Lightning Buzzsaw CoC

THoughts on this dagger?? is it too slow, also does the spell crit work as it should?
I'm assuming the witch tree is critical for the mana pool? If you don't pick up elemental nodes it seems like it's offensively a wasted area.
I really like this build, however I opted to go with dual wielding daggers, since I'm playing standard anyway;

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAAAYI9AqbDkgPqxGWE54UsBX2Fr8ZiiSdJpUppS2DNj1E-0V8Sn1MLU4qUzVVS1uvXfJh4mJaYnljQ2egakNrF2yMbRltN21sb55wUnBWcNV3B3jrfjN_xoIegwmHE4d2idOMNpAblSCVyJcGl5eaE5u1nKSdqqKjpJGwkrQ4vOrAVMHzwzrEospK037bC9vU3Q3fmOUZ5wrvevv1_MX9YP-TGNvBi4FBNe9ttDrtZAk744ooEQ_bXlAwrJh0VevkXyqD21XGOljpAv6zVyu9gt-KpcvT_FywCVjbp7ZBY3A0k-_jvqdaGmKscHIDhxut

Gear:

Spoiler

For early levels 1-60 (before you get a 6-link) I recommend using dual strike to quickly take down yellows and uniques. With power charges, frenzy and alot of cc you can easily take down yellows, ...

I'm at roughly 90% cc with power charges up.
Last edited by sklipnoty on Aug 28, 2014, 1:13:48 PM
Is this build viable for HC leagues?
This is amazing. Leveled with spell echo and ball lightning in a tabula until about 60 and switched over. On my way to ondar's.
IGN: tumbotwo
How do you kill single targets? Bosses and some rares takes like 3-4 minutes to kill if there is no pack nearly.
Level 60 Progress: Running a 5L with Arc/Lightning Ball

I clear packs perfectly well but feel incredibly weak against any decent rares and can't even imagine going up against a unique / piety / dom.

Not sure whats going to change between now and then that will make single target possible but I'm hoping something will heh.

Also feel really really squishy....working on gear etc but my resists are all fine so I guess just focusing on HP/evade? Not sure on that either.

edit: I should add that if I put in a leveled freeze pulse my single target damage is viable. Not sure what to do with that information but there it is :)
Last edited by gildash on Aug 29, 2014, 12:09:47 AM
Seems like some of you are swapping over to CoC Way earlier than you normally would.
IGN: Invections
Hey Guys,

iam 75 build is very, very nice, is fast makes fun and plays great.
But i have a lot of Problems with desync. Iam from Germany my ping is good, my Internet Connect is fine.
But i died most of the time because my sync is not correct. Iamout of dangerzone and i will still see my red bubble falling.

Do you have the same Problems?

Here my tree and my gear.
btw i had my coc switch at 69 everything else is to early.

Spoiler
My Gear

And my Tree is still growing.
Next levels for eva and life.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAv4EBwSxB2MI9AqbDkgPqxGWFr8ZiiP2JJ0k_SaVKgstHy2DMHxCw0V8TGBMs02SUDBRR1HZUzVVS1XGVytd8l8qYeJiWmNDakNrF20Zb55wUnBWcNV3B3jrfyt_xoIegwmD24cTidOMNo19kBuVIJXIlwaXl5oTm7WcpKKjo4qwkrQ4vOq9gsBUwfPDOsSiykrLvdN-1orbC9vU34Tfit-Y5RnnCudU6QLr5O4O73rz6vv1_rP_kw==

So far good crit
Currently I'm level 72 and am really enjoying this build. I thought I'd share my experience to date; hopefully some will find this useful.

* Don't level as Spectral Throw. I made this mistake and had an awful time. My damage was terrible until I started running both Wrath and Anger, but with both Wrath and Anger up I couldn't run Grace or a high enough Clarity to support a decent Arctic Armor. I had no defense at all except DPS and running away until I switched to CoC at level 69. Needless to say, leveling was challenging.

* I've been running a 6-link COC as follows: ST - GMP - CoC - PCoC - Ice Spear - Freezing Pulse. For me, placing Power Charge on Crit in my 6-link made things much easier. I tried the separate ST-GMP-Faster Casting-PCoC 4-link to generate power charges but this seemed to go much too slowly. I found myself spending too much time casting my 4-link to build up charges and my DPS suffered. Also, I occasionally wasn't fast enough switching from my 6-link back to my 4-link and sometimes lost all my power charges in the middle of a battle.

* If you haven't tried Poacher's Mark I highly recommend that you do. I've got Poacher's Mark linked as follows: Ball Lightning-GMP-Curse on Hit-Poacher's Mark. To start a battle I cast Ball Lighting which puts Poacher's Mark up on most/all mobs. Next, I switch to my 6-link CoC. In no time I've got 6 power charges and, thanks to Poacher's Mark, 3 Frenzy Charges! The ensuing frenzy-driven CoC onslaught is simply awesome. And, since I'm using cold spells, most mobs end up frozen, doing no damage to me. This helps a lot since I skipped most of the survival nodes in order to get the power charge nodes (my defense is, shall we say, sketchy at this point). But frozen mobs do no damage, LOL.

Anyhow, thanks Mathil for sharing your build with us. I'm having a blast - this is the most fun-to-play build I've yet to try.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Aug 29, 2014, 5:04:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info