[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Faster proj provides only little increased damage. ICS is much more important, giving you more reliable crits.

As for faster attack, my feeling is I don't need much on a bow build, I prefer to hit hard and run. Also it increases mana cost quite sensibly if you want to sustain your shots. I use FA as my 6th link with SA/TS on my archer, and don't even use it with lightning arrow. On the other hand I value FA highly on my non crit builds ; it's on my 4L heavy strike and 5L sweep on my Darksrhine marauder.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
I'm not so FasterAttacks4Life!!1! anymore but it's handy sometimes, I can't realy explain it, but it has something to do with CC, particulary with how long mobs stay stunned. At some point I wanted FA in my SA setup, then I took it away when I've got enough attack speed elsewhere.

Spoiler
I haven't put my setup out in a while, nice one, no? ;p
I spot that it says more by how high is single hit's damage than toolpit in general. Toolpit is a liar basicaly
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Dec 3, 2015, 2:43:48 PM
Hi NeverSink. I'd like to know more about the WindRipper (ele crit) build u have. Can't seem to find a link to the build yet. Could you drop me a link to it? I have a legacy WR 100% crit chance and an Acuity along with a good rare quiver so I'm itching to try it out.

"
IMPORTANT: This part of the guide is a separate build, it's NOT a part of the original build.
Just to get a few things out of the way:

1) This build expands upon the original build, it's designed for experienced players and requires some currency to pull off properly.
2) Do NOT attempt to play this setup without a windripper
3) Do NOT attempt to start a new character/league with the windripper setup
4) I highly suggest to be familiar with the "normal" build, before trying out the windripper setup.
5) This build is not recommended for beginners

Pro's and con's:

+Insane clearspeed (equal or higher compared to setups of the original build, likely lower than mirror-gear phys bows)
+Consistent elemental effects
+Great for farming
+High mobility
+Fun to play
+CoC variation possible
+Uses a great weapon with massive attack speed/crit chance
+Less affected by upcoming Enduring Cry/CWDT nerf
+Reflect reduces reflected damage by 75%
+Gains a lot more bonus damage from drillneck

-Not exactly cheap
-Reflect is a tricky beast
-You can po
-Leech is a problem
-Immortal call won't help VS reflect
-Not good for atziri

Requirements:

+A Level 85 or higher ranger
+Windripper
+At least 5 links, better 6.

WORK IN PROGRESS

It was last edited in Feb 24 so I am assuming it's already done. Please halp anyone :D
"
PalmanFenrir wrote:
Hi NeverSink. I'd like to know more about the WindRipper (ele crit) build u have. Can't seem to find a link to the build yet. Could you drop me a link to it? I have a legacy WR 100% crit chance and an Acuity along with a good rare quiver so I'm itching to try it out.

It was last edited in Feb 24 so I am assuming it's already done. Please halp anyone :D

click
click
Burn all the orbs!
My thanks skuadak :D would be great if I can see NeverSink's variant as well.
Hi, Can any one help me?

I have been leveling a ranger with this build. But my dps sucks I am not sure at what stage i can ditch the elron rings to over come mana issues.
But the differene in crit rate with change in ammulet and rings is from 23.4% to 25% crit chance global.

I have a base TS dps of 5K .... which i feel is very low.

here is my gear at level 70. This caps my resistances
Spoiler

Ideally i want to run a life leech on the sockets of my 6L armor and still have a reasonable dps.

I am following the skill tree listed in the guild
here is where i am at now.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4FLQW1CC4IiQqbDY0ZjiF2I_YknST9MHwyATKUOdRDMUd-Sn1M_02STipRR1O7W69daGHrYlpirGVNZ6BsjG_ydO11y3rvfXV_An8rhNmGzod2ivCNfY1-jb-QCpUFmvGbJpuNnaqgn6OKpuCwq7IZtMW9Nr6nv9XBM8FJwuzEgsjcyqnNmM96037UI9nG2sHjn-cK51To1ulG6mLtg-4O73r8xf4d_rr_3g==

how can i improve?
I do have this bow with me
not sure if i should shift to this instead of my lion eyes.. This shows a lower tool tip dps. But the tooltip dps is what affects life leech .

Domine Non Es Dignus
"
PalmanFenrir wrote:
My thanks skuadak :D would be great if I can see NeverSink's variant as well.

I'm afraid that's not going to happen soon.

@Zinja: take that added chaos damage out, also Faster attacks may be too much, LG is fast enough on its own. If you don't wanna recolor sockets try TS-gmp-PtL-WED-L.Leech-Slower proj./Faster proj(F.P. in case you have mana issues). I guess your crit chance isn't rly high with LG so IncCD on its own isn't good idea. I'd try inc. strikes and inc.damage if changing colors is possible. So TS-Gmp-Inc.C.S.-Inc.C.Dmg-Sl./F. proj (again, depends on mana issues) and Life Leech.

Your Harbringer won't work nice without bit of accuracy.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Dec 3, 2015, 5:47:44 PM
hi, great build.

i have invested 3 points into spirit void but i noticed i could get more leech from essence sap. i have 3 refund points available should i restat or is there something I'm missing that makes spirit void better than essence sap ?
"
Faster proj provides only little increased damage. ICS is much more important, giving you more reliable crits.

As for faster attack, my feeling is I don't need much on a bow build, I prefer to hit hard and run. Also it increases mana cost quite sensibly if you want to sustain your shots. I use FA as my 6th link with SA/TS on my archer, and don't even use it with lightning arrow. On the other hand I value FA highly on my non crit builds ; it's on my 4L heavy strike and 5L sweep on my Darksrhine marauder.

I agree with that.
It's only a must for Frenzy/Whatever single target Skill for bosses.

I'd go for SA/Chain/PPAD/PTS/WED/Inc. Crits if you manage to get a 6l

For frenzy (4l or 5l should be enough) i would go Frenzy/FA/PPAD/PTS/Wed or something similar

This works pretty well for me. Not even joking.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Dec 4, 2015, 6:02:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info