GGG's opinion on Mirror of Kalandra

The only solution, if mirrors are to be kept in the game, is to allow one copy of an item, then lock the source and duped item from further mirroring.

Items already exist, but GGG just needs to admit to their blunder and bring a stop to the madness of this rmt trap.
"
Alea wrote:
Im not "dreaming" you are putting statement about odds, like "2000 exalts" or "5000 exalts" but does this have any sense; since "T0" exists "T1" odds in drop are drastically increased...

No it's not, it's doubled. We could even say triple if you want T0 and T2 to balance out T1s. So do you have 2500 exalts or 1000 exalts? If not, mirrrored items are still better, the legacy.

There is honestly zero solution to mirrors now that they are in the game. Honest to god. Stopping mirrors can't fix anything but create a huge evil.

The only solution was just not to implement them in the first place.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 4:19:14 AM
"
Alea wrote:
100 ex last my last offer for good t0-t2 + master craft little dagger 400 dps
and not a mirrored one please ! ;)

- nerf mirrors
- add new affixes

5000 exalts for Loath Bane. 2000 exalts for a ring. Proven numbers.

Taking dagger ->
For better, chance is 2x greater - 2.5k exalts. T0-1
For equal, chance is 3x greater - 1.8k exalts for a dagger that's as good as Loath Bane. T0-2

Taking ring ->
For better, chance is 2x greater - 1k exalts.
For equal, chance is 3x greater - 700 exalts for a ring that's as good as Morbid Knuckle, Foe Eye.. etc.

Understand numbers now?

I don't care about 400 dps, that's dogshit - I want the best because legacy Loath Banes would exist with 550. And that's where the legacy mirrored items would rape that. Master crafting doesn't do affixes above T3, doesn't solve anything.

The old mirrored Loath Banes that was worth 250 exalts would be worth the same as a 1800 exalt dagger in your fun world. Legacy items.

I repeat - anyone who suggests nerfing mirrors or adding new affixes just doesn't understand what bullshit it would create.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 7:47:03 AM
"
Alea wrote:
Just do not involve so high numbers of perfect rolls since we both know unperfect but close will require far times less crafting currency ... And you didnt included the masters craft in that, meaning some ppl may achieve a very very good weapon with few exs + 1 master craft. aka starting from 4 good t0-t1 item, lucky or few exs to get 5 good prop, and then complete with t2 master crafting. add those in your equations ^-_-^

No. Because perfect items exist. And people will bitch that they can't get them.

Why? Legacy items exist. And people bitch that they can't get them.

It's exactly the same as legacy items - don't you see that? 250 exalt dagger becomes 1800 exalt dagger because you can't get them anymore.

Legacy shavs used to be 60 exalt, now 300 exalts because you can't get them anymore.

Master crafting is T3 or below and only adds one stat, it doesn't fucking matter - it doesn't add hybrid physical so you can't even use it to complete daggers. The game isn't gunna give you top-tier items for free, master crafting is only for budget items when mirrored exists. It has zero place in actual crafting except for "special" mods.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 9:46:03 AM
I couldn't care less about mirror stuff.

What i do care is how rare eternals are and that the ones using them (highend traders) will pay a lot for them.

I really wish there was a way to eternal an item but make it not tradeable, allowing for easier crafting for someone who wants to use the item (and not offer mirror service).
Right now it's a lot frustrating to get a hold of an eternal when they are at a 1:4 ratio.
But that is not gonna happen because economy.

Forsaken Masters are a step towards a good direction, i hope GGG implements more stuff that will allow for easier crafting for the players who do not wish to sell/mirror service their crafts in the future.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
GGG staff never shares information about the economy.

My guess is because they have no idea what the fuck is going on, and thus have nothing to add.

I would love to be proven wrong, though.

"
Chundadragon wrote:
master crafting is only for budget items.

this is false, and i'm surprised this is coming from you. you should 100% know better than to spout false crap like this. considering your supposed "experience"

you do not need a perfect dagger for anything. not needed at all, especially not in temp leagues. nobody EVER got a perfect dagger in Ambush. i think havok got one in invasion?

regardless, as an example, a perfectly serviceable ambusher looks something like this

100%+ ipd
+15 - 30 phys
+22% attack speed
+34% critical chance

this could be easily bench crafted, considering you can get up to +100% flat IPD as a single bench mod. that means if your dagger already even had just a 30% hybrid roll, you're looking at a 130% IPD dagger, which is pretty damn good. a dagger like that would have cost well over 50 exalts on Ambush, mid season (equivalent of ~100 standard exalts). Hardly a budget piece.

i doubt there were more than 10 - 20 daggers better than that in all of ambush.

so really, bench crafting can be used to finish off pieces that are quite strong.

Last edited by Veruski on Aug 18, 2014, 9:20:41 AM
Your assumption behind my argument is wrong, I do not talk about average gear and I do not talk of temp leagues where the mirror-issue is solvable somewhat by changing the rules.

In standard league where the mirror problem is concentrated, master crafting is budget crafting. Because you can mirror.

Make your argument to people who bitch about legacy items "you don't even need legacy items to do everything", they will still open shitloads of threads on the forums and whine about how they can never achieve the max - what you actually need it irrelevant to them.

Same thing will happen with high-tier mirror items.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 9:25:50 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
I do not talk about average gear

If the piece of gear is one of the top 10 - 20 pieces several months into a 4-month league, and is one of the most desirable item types (phys dagger) -- it's safe to say that it is not "average."

bench crafting will be used extensively, to create FANTASTIC items, items that would have cost 50+ exalts in Ambush.

those aren't "average" items. Maybe you need to look up what the word "average" means.
Last edited by Veruski on Aug 18, 2014, 9:26:51 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
I do not talk of temp leagues

The problem is an artefact of there ALREADY BEING high-end mirrored items available in a league which would become legacy if any fix to mirrors was made.

Average in Standard league, the mirror problem concerns the perm leagues so you should not bring Temp leagues in.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 18, 2014, 9:28:45 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
I do not talk of temp leagues

I sold a dagger like that for 75 exalts in Standard.

that's a chunk of a mirror.

here's something else you should know: if an item is worth 50+ exalts in Ambush, it's going to be worth a lot in Standard as well.

again, to educate you: bench crafting will be used to create fantastic items.
Last edited by Veruski on Aug 18, 2014, 9:29:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info