like haste, have it help you get rid of its buddies and then take care of it one on one. Converting a diamond totem is fun incarnate.
Also a good strongbox insurance, place a totem behind the box and a line of traps in front, gives you plenty of time to get out even if you end up frozen.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of it initially and an average build doesn't really need it, but I learned to love it when playing builds that aren't strong or have pronounced slumps in development. Not a skill you use all the time but a godsend in rippy situations, pays off the socket space tenfold.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 10, 2015, 10:37:47 AM
conversion trap is fine. i use it on some of my chars - by choice. very useful if one has that one blue socket in 5/6 armor and do not want to risk re-coloring

what is bad with conversion trap is the leveling progression. with current meta duration on conv trap is actually a con rather than a pro. so i use it on lvl 1 in all cases. having to wait for 30-50 seconds to kill that juicy rare you converted? not worth it..
"
sidtherat wrote:
having to wait for 30-50 seconds to kill that juicy rare you converted? not worth it..

Yeah, I got CT and multitrap sharing a 4L with Vaal Haste and inc duration so it's better to keep it at L1, lasts too long otherwise.

"
raics wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
having to wait for 30-50 seconds to kill that juicy rare you converted? not worth it..

Yeah, I got CT and multitrap sharing a 4L with Vaal Haste and inc duration so it's better to keep it at L1, lasts too long otherwise.

You could use a fusing to break up the 4l into two 2l.
nvm

Last edited by hayze420 on Jan 11, 2015, 12:19:57 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

You could use a fusing to break up the 4l into two 2l.

I could, but I'm saving some mana this way :)

"
raics wrote:

How are you saving mana if ct is linked with multitrap and increased duration? Would be less mana if it's wasn't linked with increased duration.
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
raics wrote:

How are you saving mana if ct is linked with multitrap and increased duration? Would be less mana if it's wasn't linked with increased duration.

Well, level 1 CT with inc duration lasts some 9 secs and costs 35 mana, level 20 gem lasts 10s and costs 46 mana. I need to use duration either way so just slapping in a level 1 CT is less hassle than splitting sockets and levelling it up to some level that gives me best duration for mana. You use it in dangerous situations so 5s can sometimes be a bit short, but 15s is too long.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info