My life for PoE!
"
Nighus wrote:
"
txfirefighter wrote:
PoE for life!

My life for PoE!

My life for Aiur!
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Nov 21, 2014, 1:53:25 PM
I played D3 for a while, and i agree that it is fun until you hit that gearwall.

There are few things in that game that gets me mad:

1. every class have ~15 skills and every skill has 5 runes, BUT if you want to use what ever you like to play, you are probably stuck in Torment1, or even lower.
Why they don't want to balance these is beyond my understanding.

2. the weird difficulty, if you play on normal/hard(this feels closest to PoE for me), you 1-3-shot everything but monsters do nothing to you.
And when you play Torment3+, it's up to your gear to keep you alive, but monsters have insane amount of HP and killing stuff is slow and boring and gets my blood boiling... :D

3: crit/critmulti, even with perfect gear/weapon and legentary gems, your damage sucks(and it really sucks bad) without proper amount of crit... there is just no way around this.
d:-D*
Pretty sure there's no D3 "Build of the Week." =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
great bait u caught a lot of fish,
Last edited by qwertazx on Nov 21, 2014, 2:09:42 PM
"
morbo wrote:
"
majesw wrote:
I hope these answer your questions. It's always tempting to go on a huge rant about why I prefer PoE to D3, but I'll break it down to 2 very simple things.
1. I feel there is more to accomplish once my character is geared in PoE.
2. In D3 I only look at legendary items. Everything else is ignored. PoE items are more interesting.

Thanks for the feedback.

I dont expect much from D3 and from what I've read about it, PoE is the better game. But I'm currently burned out on PoE and D3 might be a nice filler... waiting for Act 4 with some concrete content (fingers crossed for more stuff like Atziri).

PoE uniques are indeed interesting from the itemization pov, but rares are meh... Playing the highest maps, everything drops, all bases, all affix tiers... truckloads upon truckloads of vendor junk, with all the permutations possible, before you find the base you want with the stats you want (which are in most cases known & obligatory for each gear type).

Yeah, a lot of people feel that way and favor D3 I suppose. I like knowing I can drop a valuable rare, or even white item, but others like it streamlined. Just player preference. RoS is pretty fun. Definitely don't feel back about spending 40 bucks on it. Still a little disappointed with the direction Blizzard took though. If they had made different choices I doubt PoE would still exist.
"
Itsthepolice wrote:

PoE is the best game ever.

We know <3. Thanks.
GGG - Why you no?
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Pretty sure there's no D3 "Build of the Week." =^[.]^=

actually, there is ;) oops they call it theorycraft thursdays though

E:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16860238/capicorps-icepick-assassin-monk-11-20-2014

Lots has changed since RoS :)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Nov 21, 2014, 4:37:50 PM
I missed the RoS sale when it was like 20 bucks
if it goes on sale again Ill buy it and enjoy a week or two of play.
"
morbo wrote:
I'd like to know how progression in D3 feels like.

* It's combat mostly gear-check or skill-check?
* its playing on higher difficulty setting worthwhile? Does it matter / feels rewarding?

As I understand it difficulty scales with your char level, but you can tweak it with additional settings.

Note that I'm not looking much for build diversity (can play PoE for that) or great itemization (which kinda sucks in PoE too). Just ARPG combat where playing difficult content hopefully matters and defeating it gives you more satisfaction.

I recently took a short break from PoE and went back to D3 cause I learned they implemented seasons. I only have D3 vanilla (D3V). I have not purchased RoS.
- It's 100% gear check.
- To me, skill choice basically determines what your attacks look like, with no real consequence on my playstyle or tactics.

I've played all archetypes and they all 'feel' the same, regardless of gearing. I assign a:
a) A resource generator
b) A mobility skill
c) A crowd control skill
d) A primary damage dealer skill
e) A DoT (or whatever your personal choice to combine with the primary damage dealer is)
f) A curse or a defensive skill (personal choice)

Itemization/gear progression boils down to this:
Does the item have my primary stat + vitality bigger than what I'm currently using?
If no, trash. If yes, does it have +crit damage/chance? If no, trash. If yes, equip.
Legendaries are a joke. 1 in 10 actually have a special/unique mechanic. 9 in 10 are simply items that have a predefined primary stat or two.

I admit I do enjoy the fluid combat and ragdoll physics.
Rolling through skills can get into a nice 'rhythm' or flow, and that is the one thing PoE still really lacks, is the ability to evoke a feeling of dancing from one mob to the next mob...

My experience with harder difficulties is it just makes it feel more grindy. It doesn't get harder. It just takes longer for things to die. The problem as mentioned by a poster above is that at a certain point, drops get stale unless you progress to a higher difficulty.

And yeah, as reluctant as I am to give Actiblizz any more of my money, I am kicking myself a little for not doing the 50% sale on RoS in October, as it added an additional mode where you don't have to play the quest line, and you can 'craft' items by rerolling an affix on found items.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info