Diablo 3 is dead - Blizzard confirmed

Recent Q2 2014 earnings call confirmed what the PoE fans have been saying for almost 2 years.

"There have been over 20 million copies of Diablo III sold, counting both the base game and Reaper of Souls."

"Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, top-selling PC game of 2014, YTD"

Its only an increase of +6 Million copies since the last Quarter.

Diablo 3 is oficially dead. No-one buys copies anymore let alone play the game.

The only ones playing D3 are bots to farm gold and items to sell on 3th party websites even now that items are account-bound.

On the other hand the magnificence of PoE has no boundaries. According to SteamCharts a whooping average of 4k players play the game concurrently on a daily basis.
And on a economy driven game which is also free-to-play ..such things as bot accounts do not exist. All the PoE players that are counted on the charts are genuine unique players.

A huge overcomplicated passive tree is what determines the sucess of an ARPG experience.

PoE is the best game ever.
Last edited by Itsthepolice on Aug 6, 2014, 8:31:32 AM
Wut
IGN- Shaeyaena
We really don't give a shit.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Itsthepolice wrote:
Recent Q2 2014 earnings call confirmed what the PoE fans have been saying for almost 2 years.

"There have been over 20 million copies of Diablo III sold, counting both the base game and Reaper of Souls."

The only ones playing D3 are bots to farm gold and items to sell on 3th party websites even now that items are account-bound.

On the other hand the magnificence of PoE has no boundaries. According to SteamCharts a whooping average of 4k players play the game concurrently on a daily basis.
And on a economy driven game which is also free-to-play ..such things as bot accounts do not exist. All the PoE players that are counted on the charts are genuine unique players.

A huge overcomplicated passive tree is what determines the sucess of an ARPG experience.

I like Poe, I'm looking forward to the new expansion :)
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
PoE for life!
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
lukeiy wrote:
I like Poe, I'm looking forward to the new expansion :)
"
Itsthepolice wrote:

Did it hurt when you got #rekt? Also, seems like another trade-hate thread. MEH, you guys are so boring :-V Get creative, I dunno, desync-threads again maybe?

Nobody cares for numbers. D3 is easier to get into, thus it gets more players. U mad brah? We're not. Get back to your beloved game, mane.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Aug 6, 2014, 8:39:08 AM
Not sure what your point is, 6 million copies sold seems like a decent enough number. Though i honestly do not care, they chose their path of gaming style, and i will not support it, IMO they ruined that franchise, and i will hold a grudge on Blizzard for that. So i no longer give a demons tit on what they do, or how well they are doing.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
This argument comes down to player base. The general gamer and youth of the day today fits into the I WANT IT NOW category, while those of us who played games in the 90's or before appreciate games with complexity and depth. OP is a prime example of thinking more is better, and I would expect nothing less.

Enjoy whatever game you're playing!
The shittiest newspapers have the most readers, the shittiest tv shows get millions and millions of viewers while good ones get canceled, the shittiest books are being read by the masses, the shittiest food is being shoved into the mouths of oh so many ... but wait! There is one shining beacon of hope, the one and only exception to this: Diablo 3, the best game under the sun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info