August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #3

"
Eyesonme wrote:
Dear GGG

Since you mentioned about immersion, I have to agree that the "$" was a bit out of place, but at least it is barely noticeable.

Now you have replaced it with "SHOP" and added the word "MENU" which are much worse than the "$" symbol. you don't have to use the "$" symbol you have a perfectly fine POE points symbol to use.

since you are simplifying the "menu" why don't you just fit the micro button underneath it. and remove the word "MENU" as if people will miss that giant arrow.

hope you could reconsider.

Honestly, they could just remove the giant arrow, and put the word MENU on the massive button. It's not like people should be confused as to where the menu shows up or what it is after they click the big MENU button. Giant arrow... what purpose does it server? Am I missing something, or was this just not thought through very much?
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Last edited by b15h09 on Jul 29, 2014, 3:53:17 PM
jesus, chris, in dropout menu under options, make "menu" so you can actually open the mouse with the mouse and i can for fucks sake, finally remove my emergency logout ahk script off my desktop that turns my middle mousebutton into a logout button.....

or better, if you single click the menu you get to the menu. if you click and drag, you get the dropdownmenu. and please get a better symbol that arrow looks crap.
Keep the girls or RIOT!
"
Starball wrote:

Some UI tips:

* option to turn of friend offline/online notifications
* resizable chat
* resizable group portraits (I really don't care that much if they are on low health or not, I can't heal them anyway)
* Make the next chat channels: Global, and for Trade make the next channels: Armor / Weapons / Gems / Currency / jewelry . imo this would greatly increase user friendliness for trade instead of the random cluttered spam as it is now. Each channel can have different numbers. So instead of Trade 1, Trade 2, TRade 3, you can go check at Armor 1, Armor 2, etc etc.

I like your UI change suggestions. Especially the option to turn off friend notifications, this has been asked for SO many times. It's especially annoying in races when everyone is muling like crazy.
i liked the new statues, there was a dude in there, and a curvy ass girl. and believe it or not, chicks actually play this game, and old ppl, and not everyone is het (in response to whoever said "makes the game more hetrosexual" - wtf!! - lmao). i don't actually give a rat about the statues, just noticing all the bias in ppls assumptions of what makes something good.

more seriously re: the UI revamp
Perhaps you are making room for a HELP menu for the newbies!!
that would be well worth an update regardless of fine-tuning artistic style and layout.
new player retention!!

enough of the QQ over UI

More on the new NPC's!!
I am the stone that the builder refused.
~~~~~

"
LonePuppet wrote:
i liked the new statues, there was a dude in there, and a curvy ass girl. and believe it or not, chicks actually play this game, and old ppl, and not everyone is het (in response to whoever said "makes the game more hetrosexual" - wtf!! - lmao). i don't actually give a rat about the statues, just noticing all the bias in ppls assumptions of what makes something good.

Eh... when the devs have to point out the one on the left is female, it's bad art design. The 'curvy ass girl' is more of a vaguely humanoid lump.

Besides that, does anyone, female, aged, or otherwise, want to look at some old dude with his knackers barely hidden and a posture ready for a pounding?
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
LonePuppet wrote:

more seriously re: the UI revamp
Perhaps you are making room for a HELP menu for the newbies!!
that would be well worth an update regardless of fine-tuning artistic style and layout.
new player retention!!

enough of the QQ over UI

More on the new NPC's!!

The help menu should have an in game manual.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"

Please this. Points have its own icon you know. Similar SHOP buttons are in all cheap p2w games...

Gotta throw my +1 on this. Doesn't break immersion at all like the word 'shop' would.

+1 this seems the ideal change to make. Then again it doesn't bother me either way. I hardly noticed the changes when the first UI was put out. GGG should do what ever they feel they want the game to represent. It is their baby.
I fell in love with this game back in closed beta due to the bold artstyle and the gritty theme. It didn't pull its punches and I think that removing the girls thanks to a vocal minority is detrimental to the game.

The old girls were good, they immediately gave you a feeling of an oppressive atmosphere and fit well stylistically with the old school vibe the game had.

The muted colours aren't quite as good, I think the gold offsets the darkness of the atmosphere and it works well.

Maybe have some updated pictures of the girls that are more around the outside of the orbs, not draped right across them. The less obstructions on the playing screen the better.

Please don't change the actual UI buttons, they are perfect as is right now. They don't intrude and they are easily accessible. Drop down menus are just more steps to get to the same destination.
Community feedback leading to instant changes? This is why I love GGG and why I have no patience anymore with other game companies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info