August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #3

"
The new menu button has been improved.

Looks ok.

"
The shop button now fits in better with the rest of the UI and doesn't stand out so much. The reason it's wider now is because the dollar sign was immersion-breaking and didn't localise well into other languages.

I would prefer having the Shopbutton inside the Menu-Rider. I hate being remembered that $$$$$ exists when I'm playing. It turns me off completly. You are not in need of such actions GGG. I will buy things from your store when I feel I want to support the game/company. And that happens if the content/support is good. A shop button does the opposite for me, it makes me feel there are money greedy bastards behind it. And you really aren't of that kind. So please move it and keep your non-aggressive business.

"
The old statues have been restored. We still intend to remove them in favour of ones that cover less of the health/mana orbs, but have moved this to a longer-term change. The new statues will have a classical Roman look that better fits with long term stylistic goals.

What? The statues already cover almost nothing of the orbs. It looks just fine the way it is, keep it.

"
The redundant word "Screen" has been removed from most menu options.

ok.
G support on clarity? What could it be? New Support for auras?
Spoiler
Galvanise, Gathering, Garrison, Gauzing, Gemini, Generative, Genteel, Genuine, Ghosting, Gigantic, Giveaway, Gleaning, Glooming, Glorify, Glossing, Gooing, Graced, Granulate, Grotesque, Gruesome, Gutsy
So the guy holding the 2-handed mace with 1 hand must be a cousin of:

?

... but he has Kuato's brother coming out the back?

✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
This looks a way better than the first teaser shot but I still don't like text being added to the UI, why a big menu button AND text?

What Iromizu made with the coin symbol is what you GGGGs (GGGGuys) should think of solves als the problems with thr "$".

And then there are the falsk slots...don't really fit at the moment!
keep the statues, they are awesome
ign: EB_CI
GGG, dont change the UI just to cater to the vocal minorities. If you are done with the Mana/Life Booborbs, change because it will be better, not to appease some whiteknights with too much time on their hands.

That said, I must say that the current UI changes, IMO, aren't good. The general feeling of the new buttons is cheap, labels are too big, and hear me out, there's no need for the MENU label, the same way we don't need the PLAY label below the sideways triangle on your mp3 player. This kind of detail is what makes a tight and neat UI.

Anyway, what I really wanted to see implemented are new functionalities, not just cosmetic changes to the current UI. We need proper filtering at the social window, we need decimals on our XP hovering info (ex:8,3%), we need a search tool for the stash, we need a lot of things, Chris. Hire me and I will move all the way from Brazil to Kiwi land and build the best UI you have ever seen ;)
Saying 'Menu' and 'shop' on the new UI really makes this hard core game that does not hold your hand feel really dumb down.
Also, the new menu button doesn't feel right. I actually liked the previous buttons, nevermind the fact I never used them. Once I learned the hotkey for the menus/panels that's the method I used to reach them.
Don't know if simplifying is really necessary here, once you hover over the buttons, tooltips state button purpose and hotkey. Seems pretty simple to me.

Or maybe I like this game too much to be constructive, beats me...
Not gonna lie, these teasers are pretty anti-hype. Also I feel that the flask area actually conflicts with the shapes of the flasks, which were interesting. I'm sure there's plenty of great stuff on the horizon though.
Last edited by FILM on Jul 29, 2014, 9:27:45 AM
At First I really thought the Screenchot #2 just was a Troll-Screen, but now with #3 and the Explaination it seems this is for real.
Do not really like the new UI but it does not bother me, I just think the "Shop"-Button really is a little 'cheap/low-budget' ... I did never understand why it has this special Position on the Skill-Bar.

All-in-all there should be more important Things to work on or worry about ...
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info