GGG's opinion on Mirror of Kalandra

Just posting to show 4xT1 rares do drop:

Ironically the only non T1 roll is the block & stun recovery (T3).
One day i will exalt that flat ES onto it... one day.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Aug 18, 2014, 8:37:58 PM
"
Alea wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Before eternals - items like yours would be worth a lot.

If someone wanted the best amulet with the high amount of stats and life combined with res - they would 100% mirror it.

i got many items like this btw,

for eternal i got idea => renamed into "Expense" orb: fill up a rare (with 3-5 affixes) item into a rare with 6 properties, and all added affixes are in highter tiers (t0-t3).

still goodly orb anyway...

I don't support anything that makes the effort to perfection easier really, should be an unattainable goal to make crafting interesting and always have a purpose.

Just removing it would do.

To your idea of the 4T1 - if a person got one would he sell or keep and gamble on exalts? He would 100% gamble on exalts and try become the one who could push the standard higher and higher. There would be zero incentive to sell it and let someone else get the mirror rights. 4T1s are rare enough that if they did happen to drop, he could just wait to get an exalt. Or two.

If that guy's shield rolled flat ES, pre-eternals - it would become mirror worthy. That's how you avoid monopolies.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 8:52:10 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
I don't support anything that makes the effort to perfection easier.

Not eternals, not mirrors.

Not your new orb which makes it easier as above.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 8:55:10 PM
Grinding Gear Games, please have mercy. Remove Eternals or Mirrors of Kalandra from the Aug-November temporary league.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
up
My solution: be able to mirror items off anyone you see. Why should you be limited in using it on your own items? Wreck the ability to profit insanely off of mirror service, leave the awesome ability that the mirror has -- if it drops, you get a BiS item.

Crafting will stop being a race to be the first person to publicly claim mirror-worthy status on your item type (and lock out competition because who wants to try to spend more than you on that item when they can go claim a different item's mirror worthiness instead) and start being about "what item type would be best for me to get?"

Edit for clarity: the only problem I see with mirrors/eternals/crafting is the monopoly-creating dynamic. Once someone publicly claims "MIRROR WORTHY ITEM X!" they effectively shut out competition for that slot. Competitors, being rational crafters, then know that there's an insanely good "ITEM X" out there, so instead of rolling "ITEM X" they roll "ITEM Y" instead. That way, they can be even more assured to achieve their own mirror-service monopoly on "ITEM Y".

The dynamic would, in theory, break down once most items have a "mirror worthy" incarnation and the only thing people could do is try to steal market-share, but in reality there are so many under-used item classes and "too expensive to craft" slots that this never happens.
Last edited by Sayyid on Aug 30, 2014, 1:09:38 PM
"
Alea wrote:
cool; another perfect item was released; mirror fee: 100 ex

cant wait for ggg opinion

ggg where are you ? we need you here ! woohooo ? :>

yup

the only way GGG tries to balance the game is nerfing builds and making many people quit the game instead of changing the most obvious things without making anyone unhappy ( or just 0,01% of players, "the super rich" )

and this way of balancing the game always fail because there is always an op build doing milions of dps so that everyone complains about it and screams for a so needed and deserved nerf
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Sep 1, 2014, 8:55:15 AM
"
Alea wrote:
"
"
Alea wrote:
cool; another perfect item was released; mirror fee: 100 ex

cant wait for ggg opinion

ggg where are you ? we need you here ! woohooo ? :>

yup

the only way GGG tries to balance the game is nerfing builds and making many people quit the game instead of changing the most obvious things without making anyone unhappy ( or just 0,01% of players, "the super rich" )

and this way of balancing the game always fail because there is always an op build doing milions of dps so that everyone complains about it and screams for a so needed and deserved nerf

dont bitch too much arround else you are losing some credibility...

about balance here's my point;

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1020858

note the new 100 ex fee item i was talking about is directly linked to this build :)

=> GGG, please tell give us opinion about mirrors & eternals ?

i am not, i have many mirrored items and i will probably buy the new hybrid wand in case it will be crafted
they wanted to nerf spectral throw, they did it, now there is a topic about nerfing daggers, there will always be something to be nerfed, there will always be a build that does 20x more dps than average people because of perfect items, this is the reality
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Sep 1, 2014, 9:22:56 AM
"
Alea wrote:
"

i am not, i have many mirrored items and i will probably buy the new hybrid wand in case it will be crafted
they wanted to nerf spectral throw, they did it, now there is a topic about nerfing daggers, there will always be something to be nerfed, there will always be a build that does 20x more dps than average people because of perfect items, this is the reality

it is crafted, read my post...

so go buy your mirrored item, pay the fee, and enjoy playing standard that way then... lol.

@GGG cant wait your point about Mirror of Kalandra....

try 6link shavronne, a 350-400pdps dagger without spell dmg, a shield with 60%spell dmg, auras, coe and rings/amulet not crafted with eternals.
im quite sure its dps will be at best slightly higher than many non low-life builds around

low life isn't the unbalance here

i changed my mirrored mf amulet with carrion braid amulet and gained 15% of dps on my old spectral throw, with everything mirrored isn't that hard to understand why low life it's so strong, but the op it's not low life itself, but the items
Saddest bit to me about these lowlife builds is how their amazing acuity nerf is.. making it rarer.

Seriously?

That's your solution?
Killed Core boss - lv93 Disfavour Cycloner - waiting for achievement to be fixed please..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info