GGG's opinion on Mirror of Kalandra

Let me ask you first - do you think Eternals are fine?

It's 100% connected to mirrors, you're mirroring shit made from eternals.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
In the avoided scenario... the player had the chance to find the BiS rare.

Even if the big players could monopolize it - it doesn't mean it's forever, anyone could theoretically tear them down.

Can you tear down perfection? Nah.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 7:47:56 PM
"
Alea wrote:
you got answer in the quote you made... the richer is able to pay xxxx exalts for super top rare, then selling mirror fee...

This isn't really correct.

I played through the era with no eternals. You couldn't just craft up a perfect rare on a whim even if you had THOUSANDS of exalts. It just stops being reasonably possible.

All the power goes to the person who got the 4x - 5x T1 rare as a drop. They are the ones with all the leverage.

Basically, the removal of the eternal would take PoE back to a drop-centric game. Right now the only thing you can get via drops are unique items and orbs. Rares are just shit, and eternals are the cause of that.

Jewelry are mostly all I bothered with on Ambush, and it will be even worse on these new leagues.
Before eternals, this was the "monopoly" ->

"
Fireknight wrote:

Any player had a chance to beat it, find good chest, get lucky exalting - boom, perfection was impossible so there was no such thing as permanent monopoly.

With eternals, there is permanent monopoly.
"
Alea wrote:
sure thing: rich player can also buy 50 chests with top 5 affixes

no, they can't, because they don't exist to buy.

the ones that do exist are hoarded by the people who found them. that's just the way it works.

if they decided to sell that one item, in an environment with no eternals, dozens of different people would all be drooling over it, trying to buy it.

there wouldn't be one magical person able to just buy them all.
Last edited by Veruski on Aug 18, 2014, 7:55:07 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Before eternals, this was the "monopoly" ->

"
Fireknight wrote:

Any player had a chance to beat it, find good chest, get lucky exalting - boom, perfection was impossible so there was no such thing as permanent monopoly.

With eternals, there is permanent monopoly.

Precisely. This guy truly doesnt get it...
"
Alea wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Alea wrote:

the ones that do exist are hoarded by the people who found them. that's just the way it works.

oh sorry i meant 4 affixes, then double yolo exalt it ! ;)

good luck finding those, either? 4x T1 is still rare as shit. you would have to buy them ONE at at a time, and it will probably take you weeks for each one.

then on double yolo exalt, your odds would be about...oh i dont know... 1/30 * 1/30 = 1/900 or so? and that's EXTREMELY GENEROUS.

have fun buying 1000 4x T1 chests/whatever, and then double yolo exalting them all.

got 10k exalts on you?
Last edited by Veruski on Aug 18, 2014, 7:57:27 PM
"
Alea wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Alea wrote:

oh sorry i meant 4 affixes, then double yolo exalt it ! ;)

whatever dont miss other text i wrote about mirror, else it out of context and become bullshit.

again 4 affix items are very rare... check out the mirrored chest above it has 2 affixes as well as a 6L...

and even with 4 affixes do the math on the probabilities of yolo exalting something worth while you will see they are extremely small thus said "rich guy" would have to buy a tremendous amount of "perfect" 4 affix items to try them out... but there won't be enough of these good 4 affix items in the economy to buy in the first place.
Examine Dominion's chest again. And tell me how many T1s are on it. I'll save you some time - 2.

Don't even talk about dropping 4Ts when the richest people in this game couldn't even do that.
Exactly.

And you, before eternals, now have a mirror-worthy amulet.

Congratulations, you can offer service for your amulet and earn your exalts.

Doesn't it feel good to have a mirror-worthy item you made yourself? Oh wait... eternals exist. Aaah shit, my bad.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 8:23:06 PM
Before eternals - items like yours would be worth a lot.

If someone wanted the best amulet with the high amount of stats and life combined with res - they would 100% mirror it.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 8:32:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info