August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #3

AWESOME! :D
Now... Please give some big thing in expansion :D.
Last edited by MrAks on Jul 29, 2014, 4:46:21 PM
plz no drop down or roll-over menu button. we are not playing this on a smartphone or tablet.

"
The old statues have been restored. We still intend to remove them in favour of ones that cover less of the health/mana orbs, but have moved this to a longer-term change. The new statues will have a classical Roman look that better fits with long term stylistic goals.

WTF. I don't want no roman classical look. I want the girls how they are. I, as a customer should have a say. I spend close to 400$ on the game.

...long term stylistic goals....

...your long stylistic goals is to listen to the community and try to do as they say, of course, as long it's within reason.

Everyone wants the girls back, you bring them back but advise that they will go at one point. Well guess what. I don't want them to do.
"
Durentis wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
The old statues have been restored. We still intend to remove them in favour of ones that cover less of the health/mana orbs, but have moved this to a longer-term change.

I'm glad the "old statues" have been restored but I'm very disappointed at your disregard for them. These aren't just eye candy, they're an iconic part of PoE. They've been there for as long as I've been here if not the beginning. They're a part of most every screenshot, video, and stream created to date. They're more than a "Legacy Item". They're a part of your brand.

Changing them goes well beyond incremental graphics updates. Beyond creating a new socket design for the colour blind. Beyond messing with previously dropped item when rebalancing (which you won't do). And I think you can see this given the swift outrage in the earlier thread and your equally swift, but still unacceptable in my opinion, response.

Changing them to fit in with current/future themes seems to me a very poor reason to ever alter them. How do you wish you altered them to fit in with SotV? I didn't expect or hope for a change or find them out of place. Did many?

Suggesting that they take up too much of the orb is absolutely ridiculous.. we've been more than managing just fine. They are not a significant obstruction. I'm not sure how you could argue that they're an obstruction at all. If you want to talk obstructions, your change to make the energy shield stretch far across the health globe for non-CI builds created an extreme obstruction in cases where you have low health and are taking chaos damage - that obstruction, you guys didn't really care about.

As for changing them because of some feedback (I assume regarding treating/portraying women poorly), I also feel this is a terrible reason. Any rational person ought to know that their presence does not condone such treatment and anyone offended by them are welcome to play another game not described as a dark fantasy. Unless you edit it all out to make it playable by a six-year-old, this game has mature and unethical or shocking things in it and it always will.

When I saw Rhys' "ikr" post, I hoped it was a joke and/or an internal privilege to test with a modded interface. When you mentioned that teaser screenshots were altered to edit out current elements, I got worried. When I saw your earlier teaser screenshot, I was disgusted - definitely not anywhere near feeling excited for 1.2. In fact, I hoped that your timer would freeze indefinitely - yes, no more content your UI change is that bad.

---

The statues aside, even this interface screenshot is lacking.

The greyscale in the teaser screenshot does look alright except for the flask section. The black half-moons and the large black areas at the top look absolutely terrible. Even just a solid light pattern for them to line up in would probably look a great deal better. Do they really need visually deep slots to fit into when they're not all shaped the same?

If you're going to have a greyscale UI, why are the menu and shop buttons not also greyscale? Why are they different colours? Why are the buttons not transparent to help blend in with the interface? Why are the buttons on different sides of the interface? Why are there bubbly gems on cast silver?

---

I'm sure you have a massive list, if you choose to keep one, of every option people ask for but if ever you implement one this would be it. Your existing UI appearance is awesome. (Well, the lower bit.. the inventory popout tab could use some love.)

You've surely weathered the worst of whatever storm there can be with regards to these statues ages ago. Why change them now? If it's for a particular locale's laws, please make the change locale-specific. I can't see how multiple UI's could be a significant burden to maintain.

I dunno Chris.. there are certainly far more pressing things to be concerned with as a player, but I look on the UI teasers and the decisions behind them in shock and disappointment.

Thank you for your well-written post, Durentis. Posting again in case others didn't read it earlier.
"

Please this. Points have its own icon you know. Similar SHOP buttons are in all cheap p2w games...

This looks SO much better than a big green tacky "SHOP" button. If GGG is worried that it's still too subtle, make it glow *really* bright with a mouse hover so people will be compelled to press it and give GGG their monies.
"

Please this. Points have its own icon you know. Similar SHOP buttons are in all cheap p2w games...

this is good stuff. GGG please apply.
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Anybody notice how far zoomed out the screen is? Please tell me we will be able to zoom out farther now, especially those of us on a larger screen.

Hmm, now that you say it it does seem zoomed out a bit more... or maybe its an optical illusion due to the fact there's so much more space in the bottom with new UI?
You also made me notice... where is that waypoint? seems like slums but slums has no wp...

I read a few times that there would be more space with that UI... ehm... no! Open a few teaser-pics and compare, it the very same outline than before.

About zoom: I am pretty sure that it has to do with camera position. Cam is located "upstairs", looking down one level. If the Char moves north a bit, the camera will "fall down" to the lower level and you get the usual zoom.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
GGG is able to move the camera as they want. Even in 3rd Person view....

Well whatever
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
My 2 scroll fragments:

The new arrow button doesn't fit at all. Notice how it is a different, lighter yellow than the original buttons' copper hue. It also has a different "shine" overlay. So either you redo the art for the other buttons to fit with the arrow, or you make the arrow fit with the old ones.
Also, a frame around the popup window would be nice.

The flask slots make no sense. The old ones at least looked like proper holes/sockets/whatever, these ones look like... meh. I'm curious how an empty flask slot looks, but I doubt it would change my impression.

The worst of all is the new color scheme. Looks like someone just slapped a grayscale effect on top of the old UI and called it a day. Feels cheap and doesn't fit. The old color scheme fits with the inventory and character screen color scheme as well as with the loading screens. Are you planning to give them the grayscale treatment too?

That being said, I don't understand what's the big deal with the statues. Whenever I want to look at naked ladies in chains I have the power of Google at my fingertips.

What we could have got: A resize-able chat window; local/global/trade/PM chat tabs; proper integration for life/mana/ES numeric values; a proper, separated indicator for ES.

What we got: 2 buttons; grayscale.

I am disappoint.
http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/03/grinding-gears-wilson-talks-f2p-ethics-in-path-of-exile/

"WE'VE BEEN CAREFUL WHEN DESIGNING THE GAME SO THERE'S NO PAYING FOR GAME CONTENT OR ADVANTAGE IN THE GAME", he explained. "WE'VE PURPOSEFULLY DIVORCED ANY GAME MECHANICS FROM THE MONETIZATION."
I don't comment much but must say im not keen on the shop and menu buttons, way too clean and WOW/diablo for me, much prefer a dark gritty feel. The suggestion to use the micro transaction currency symbol instead of shop was good I thought. Also I like the current statues as I use them to gauge my levels - easier when you have references around the edge than plain globes. Also thought the flask area was a bit minimalist, prefer a little grit and detail in my games, minimalist is boring!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info