Lightning Buzzsaw CoC

"
oofymo1 wrote:
What would be the stats required on the dagger in order of most important?
Is it something like:
Crit chance
Attack speed
Spell damage
Global crit?

Conversely, what are the pros/cons of using dual wield versus a shield? I've been dual wielding just fine since I dropped double Ungil's and the most notable is just that there's no res from the shield. Is dual wielding better dps versus more survivability with a shield?

Yea basically crit and attack speed are most important together. It's easy to achieve a baseline dagger now by alting an ambusher for attack speed and adding crit from the master to make a "good enough" dagger.

Dualwielding is something I'd never though about or explored so I can't comment on that. I can't see it being worth dropping a shield for.

As for cyclone being the CoC trigger over ST, I'm sure that's better in a lot of situations but I don't think you could get around how dangerous it is for many others. Maybe it's something I'd have to try anyway.

e: Just tried cyclone out. Instantly reminded of how much I hate that skill. Just desynchy, clunky and feels bad. I understand a lot of people like it and use it but it's not my cup of tea at all. Plus yea it's way more dangerous.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Aug 27, 2014, 7:10:00 AM
How did you level?
Hey Mathil,

du you have some ideas with such a Dagger?
I guess it is to slow or the crit is not enough i guess?

But it will hit always or not?

@Syncness He postet a Video. Just use Freeze Puls.

Thx
Ghaos
@Lorkan

an ideal dagger i would say is a base that has 1.6 attack speed like the
level 60 base dagger named Ambusher like this one

I crafted this myself just by tranmuting, alting, auging, regaling and i plan to craft
crit chance on it with vagan's workbench

the idea of finding a good base dagger from vagan that has the RT prefix on it is interesting,
but i think crafting it would be a little bit harder if you dont augment attack speed on it.
IGN: Fumofu_Pendragon
Last edited by Diablo3IsBetter on Aug 27, 2014, 9:45:18 AM
I totaly with. The Base of this Dagger is much to poor.

But i was thinking about the "Hits cant be evaded".

(But at the moment iam writing this Post.
I am asking me. Is ST a Hit Attack?)

So maybe it is possible that "Hits cant be evaded" will roll on a Ambusher so that there is a higher speed.

And than crafting crit on it.

And take for example the Catarina Mod Leech lightning dmg.
"
Mathil wrote:
Truth be told, a low life shav version of this spec is actually stronger but after making it I decided to abort that mission because what good is a spec worth 100+ exalts when most can't afford it and I won't be able to use it for a while in the new leagues.

If you're looking for a challenge and still want to play around with low-life, you can always try to make it work with a Solaris Lorica. My low-life Arc build went up to 7.5K ES post-patch(used to be 6K), and my gear wasn't anything groundbreaking, most of it was only just reaching the level of good gear.

The nerf to quality on ES gear sucks, but there's also a lot more ES nodes you can grab, which if you plan accordingly can make up for it. You probably can't get away with taking as many ES nodes as my Arcer did, but I'd bet a Solaris Lorica could hit 6-6.5K ES and still take most of the crit and attack speed you have on your tree. At least that's my best guess at the numbers you'd hit, seeing as my Arcer could grab almost 300% ES(including INT), whereas you might be pushing it at 250%.

In either case, could be fun, and might be worth a try. In the end the life-based build will likely be better, but I just like playing around with budget low-life builds, and find it kind of fun.

I basically took your planned 1.2 tree, and removed the life nodes and replaced them with ES nodes, and found that hitting 6K ES with mediocre gear is quite possible. Although you can't use flasks, so some form of Leech will probably be necessary, Doryani's Invitation being the easiest way to get that sorted. On the plus side this tree gets the +1% Max Lightning Resist, so reflect is a little bit less worrisome. This planned tree's currently 3 points more than your's, not sure what to give up to fix that, but it's a neat starting point.
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA6QLfim0ZcFaQGxGWf8aaE9vUXfIOSKSRfjMTnow2tDjlGfv1RXyXlxa__5NR2bCScNWJ03BSY0Maj_ba-wkZipu1UzUPq8SilwYtg2Ja35iVyNN-JJ2HE5ykb56DCUyzLR9QMBEP215-r92M2V_gEo0ZdwdLrhsl2VsRUDW5pysdT0lR8NWVLgcee9eP-l9q2-dHBhEvKwq29x2q4YhGcS9v2RNwu-wYy73mgQdjDXzqurQMkycc3Emx18_5N--IuXyMC-ywNj3jhNDQIvRsCw2NJ6nDbVxrhEj316yYXyp0VQ==
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Aug 27, 2014, 12:30:45 PM
"

If you're looking for a challenge and still want to play around with low-life, you can always try to make it work with a Solaris Lorica. My low-life Arc build went up to 7.5K ES post-patch(used to be 6K), and my gear wasn't anything groundbreaking, most of it was only just reaching the level of good gear.

Could be worth a shot. Getting CoC colours on lorica might be a pain.

The leech problem is solved for the most part on low life with blood rage because at 20/20 you get I believe 10% phys leech and 2% from the tree giving you 12%. All you need then is just a little phys on your dagger.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
"
Mathil wrote:
"

Could be worth a shot. Getting CoC colours on lorica might be a pain.

The leech problem is solved for the most part on low life with blood rage because at 20/20 you get I believe 10% phys leech and 2% from the tree giving you 12%. All you need then is just a little phys on your dagger.

Yeah, at least with a Shav's you can just use the 3 Green option from Vorici and have it in one shot if you wanted. I did almost get it with my 5L Solaris in Standard, by tossing random chromes at it for a different build, but that red socket is a bit of a bummer, maybe if I try something silly like CoC GMP Molten Strike, but missing out on Multistrike on a melee skill's rough. Oh well, still has the potential to be fun, and that's always been my real goal.
So I've updated my passive tree on the front page to what I've ended up speccing. I've struggled this league to up my crit chance to a decent amount so I decided to take some further crit nodes and it's working out really well. Since lightning spells got buffed to 5% crit it works out well for those too. This way I'm more of a general spell build than a specific one so I can sub in cold spells like freezing pulse and they'll be just as effective.
Is it possible to use this build with Scion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info