[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
SynkeT wrote:
I'm doing my first character and not have much currency yet, I'm going to buy my first really good bow, I would buy a Lioneye's Glare, but thinking a bit, I'm following the build using as main skill, Lightning Arrow, would not be better I buy a Voltaxic Bow, instead of Lioneye's currency even have enough to buy a harbinger?
since it has the voltaxic lightning damage, it would be better using the lightning strike, or is still better Lioneye's to be more versatile? (Remembering q will use this arc even have currency to one harbinger, ie theoretically Lioneye's / Voltaxic would be my endgame bow.)

Your choice of skill has little to do with choice of bow. Just because Voltaxic has lightning damage on it, it doesn't mean it is better at utilizing a skill that has the word lightning in it :) PoE does not work that way.

Lioneye's Scales purely of physical damage while Voltaxic scales purely from non-physical damage. They are two completely different builds. For a Voltaxic build you remove all passives that increases physical damage.

This guide is mainly for a physical bow. I suggest following a Voltaxic Guide (Look up Mathil's guide on the Ranger forums) if you want to play with Voltaxic :) Also if you read his guide maybe the differences between scaling physical damage and elemental damage becomes clearer :)

As for advice: You can build a strong physical build or a strong Voltaxic build with relatively low amounts of currency. However in my opinion it is easier to make a Voltaxic build strong as a beginner :) So read a Voltaxic Guide. Understand it. Follow it :)

I will study more about the difference between physical and elemental damage.

For now I will continue with this build of Neversink, even for already be almost level 70, do not want to start the character again, then the best choice would be to buy a Lioneye's and uses it even have enough currency to buy a Harbinger right ??

up to the value of 3 ex is there any better option than Lioneye's ?? (Making it clear that we are talking about 5L bow)
"
SynkeT wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
SynkeT wrote:
I'm doing my first character and not have much currency yet, I'm going to buy my first really good bow, I would buy a Lioneye's Glare, but thinking a bit, I'm following the build using as main skill, Lightning Arrow, would not be better I buy a Voltaxic Bow, instead of Lioneye's currency even have enough to buy a harbinger?
since it has the voltaxic lightning damage, it would be better using the lightning strike, or is still better Lioneye's to be more versatile? (Remembering q will use this arc even have currency to one harbinger, ie theoretically Lioneye's / Voltaxic would be my endgame bow.)

Your choice of skill has little to do with choice of bow. Just because Voltaxic has lightning damage on it, it doesn't mean it is better at utilizing a skill that has the word lightning in it :) PoE does not work that way.

Lioneye's Scales purely of physical damage while Voltaxic scales purely from non-physical damage. They are two completely different builds. For a Voltaxic build you remove all passives that increases physical damage.

This guide is mainly for a physical bow. I suggest following a Voltaxic Guide (Look up Mathil's guide on the Ranger forums) if you want to play with Voltaxic :) Also if you read his guide maybe the differences between scaling physical damage and elemental damage becomes clearer :)

As for advice: You can build a strong physical build or a strong Voltaxic build with relatively low amounts of currency. However in my opinion it is easier to make a Voltaxic build strong as a beginner :) So read a Voltaxic Guide. Understand it. Follow it :)

I will study more about the difference between physical and elemental damage.

For now I will continue with this build of Neversink, even for already be almost level 70, do not want to start the character again, then the best choice would be to buy a Lioneye's and uses it even have enough currency to buy a Harbinger right ??

up to the value of 3 ex is there any better option than Lioneye's ?? (Making it clear that we are talking about 5L bow)

A well rolled Lioneye's Glare is a nice starter bow. Just beware of reflect and do not invest in arrow dancer, since it won't help you vs. reflect with a glare :) Also Chin-Sol + Point blank is a fantastic high damage combination if you are somewhat short on currency.
"
Frankenberry wrote:

I am running Glare with 35k TS tooltip DPS. With the Vaal Pact version I have had no problems with reflect so far.
35k is by no standard stellar but you will still melt everything in a T10 map.
[Standard league - UTC +2]
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Rjkd12 wrote:
Just want to bump my post in case anyone missed it. Any feedback is welcome!!

"
Rjkd12 wrote:
This thread is seriously awesome!

A while back some guy rage quit and gave me some of his gear so I decided to make this build. Therefore, some of the gear I have is not actually indicative of my actual wealth at all. My main question was if anyone had any tips on where to spend my lab points. I can't decide between the TS Deadeye, Phasing ranger, or Pathfinder. I wouldn't call myself "new" (as described for Deadeye), I don't play HC or plan on going to level 100 (Phasing) and I'm not sure if my gear passes for "GREAT" or not (Pathfinder). Any advice?

Also, any critique on my gear or passive tree would be very welcome. I have some currency built up and wouldn't mind dropping a few exalts in order to upgrade any of my gear. Let me know if I can provide any additional information that might help. My sincere thanks!

Respecc into this:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQBeBS0FtQYjCC4IiQ2NES8WvxmOIXYj0yP2JpUqWy5TMHEwfDH6MpQ2PTfUOdQ6QjqzPs9DMUd-Sn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHUuxVS1WFWhpbr11oYeJirGVNbIxwUnTtdct1_Xb3eu97FH11fwJ_K4JehG-Gzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv49gkAqVBZrxm42dqqCfoaSjiqXLpuCn1LTFtUi3trvjvTa95r6nwTPC7MMzxKLKqdNv037UI9RC1orZxtrB3ajh2-Of6mLrY-0_7YPuDu96_MX-uv7I
- Slight changes.

Since you chose Pathfinder you should go for Master Surgeon and Master Herbalist (Veteran Bowyer is also strong but only if you utilize an elemental setup).

You should use the increased critical strikes gem instead of the increased critical damage gem.

Gear:
Belly of the Beast is not really that great. Especially combined with Atziri boots, maligaro and Rat's Nest. Opportunity cost of those items are no life (except boots) and (almost) no resist which means your amulet and rings are purely filled with defensive stats which leads to low damage.

Use a High Life, high evasion with some res on it instead of belly OR Lightning Coil (which is a great item but hard max out resists. Should you go for Lightning Coil you will need to redo your boots / rings / gloves).

Quiver (drillneck) and amulet are 100% pure dps item slots. There should be 0 resistance on these items. Also if you can drop resistance on your rings and go for diamond rings with life and other offensive stats (flat phys, attack speed, room for increased crit chance enchant) it is great, but tough to balance resists around it - especially with Belly, Maligaro and so on.

Speaking of Maligaro's they are a bit outdated. I would prefer a pair of good rares with double res, attack speed and high life OR Shadows and Dust which gives you Rampage (movement speed).

Swap out your belt with a rustic sash with high flat life, tri-res and room for WED enchant.

Swap out boots for 30% move, high res, high life boots and use that extra resistance to go for an offensive amulet.

About Divination Distillate it is impossible to utilize efficiently with a build like this. Throw it out and instead use Taste of Hate / Basalt Flask.

Also you want to reroll your quicksilver flask. Right now it generates extra charges when enemies crit you - not when you crit them (which is what you want).

Awesome. Thanks a ton. I am away from my computer for about a week but will try this out.

As for the class I picked, with zero points specced, can I pick another class if I re-run the labrynth? If so, would you recommend a different one?

Thanks again!
Im looking for a nice Singletarget for Atziri / Uber Splitphase and was going to take the oldschool Puncture Trap! Is it even worth? Since the copies dont move they dont get the 50% extra dmg right? Also should i use my Harbinger or my Chin Sol? The Chin Sol dps seems lower (and the tooltip also)

thanks so far!
hi guys, i'll buy my definitive chest, and i have an dilemma, i really like to buy Daresso's Chest, but in build guide, it's not recommended as first choice, i want know why ??

Since of general status are good.

my resists are in cap, and i don't buy rings/amulet yet, daresso's is cheaper than Zodiac Leather. (making clear, we taking about 5L chests)

Daresso's is not a good option in this case ?
"
ddangreifer wrote:
Im looking for a nice Singletarget for Atziri / Uber Splitphase and was going to take the oldschool Puncture Trap! Is it even worth? Since the copies dont move they dont get the 50% extra dmg right? Also should i use my Harbinger or my Chin Sol? The Chin Sol dps seems lower (and the tooltip also)

thanks so far!

could try Burning arrow work's wonders also
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
ddangreifer wrote:

thanks so far!

6L Chin-Sol or a well rolled Harbinger with Trap - Point Blank - More Trap Dmg - Puncture - PPAD - Slower Projectiles is my preferred strategy for Uber split phase. Works very well imho :)

A Harbinger with the gem setup mentioned above will hit for Y-Z x 1,5 (due to point blank which is not included in the tooltip damage range)
Chin-Sol will hit for Y-Z x 1,5 x 2. So if your Harbinger hits twice as hard as a Chin-Sol bow it is basically the same damage (except for increased critical range with Harbinger).

Bottom line: You need a well rolled Harbinger to compete with Chin-Sol :)
Last edited by Frankenberry on Apr 24, 2016, 9:15:10 AM
i cant open the skill tree (old version)
"
iBL4cKz wrote:
i cant open the skill tree (old version)

nvm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info