Exile Auction House Announcement (bid by in game currency!)

"
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
You know an 3rd party AH doesn't work because it can't force people to honor an BID.

If someone put up an item and they get a super low bid there is nothing forcing the guy to give it up, and people can just run around troll bidding every item.

This is true, but the fundamental issue is there with xyz, too. This just imposes a longer delay (assuming the xyz buyer is online).

What I'd do to (partially) circumvent this is one of the following (and for all I know your site already does):
- Make the user post an initial bid instead of leaving it wide open.
- Let the user set a "reserve" (a la eBay, although I'd prefer it to be publicly displayed) below which they will not sell the item.

I favor the latter, but it's a smidge more complicated.

I don't wanna do the latter one since I always think it is not fair to the buyer, but I would like to let the sellet set a minimum bids count for an item like:
"
This item will only be sold if it contains 5 bid records.

do you think it would be a great idea?
A few things I'm missing on the site:

- Auto-suggestion on unique item names
For example, I see there's a Cloak Of Defiance on the homepage, but when I click through the menu, and type in Cloak it doesn't find anything.

- Auto-spell checker along the lines of Google's "Did you mean _____"
There's a few items out there that get's spelled wrong all the time, especially with the many non-native English speakers out there. I catch myself often on such mistakes, or small typo's.

- Standardize the design
-> Some of the content displayed on the page is aligned left, while other content is aligned at the center, it's really amateurish looking if you have to keep switching your focal point.
-> The footer really distracts me, and I believe a lot more people from the content, it's too big compared to other parts of the website.
-> The weapon-type selection menu has a scroll bar, why did you not choose to opt for a more generic weapon selection, and splitting that into another drop down with a selection for 1-Handed and 2-Handed? I also believe the problem could be fixed by reducing the spacing(margin/padding) on the clickable boxes/buttons of the categories and their sub-categories themselves.
-> It doesn't really have that PoE feel to it, it feels more like a scam and looks really amateurish. Don't let it get you, I appreciate the effort, but I'm just saying a good design says a lot about a website
"
Alea wrote:
Hello

No honored and troll bidings destroy the main idea, nn to mention the automatization of lowballs biding.

What you can do is to specialize in currency exchanges. The main page may offer a board listing main currencies ratios per league, ppl can sell their currency or buy others with this online tool. The ratios exposed in mainpage is based on actual transactions.

- sellin with a minimal ratio (example 1 gcp for mini 1.7 chaos)

- buyin with a maximal ratio (example 1 gcp for maxi 1.8 chaos)

- accepted & avaialble currencies for payments (ex; only accept chaos, regrets, scours, & alts)

-> online calculator show what you must pay with the currencies you have available:

Example: buying 5 gcp at 1.6 chaos, available currencies : 10 chaos and 20 alts

Website calculate basing on current ratio : 8 chaos + 8 alterations (current ratio for alts is 16:1c)

=> Buyer contact the seller, that may also use the tool to verify if correct, and deal.

Seems impossible to do maybe, but if work you can make nice profit with advertisement banner.

Problem: you could use your website to scam ppl by doing profit in buying/selling close to mini & maxi ranges. Not a big deal, excepted on massive buy/sell transactions. Wall street.

regards

booked mark this one, would read carefully when I get off my job :P
it has some good shit idea in that
won't use it as one reason for me to play this game is NO auction house
"
Candanz wrote:
A few things I'm missing on the site:

- Auto-suggestion on unique item names
For example, I see there's a Cloak Of Defiance on the homepage, but when I click through the menu, and type in Cloak it doesn't find anything.

- Auto-spell checker along the lines of Google's "Did you mean _____"
There's a few items out there that get's spelled wrong all the time, especially with the many non-native English speakers out there. I catch myself often on such mistakes, or small typo's.

- Standardize the design
-> Some of the content displayed on the page is aligned left, while other content is aligned at the center, it's really amateurish looking if you have to keep switching your focal point.
-> The footer really distracts me, and I believe a lot more people from the content, it's too big compared to other parts of the website.
-> The weapon-type selection menu has a scroll bar, why did you not choose to opt for a more generic weapon selection, and splitting that into another drop down with a selection for 1-Handed and 2-Handed? I also believe the problem could be fixed by reducing the spacing(margin/padding) on the clickable boxes/buttons of the categories and their sub-categories themselves.
-> It doesn't really have that PoE feel to it, it feels more like a scam and looks really amateurish. Don't let it get you, I appreciate the effort, but I'm just saying a good design says a lot about a website

Thanks for your suggestions!

first of all I am quiet sure you can get the Cloak of defiance in result if you typed cloak, the reason of your result is, the default value makes the site return results which contains at least 4 links:)

I would love to put the auto-spell checker on it, but I have to say I used all skills I have practiced in my job (thus I have experience on them).
I didn't touch auto-spell checker in my life time and I afraid of messed up the site w/ sth I have no experiences on it so I planned to try auto-spell in my work first.

I do know the design is not pro and really want to fix it, will do my best of it but that would be great if I can have some suggestions on it :)

The idea of weapon type is good and I thinks I would update it ASAP :P thanks for this genius idea :P
Heh. no worries.
As a fellow developer, I know the feeling of working with technologies and implementations that you've never used before.

If you're trying to gain experience with such things, I highly advise you to set up a "./dev/" section on your website, where you can try out a lot of things, before you actually put things on the live side of the page. Ofcourse using ".htaccess" to restrict access to said directory, to anyone whom it may not concern.

If you're interested, I'm willing to lend a hand with the development of the site, just give me an address to contact, or any other way you'd like me to contact you.

And you should keep the form for searching as clean as possible. It speeds up the user interaction, like I said, if I'd search for any Cloak of Defiance, I'd just type that in and go on with the search, not reading through all the other options.
Last edited by Candanz on Aug 20, 2014, 5:06:47 AM
Still doesn't change a thing.

What we need is ingame mailbox item delivery, so you don't have to waste time on waiting for the stars to align perfectly for the both of you to be online at the same time.
There's no trade going on atm when the buyer is afk taking a shit while the seller is waiting, or the seller furiously masturbating to some hentai pr0n while the buyer is waiting...

THAT is the number one time wasting problem with Poe bartering right now, and the reason why we need a ingame AH + mailbox/deposit system.

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
"
Quantume wrote:

What we need is ingame mailbox item delivery, so you don't have to waste time on waiting for the stars to align perfectly for the both of you to be online at the same time.
There's no trade going on atm when the buyer is afk taking a shit while the seller is waiting, or the seller furiously masturbating to some hentai pr0n while the buyer is waiting...

THAT is the number one time wasting problem with Poe bartering right now, and the reason why we need a ingame AH + mailbox/deposit system.

We can't do anything about that as outsiders, with no way of changing things in-game. This is arguably the next best thing we can do.
"
Quantume wrote:

I can change nothing to the problems you mentioned.
What I can change is do my best to make my things work fine.
At least I gave it a shot and I don't regret it :)

Please don't makes me feel like that I annoyed you with my website hosting and I am really sorry to wasted your time to read this post :)
"
Candanz wrote:
Heh. no worries.
As a fellow developer, I know the feeling of working with technologies and implementations that you've never used before.

If you're trying to gain experience with such things, I highly advise you to set up a "./dev/" section on your website, where you can try out a lot of things, before you actually put things on the live side of the page. Ofcourse using ".htaccess" to restrict access to said directory, to anyone whom it may not concern.

If you're interested, I'm willing to lend a hand with the development of the site, just give me an address to contact, or any other way you'd like me to contact you.

And you should keep the form for searching as clean as possible. It speeds up the user interaction, like I said, if I'd search for any Cloak of Defiance, I'd just type that in and go on with the search, not reading through all the other options.

Its awkward to say my development server is located at my company lol
I always stay @ there till midnight, sometimes spend the time on company's things and sometimes my own thing ;)

There is a plan between my friend and I, and the very first one is patch the stage 1 of this exileauction.com site before the end of Aug :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info