Exile Auction House Announcement (bid by in game currency!)

"
ZAY_Lau wrote:
So... sorry I was an idiot and finally I figured out what you guys are talking lol

link was added and sorry guys! :(

What were they talking about? I can't see your previous post so all the context is gone. To me it looks like they couldn't conceive that typing www. is unnecessary. lol

Anyway, poe.xyz.is is perfectly fine for most transactions. But if your site gains popularity I can see it having a niche for high end item auctions. Legacies and second hand mirror gear etc.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Aug 19, 2014, 2:41:07 PM
"
"
ZAY_Lau wrote:
So... sorry I was an idiot and finally I figured out what you guys are talking lol

What were they talking about? I can't see your previous post so all the context is gone. To me it looks like they couldn't conceive that typing www. is unnecessary. lol

Anyway, poe.xyz.is is perfectly fine for most transactions. But if your site gains popularity I can see it having a niche for high end item auctions. Legacies and second hand mirror gear etc.

I forgot to attach the auction site's url... lol
I just said "please enjoy the site" and leave my contact mail, no link included to access :(
"
"
ZAY_Lau wrote:

He forgot to Type his own Site in post ... one guy just try using his mail and it worked.
I think its a nice idea.
It needs to pick steam though. More users -> even more users.
Ill perhaps try it when new league starts.

thanks for the effort.
"
ZAY_Lau wrote:
"
This is a nifty idea. :) I'll have to play around with it and send you my thoughts.

Oh, and lemme know if you need help with the webmastering. It's been too long since I've really dug into some code.

Thank you man! :D
This is my honor to have you to walk around the site :P
Always free to listen advise :)

===========

BTW @ the coding section, the only thing I can't figure how to solve is the CORS problem.
Since the PoE official site is allowed player to get Stash info via the following link:
http://www.pathofexile.com/character-window/get-stash-items?league=default
it is nice and useful and trust-able source.

But the problem is now the CORS was announced and the browser can't get data from the above link, and now I have to require the user to login PoE official site via my site and I know my site is not a nice/useful/trust-able source (at lease for now), so is there any suggestion?

I had once thought an idea that require user to install a chrome extension to get stash item (seems like google chrome won't block this way) and send the item's properties back to server. But then since this is just the first release of the site I don't want to go too far...
"
RagnarokX wrote:
I think its a nice idea.
It needs to pick steam though. More users -> even more users.
Ill perhaps try it when new league starts.

thanks for the effort.

Thanks man:) you are welcome @ anytime :P
"
ZAY_Lau wrote:
"
ZAY_Lau wrote:

BTW @ the coding section, the only thing I can't figure how to solve is the CORS problem.
Since the PoE official site is allowed player to get Stash info via the following link:
http://www.pathofexile.com/character-window/get-stash-items?league=default
it is nice and useful and trust-able source.

But the problem is now the CORS was announced and the browser can't get data from the above link, and now I have to require the user to login PoE official site via my site and I know my site is not a nice/useful/trust-able source (at lease for now), so is there any suggestion?

I had once thought an idea that require user to install a chrome extension to get stash item (seems like google chrome won't block this way) and send the item's properties back to server. But then since this is just the first release of the site I don't want to go too far...

I've never used CORS; I'll dig into it more once I have a bit of time. As I understand it (which could be totally wrong, this mostly came from a brief perusal of Wikipedia), the resource (in this case, pathofexile.com) has to specify all authorized domains, so without that you won't be able to access the desired information.

Whether that's true or not, the way I'd start (just for simplicity) is with a bookmarklet that, once run with the official website open, takes the information from the desired item and copies it back to your servers, which is basically what you were suggesting. This is often considered "more secure" just because it's relatively widely adopted from other PoE tools; however, it could be a barrier to user adoption because of the extra step. That said, I think *some* kind of extra step is unavoidable at the moment.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
Last edited by SayyadinaAtreides on Aug 19, 2014, 2:58:49 PM
Contrary to certain other posts, I do believe there is a place for this in Path of Exile trading. Not every item follows the standard b/o and c/o format and as a player who has participated in timed auctions on the forum, I think this would be a great idea. Sometimes the OP forgets to update that your offer has been beaten and you end up looking foolish when you show up at pick-up time and the item is already gone.

TLDR: Kudos to you for making this and it is definitely useful.

Suggestions (not sure if already features)

- Easy short links to single item auctions (for users to post in their selling thread)
- Links to the thread of OP (helps prevent bidding on troll items)
- "Buy it now" Price (probably the selling point or b/o if there was one)
- Ability to sort results by Auctions with/without buyout
- Visual upgrade, highly underrated but greatly affects a websites credibility (nothing special, just that it looks a little too minimalist even for a minimalist design lover like me. Logo's are always nice)
- It is not immediately obvious that the sub-menus lead to search forms, I was wondering where search was. Probably put a message to fix that maybe?

Anyway all these are just suggestions and my feedback and in no way attacks on your results. I hope you will take some into advisement and well done again on your Auction House
"
...like us to trade their rewards after framing...

Hm... Freudian slip?..

I'm, in place of GGG, would have removed the threads with links to third party sites that cashing in on their product and ban those "well-wishers".
9/10 players will register for the same email as PoE and 1/9 also will input the password from the email and then they'll blow up the technical section that GGG leaked their data.
But seeing how people are pleased with this... good luck... to both sides...
*anti-tomatoes aura activated*
Nice job with getting the site working.

Unfortunately the idea can never work.

Auction Houses have fees and other such things like taking the actual item during the auction period to encourage the seller to actually sell the item should they not get the price they were looking for.

All that will happen here is that sellers simply won't sell the item if they don't get the price they want and the buyer has just wasted 3 days of their time.

Everyone knows roughly what their item is worth and so they may as well just make a forum post with high buyouts and negotiate from there, with people finding their item on xyz.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info