GGG's opinion on Mirror of Kalandra

"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Alea wrote:
better; using mirror of kalandra create 2x mirrored copies and destroy the original :)
usefull for dual weilding or rings btw

Nah.

The sad thing about the mirror/eternal situation is that actually ->

There is zero way to fix it now that it's in the game. Zero way.

All that idea would do is create exclusivity. You can't remove mirrors or eternals anymore now that they are firmly rooted in the game.

GGG could change the mechanic for how mirrors work. Each time an item is mirrored a counter for that item could increase by one.
The stats the mirror copied could be slightly reduced for depending on how many times the item had been mirrored.

For instance: 1 copy no reduction. 2-4 copies reduce stats by 1. 6-9 copies reduce stats by 2-3. 10-14 copies reduce stats by 3-7 and so on.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
GGG could change the mechanic for how mirrors work. Each time an item is mirrored a counter for that item could increase by one.
The stats the mirror copied could be slightly reduced for depending on how many times the item had been mirrored.

For instance: 1 copy no reduction. 2-4 copies reduce stats by 1. 6-9 copies reduce stats by 2-3. 10-14 copies reduce stats by 3-7 and so on.

Nah. Again you're creating exclusivity.

Everyone who had mirrored items before the patch are just gunna lolololol at this and laugh as everyone else after them can't get items as good.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
I don't really care for mirrors either way and wouldnt flinch if they were removed, but........

It seems most of the people arguing about them seem to think it creates some sort of rich/poor divide, a monopoly, or has some negative effect on the economy.

Even if they were removed the rich would have their own monoply on the top like they do in any game with trading (or real life). If anything it would raise the price of the very top tier of items, making them even more RMT prone and creating an even bigger gap.

Then, with the top tier items skyrocketing in price, everything approaching top tier would also go up in price due to simple demand (since less people would be able to afford the top) and that would shoot the economic argument in the foot because apparently to 80% of the forum people who whine about the economy think inflation = broken economy.
Last edited by Splift on Aug 17, 2014, 6:41:03 PM
"
Alea wrote:

wtf "exclusivity" you are talking about ? 2 copies and original destroyed far better than the shit we actually have... lool.

Use brain first.

What about everyone else before your magic solution who got to mirror their items for free without any penalty?

They are going to permanently be in a better spot, have better items and laugh at everyone else who has to destroy their item to mirror it lmao.
"
Alea wrote:
well DalaiLama said it for me, it same than nerfing COE mechanics btw.

No, I don't need to explain this when GGG has already explained it.

CoE EVERYWHERE gets nerfed.

However, mirrored items are already everywhere, all you are doing is creating "legacy" mirrored items - which is the shittest idea I've ever heard of.

Don't give me "who cares about Standard" - 30% of the game plays Standard, GGG are not going to piss off 30% of their playerbase by making mirrored items legacy.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 17, 2014, 6:55:49 PM
Sadly stopping mirrors isn't the solution.

Because like I say it's already happened and thousands of mirrored items are floating around and would become LEGACY MIRRORED if any change to mirrors were made.

This would be an ever greater power-inbalance than there ever has been. First you have legacy uniques then you have legacy mirrored which is an evil TEN TIMES WORSE as they are a billion times rarer than uniques and far more powerful relatively.

If new affixes were introduced, no one would be able to mirror T1 new affix items and the old maybe "T2" mirrored items would still be far superior simply because even though they are 5% worse they are far more available.

If your system of mirroring was introduced, new affixes would solve nothing and still put power into the hands of people who had already mirrored pre-patch since they have the mirrored items and LOLOLOL you don't have the mirrored items.

Even if only a few people could get them, that's even worse. Concentrating the power of a few rare items into the hands of 1 or 2 people? Nice plan.

That's 100% the whole jist of it -> Any change would put power into the hands of people who had already mirrored. You can't do anything about that. New affixes solve nothing since you can't get them.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 17, 2014, 7:35:57 PM
"
Alea wrote:
- actual mirrored gear will be deprecated in time with new affixes, new rares with "T0" affixe even if not perfect would be close enough and everybody now would have a chance to drop (or lucky exalting) one.

Which is just completely wrong.

6T1 mirrored items would still be far superior to what anyone else could achieve with that amount of currency.

Take daggers for instance - Loath Bane costs about 5000 exalts to create (mathematically and in practice proven). Are you saying that everyone has 5000 exalts to create a new T0 Loath Bane? Even a non-perfect (say.. T0-1) would still cost 2000+ exalts.

If not, then everyone that mirrored Loath Bane before the patch has a PERMANENT ADVANTAGE. Legacy mirrored items.

Where else have we seen where a 200 ex item becomes 5000 ex item?

Spoiler
Legacy items.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 17, 2014, 8:14:36 PM
You miss the point 100%

Anything you can create, doesn't matter if 400 + is worse than previously mirrored items. They are still the #1, they are still the "mirror" items.

Doesn't change anything, no-one can still achieve the same as the legacy items.

"
Alea wrote:
Maybe for a long time the old rares may stay up but after few leagues alot of "unperfect" T0 could certainly override them.

Unless a lot of people just happen to 2000 exalts in their stash to burn, nah. It's romantic to dream of finding such perfect items but it's just a dream.

You don't get the scale of high-end crafting, my friend sunk around 400 exalts into a 3 stat ring and got nothing good, not even T2. Making a ring on average costs around 2000+ exalts, very few people will ever get to anywhere near a mirror ring, T0 stats change nothing.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 17, 2014, 8:47:13 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
lukeiy wrote:
My opinion is that it needs to go, for the sake of crafting.

2 months into a league, the effective value of a mirror is 100's-1000's of exalts if there is a crafted item available for service.

It will never go above the standard league price for mirrors.

2 months into Ambush it was ~100 ex with a few items available.

You misunderstood, I mean that for ~100 ex + fee you can gain an item worth 1000's of exalts. As long as the mirror is in the game, eternals and exalts must remain incredibly rare.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Mirrors turn BiS rares into uniques basically, just more expensive. They destroyed a big part of the game. However removing them at this point is definetely not a solution. What i think at this point would be best, is to release act 4 and so on, as PoE 2 without mirrors,better more desync proof code, and adressing all balance issues. I know, never gonna happen.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Aug 17, 2014, 10:39:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info