GGG's opinion on Mirror of Kalandra

I bought into the Mirror game today. However, If GGG deleted Mirrored items from the game, I ain't even mad.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Sep 6, 2014, 10:30:23 PM
I only see one problem with mirrors. Mirror service monopoly.
If you get lucky once, you are rich forever, which doesnt make much sense to me.
Usually when you get lucky, lets say you find a mirror, well guess what... you got rich, but you didnt get rich forever. Once you use up the mirror or currency equivalents, thats it, its gone.

Get lucky once and find a perfect item, and you have the monopoly for mirror service on that item, thus you are rich forever. Just doesnt make sense.

GGG just needs to make it so that you can only mirror an item once, thus comppletely getting rid of the mirror service nonsense, while keeping mirrors in the game.
Problem solved.
Last edited by gh0un on Sep 6, 2014, 10:50:30 PM
Mirrors give people an incentive to finish crafting GGG items, knowing that they can at least recoup their cost of currency or even make a profit.

By definition, you can't have a monopoly on a rare item because there's nothing stopping someone else from crafting that same item or even a better one if they have the currency (if the rare doesn't use a legacy base).
Last edited by aff1nity on Sep 7, 2014, 1:26:59 PM
"
Alea wrote:
Btw anyone figured out the answer of GGG ?

Yeah I have.

Spoiler
"
Chris_GGG wrote:
LOLOLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLL
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
aff1nity wrote:
By definition, you can't have a monopoly on a rare item because there's nothing stopping someone else from crafting that same item or even a better one if they have the currency (if the rare doesn't use a legacy base).

I believe this type of monopoly is called a natural monopoly.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
This is not something GGG is likely to comment on, similar to how they avoid discussions about Shavronnes, or other mechanics/situations that had "unexpected" outcomes.

The initial idea of the mirror was an item which creates a copy of an item, but the items that could be copied (back in CB when the majority of testing for these sorto f things was) were usually just good items, not perfect rolled items. Now in part due to volume of users, and also due to the terrible eternals, you get 5 t1 phys crit wand with a t2/t3 roll for something else.

I get the feeling this sort of item was meant to be close to 'impossible' to drop/craft originally, anyone who did 'crafting' in CB knows that it was exalt and hope, and depending on how good the item is you accepted the outcome, or you scoured and started from white. This meant that assuming you aren't chaos spamming it (which requires super luck in and of itself), you want to get lucky with trans/alting it, then with regal, and then with 3 further exalts. getting 4 T1 would be ridiculously lucky there.

Also the idea that the rare item like loath bane isn't a monopoly is an interesting one. Technically someone could craft the same rare with all t1 affixes and divine it to be perfect. Then there would be a bidding war for whose you use, essentially whoever had the cheapest price at the time you want to mirror would be the person who gets paid.

But then the nature of said bidding war means that while at the moment it might cost say 100exalt to mirror (no idea how much in reality), this would demand that prices continuously drop or else the higher price has no revenue. This is assuming they don't both agree to a price fix which potentially splits the profit all to the more publicised option.

And because of said bidding war it would probably not be worth the cost of crafting (which is probably over the mirror fee by a significant margin) and so there would be no incentive to craft this unless you are trying to make one for yourself.

Which means anytime a 'perfect' item is generated for an item slot, it is pretty much pointless to craft another of the same item. One phys crit dagger, one phys crit wand, etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info