[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

@Margeauxxx: It's no wonder you're dying that often because your life is very low. You have 85% increased maximum life when you should aim for at least 125% at this point. The low life rolls on your boots, amulet and body armour as well as no life on your belt doesn't help as well. You should take the Thick Skin cluster as well as Golem's Blood as soon as possible (you can take some points off Essence Sap because you only need 0.4% mana leech total and Infractem can't leech anyway so Thief's Torment should be enough here; you can also take points off the Frenzy charge at Duelist which you can get later). Getting Phase Acrobatics should also help quite a bit.

Otherwise there are some minor problems. Get new boots (with movement speed), amulet and belt as soon as possible. Weapon Elemental Damage instead of Physical Projectile Damage to link with Lightning Arrow gives you more damage, and I would put Physical to Lightning instead of Faster Attacks in the Blast Rain setup. Herald + Curse on Hit generally works well, a problem might be that you want to hit targets from far off while the bolts from Herald only hit near you. If you're not satisfied with it, Herald of Ashes will probably give you more damage. And it's not too soon to get a five-link (either bow or body armour).
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Apr 22, 2016, 6:34:31 AM
Yes, if you set your characters to public ; )

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Did you temporarily switch out your weapon? Because you are using a blue bow without any useful affixes at the moment.

Your tree and gear look good in general, but I think you took your damage nodes too early instead of pathing to the additional life nodes in the Shadow area (Blood Siphon, Blood Drinker plus Revenge of the Hunted). To that end I would cut Cloth and Chain as well as Spirit Void and the two preceding mana leech points (0.4% is enough). Heartseeker should also be taken sooner rather than later because you have good crit chance but low crit multiplier.

Personally I prefer Queen of the Forest or another high-evasion armour to Hyrri's Ire for the life + resistances, but Ire should work as well.

Is there any info about enchantments for this build? What's better 2 roll on RN tornado Dmg or crit chance? And so on.
"
deligas wrote:
Is there any info about enchantments for this build? What's better 2 roll on RN tornado Dmg or crit chance? And so on.

I prefer
since it boosts your AoE quite nicely. Especially with chain from Deadeye. Also it increased chances of hitting tough bosses from far away.
I'm doing my first character and not have much currency yet, I'm going to buy my first really good bow, I would buy a Lioneye's Glare, but thinking a bit, I'm following the build using as main skill, Lightning Arrow, would not be better I buy a Voltaxic Bow, instead of Lioneye's currency even have enough to buy a harbinger?
since it has the voltaxic lightning damage, it would be better using the lightning strike, or is still better Lioneye's to be more versatile? (Remembering q will use this arc even have currency to one harbinger, ie theoretically Lioneye's / Voltaxic would be my endgame bow.)
Last edited by SynkeT on Apr 22, 2016, 7:40:25 PM
"
SynkeT wrote:
I'm doing my first character and not have much currency yet, I'm going to buy my first really good bow, I would buy a Lioneye's Glare, but thinking a bit, I'm following the build using as main skill, Lightning Arrow, would not be better I buy a Voltaxic Bow, instead of Lioneye's currency even have enough to buy a harbinger?
since it has the voltaxic lightning damage, it would be better using the lightning strike, or is still better Lioneye's to be more versatile? (Remembering q will use this arc even have currency to one harbinger, ie theoretically Lioneye's / Voltaxic would be my endgame bow.)

Your choice of skill has little to do with choice of bow. Just because Voltaxic has lightning damage on it, it doesn't mean it is better at utilizing a skill that has the word lightning in it :) PoE does not work that way.

Lioneye's Scales purely of physical damage while Voltaxic scales purely from non-physical damage. They are two completely different builds. For a Voltaxic build you remove all passives that increases physical damage.

This guide is mainly for a physical bow. I suggest following a Voltaxic Guide (Look up Mathil's guide on the Ranger forums) if you want to play with Voltaxic :) Also if you read his guide maybe the differences between scaling physical damage and elemental damage becomes clearer :)

As for advice: You can build a strong physical build or a strong Voltaxic build with relatively low amounts of currency. However in my opinion it is easier to make a Voltaxic build strong as a beginner :) So read a Voltaxic Guide. Understand it. Follow it :)
"
"
scrooge999 wrote:
Did you temporarily switch out your weapon? Because you are using a blue bow without any useful affixes at the moment.

Your tree and gear look good in general, but I think you took your damage nodes too early instead of pathing to the additional life nodes in the Shadow area (Blood Siphon, Blood Drinker plus Revenge of the Hunted). To that end I would cut Cloth and Chain as well as Spirit Void and the two preceding mana leech points (0.4% is enough). Heartseeker should also be taken sooner rather than later because you have good crit chance but low crit multiplier.

Personally I prefer Queen of the Forest or another high-evasion armour to Hyrri's Ire for the life + resistances, but Ire should work as well.

Ok, a little explanation. That is the best bow I found so far, believe me or not. I crafted it from a normal Harbinger and I am trying to craft nice affixes for it before using a Regal Orb on it. I have an Infractem too but no Drillneck and anyway using Infractem I lose leech and oh I need leech at the moment...
Unfortunately I am still not rich enough to buy a decent bow, so at the moment I am stuck with this option.

Do you think I should cut Spirit Void entirely except for the hybrid node? Because I run 2 auras for 75% of my mana, is it ok only 0.4% leech?

You can buy a better bow for 1 regal. That it is a 5-link does not really matter. Your bow is just as good as a white one :(
There is a ton of optimization that should be done on your character. I would strongly suggest you read this guide again. Your passives / items / gem setup suggests you haven't read it yet. You will benefit from this.

A) Remove passives from leech wheel so you only have the hybrid node with 0,4 mana leech and 0,4 life leech + another life leech node.
B) Buy a Chin-Sol Bow (cost 1 chaos / 1 regal) and pick up the Point blank passive and get a 4L with Rain of Arrows (or Blast Rain) + Physical Projectile Damage + Added Fire Damage + Faster Attack

Final advice (and this you do not have to follow if you are having fun :)) - Your passives are very inefficient at the moment and won't easily become efficient before you hit level 85-90. You locked yourself out of all the passives near shadow which are key. I take it you are not exactly swimming in hordes of currency and cannot afford all the regret orbs it would take to get things back on track. I would suggest you actually start over from level 1 after reading the guide :( Sorry.
Just want to bump my post in case anyone missed it. Any feedback is welcome!!

"
Rjkd12 wrote:
This thread is seriously awesome!

A while back some guy rage quit and gave me some of his gear so I decided to make this build. Therefore, some of the gear I have is not actually indicative of my actual wealth at all. My main question was if anyone had any tips on where to spend my lab points. I can't decide between the TS Deadeye, Phasing ranger, or Pathfinder. I wouldn't call myself "new" (as described for Deadeye), I don't play HC or plan on going to level 100 (Phasing) and I'm not sure if my gear passes for "GREAT" or not (Pathfinder). Any advice?

Also, any critique on my gear or passive tree would be very welcome. I have some currency built up and wouldn't mind dropping a few exalts in order to upgrade any of my gear. Let me know if I can provide any additional information that might help. My sincere thanks!
"
Rjkd12 wrote:
Just want to bump my post in case anyone missed it. Any feedback is welcome!!

"
Rjkd12 wrote:
This thread is seriously awesome!

A while back some guy rage quit and gave me some of his gear so I decided to make this build. Therefore, some of the gear I have is not actually indicative of my actual wealth at all. My main question was if anyone had any tips on where to spend my lab points. I can't decide between the TS Deadeye, Phasing ranger, or Pathfinder. I wouldn't call myself "new" (as described for Deadeye), I don't play HC or plan on going to level 100 (Phasing) and I'm not sure if my gear passes for "GREAT" or not (Pathfinder). Any advice?

Also, any critique on my gear or passive tree would be very welcome. I have some currency built up and wouldn't mind dropping a few exalts in order to upgrade any of my gear. Let me know if I can provide any additional information that might help. My sincere thanks!

Respecc into this:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQBeBS0FtQYjCC4IiQ2NES8WvxmOIXYj0yP2JpUqWy5TMHEwfDH6MpQ2PTfUOdQ6QjqzPs9DMUd-Sn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHUuxVS1WFWhpbr11oYeJirGVNbIxwUnTtdct1_Xb3eu97FH11fwJ_K4JehG-Gzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv49gkAqVBZrxm42dqqCfoaSjiqXLpuCn1LTFtUi3trvjvTa95r6nwTPC7MMzxKLKqdNv037UI9RC1orZxtrB3ajh2-Of6mLrY-0_7YPuDu96_MX-uv7I
- Slight changes.

Since you chose Pathfinder you should go for Master Surgeon and Master Herbalist (Veteran Bowyer is also strong but only if you utilize an elemental setup).

You should use the increased critical strikes gem instead of the increased critical damage gem.

Gear:
Belly of the Beast is not really that great. Especially combined with Atziri boots, maligaro and Rat's Nest. Opportunity cost of those items are no life (except boots) and (almost) no resist which means your amulet and rings are purely filled with defensive stats which leads to low damage.

Use a High Life, high evasion with some res on it instead of belly OR Lightning Coil (which is a great item but hard max out resists. Should you go for Lightning Coil you will need to redo your boots / rings / gloves).

Quiver (drillneck) and amulet are 100% pure dps item slots. There should be 0 resistance on these items. Also if you can drop resistance on your rings and go for diamond rings with life and other offensive stats (flat phys, attack speed, room for increased crit chance enchant) it is great, but tough to balance resists around it - especially with Belly, Maligaro and so on.

Speaking of Maligaro's they are a bit outdated. I would prefer a pair of good rares with double res, attack speed and high life OR Shadows and Dust which gives you Rampage (movement speed).

Swap out your belt with a rustic sash with high flat life, tri-res and room for WED enchant.

Swap out boots for 30% move, high res, high life boots and use that extra resistance to go for an offensive amulet.

About Divination Distillate it is impossible to utilize efficiently with a build like this. Throw it out and instead use Taste of Hate / Basalt Flask.

Also you want to reroll your quicksilver flask. Right now it generates extra charges when enemies crit you - not when you crit them (which is what you want).
Last edited by Frankenberry on Apr 22, 2016, 11:33:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info