Diablo 3 is dead - Blizzard confirmed

I think PoE is better than D3. I could play D3 but why? It has turned into a simplistic ARPG, that has nowhere near the diversity of D2. PoE though is for the thinking man. I long for the days of more complicated games with more choice. Poe gives that, a chance to make a new meta build or to go in directions that defy reason. Choice is yours..

D3 is like WoW. They dumbed down WoW after TBC and they have dumbed down Diablo. Blizzard used to cater to the complex, now it's for the simpleton.
Holy necro thread Batman
I dont see any any key!
"
candoerfer wrote:
I wonder why everybody on this forum has to hate D3. Why can't this two games exist together in peace?

Most people only know to follow , there are few that can lead . I hope I helped a bit .
Hey, sry for resurrecting this (it's the least old of D3 threads and I don't wanna start a new one)

I'd like to ask those who seriously played D3, how's progression difficulty/reward wise in that game?

I never played D3, just checked the demo when it came out. The reason is that when I heard about the AH (& RMAH), I knew that the looting experience will have to be gutted in favour of trading. So I stayed away.

Now, PoE is a nice game, a great game actually, but the difficulty/reward is totally messed up. 99% of the time you are better off doing faceroll grind, which has almost the same chance to reward you as more difficult content. It gets "path of least resistance" type of boring, where playing more difficult content has a too marginal benefit, over RNG bruteforcing faceroll one. The only exception to this is Atziri, which has a proper difficulty/reward ratio (and its an awesome fight on top of that), but she's just a tiny percent of the whole game.

I fully expect the next race seasons to suck like SE09 and I'm not interested in PvP at all, so it's time to check other stuff.

-------------------

I'd like to know how progression in D3 feels like.

* It's combat mostly gear-check or skill-check?
* its playing on higher difficulty setting worthwhile? Does it matter / feels rewarding?

As I understand it difficulty scales with your char level, but you can tweak it with additional settings.

Note that I'm not looking much for build diversity (can play PoE for that) or great itemization (which kinda sucks in PoE too). Just ARPG combat where playing difficult content hopefully matters and defeating it gives you more satisfaction.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Hey, sry for resurrecting this (it's the least old of D3 threads and I don't wanna start a new one)

I'd like to ask those who seriously played D3, how's progression difficulty/reward wise in that game?

I never played D3, just checked the demo when it came out. The reason is that when I heard about the AH (& RMAH), I knew that the looting experience will have to be gutted in favour of trading. So I stayed away.

Now, PoE is a nice game, a great game actually, but the difficulty/reward is totally messed up. 99% of the time you are better off doing faceroll grind, which has almost the same chance to reward you as more difficult content. It gets "path of least resistance" type of boring, where playing more difficult content has a too marginal benefit, over RNG bruteforcing faceroll one. The only exception to this is Atziri, which has a proper difficulty/reward ratio (and its an awesome fight on top of that), but she's just a tiny percent of the whole game.

I fully expect the next race seasons to suck like SE09 and I'm not interested in PvP at all, so it's time to check other stuff.

-------------------

* its playing on higher difficulty setting worthwhile? Does it matter / feels rewarding?

As I understand it difficulty scales with your char level, but you can tweak it with additional settings.

Note that I'm not looking much for build diversity (can play PoE for that) or great itemization (which kinda sucks in PoE too). Just ARPG combat where playing difficult content hopefully matters and defeating it gives you more satisfaction.

Last I played the gear progression is purely purest RNG. Playing in higher difficulties, higher grifts is just a pure damage check (gear check) and no, it doesn't feel rewarding at all.

If you never played it you'll get a week or two out of it probably though, combat is pretty smooth and flashy.
D3 died with the first nerf to inferno.

Blizzard are just fucking slow at realizing it, as usual :)
"
morbo wrote:

-------------------

I've been playing a lot of Diablo 3 lately. I have a Crusader who is almost paragon 200 and a seasonal wizard around paragon 100.

Combat is nearly 100% gear check. The reason for this is that you take unavoidable damage at times which means either your gear handles it or you die. On the other hand, dying means zilch unless you're progressing through greater rifts (then it's just losing time)

Playing on higher difficulties is a must. You HAVE to play torment one to drop your class set. Most of the builds in the game revolve around obtaining these sets. I obtained the complete set for my Crusader in about 2 weeks through playing and "gambling". My wizard has one piece of the wizard set. So you can see the game is highly RNG dependent...

I hope these answer your questions. It's always tempting to go on a huge rant about why I prefer PoE to D3, but I'll break it down to 2 very simple things.
1. I feel there is more to accomplish once my character is geared in PoE.
2. In D3 I only look at legendary items. Everything else is ignored. PoE items are more interesting.
"
majesw wrote:
I hope these answer your questions. It's always tempting to go on a huge rant about why I prefer PoE to D3, but I'll break it down to 2 very simple things.
1. I feel there is more to accomplish once my character is geared in PoE.
2. In D3 I only look at legendary items. Everything else is ignored. PoE items are more interesting.

Thanks for the feedback.

I dont expect much from D3 and from what I've read about it, PoE is the better game. But I'm currently burned out on PoE and D3 might be a nice filler... waiting for Act 4 with some concrete content (fingers crossed for more stuff like Atziri).

PoE uniques are indeed interesting from the itemization pov, but rares are meh... Playing the highest maps, everything drops, all bases, all affix tiers... truckloads upon truckloads of vendor junk, with all the permutations possible, before you find the base you want with the stats you want (which are in most cases known & obligatory for each gear type).
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Nov 21, 2014, 11:58:21 AM
D3 is fun until you get to the end game. The end-game was finding the best exploit that you can to max gold/xp per hour and run that over and over. Then they added rifts and shit in RoS. You open a rift and complete it and you do that over and over. The end game for D3 will probably never be any good unfortunately.

You asked if progression is a gear check or skill? You are 100% gear dependent, you can literally only be as good as the gear you have. You cannot dodge any attacks with skill, even melee monsters start winding up their melee hit and you can run across screen and then they will land the hit, it's retarded.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
You can't compare a pc game to a console game.
You might as well be comparing poe to cod for all I care.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info