Act 4 Data Mining

As the poster above me pointed out, can someone please explain what is meant by the "hideout" characters represented in the new art? Will they be hirelings/mercenaries who we can hire to fight alongside us? Or are they stand-in-your-place-and do-nothing NPC like Nessa?

Also, as someone pointed out, Leaks about Act 4 can be very damaging to GGG because it will ruin their ability to do press releases when the new Act is due which will in turn affect their ability to attract new players. So it is better to limit the leaks to the material coming in the new mini expansion pack which will be released anyway in a few days.
Last edited by mouhanad on Jul 26, 2014, 1:38:53 AM
"
Sorry, but if this is real then this is a shitty thing to do. Act 4 is only coming out some time next year and people are ruining their surprises. I sure as hell wouldn't want this leaked if I was a dev. :/

It is not ruining the surprise for anyone that didn't want to know the "surprise". Which person that cares about any "surprise" enters a "Act 4 data mining" thread? >>
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
The funniest thing about these threads is all the, GGG said they aren't going to put "input hero" into the next expansion. Do you really think when someone asks if Kaom is in the next expasnion Chris is gona respond with, HE SURE IS!

This has been done by just about every single game company pre launch on any new content. Shouldn't knock characters or things out because GGG said it isn't in the game, that is one of the biggest ways for them to keep it a secret and make it a surpise.
Last edited by Dait on Jul 26, 2014, 2:11:14 AM
"
mouhanad wrote:
As the poster above me pointed out, can someone please explain what is meant by the "hideout" characters represented in the new art? Will they be hirelings/mercenaries who we can hire to fight alongside us? Or are they stand-in-your-place-and do-nothing NPC like Nessa?

Also, as someone pointed out, Leaks about Act 4 can be very damaging to GGG because it will ruin their ability to do press releases when the new Act is due which will in turn affect their ability to attract new players. So it is better to limit the leaks to the material coming in the new mini expansion pack which will be released anyway in a few days.

The future new players will per definition have no idea about this thread because if they knew that would mean they are not future new players.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Dait wrote:
The funniest thing about these threads is all the, GGG said they aren't going to put "input hero" into the next expansion. Do you really think when someone asks if Kaom is in the next expasnion Chris is gona respond with, HE SURE IS!

This has been done by just about every single game company pre launch on any new content. Shouldn't knock characters or things out because GGG said it isn't in the game, that is one of the biggest ways for them to keep it a secret and make it a surpise.

You should probably get your sources straight. Most of the stuff in this thread concerns Act 4, which isn't the next expansion, 1.2. Chris didn't lie. The only thing in the August expansion in this particular leak is the list of hideout/hire guys.

And just out of curiousity, what companies have baldly lied about the content of an update in order to keep it a secret? I follow a lot of in-development games and I can't recall any situation where this has happened. Standard procedure is "we do not comment on rumors and speculation," not providing blatant misinformation.
"
ChuanHsing wrote:
Areas
[68] Highgate (Town)
[69] The Grantori Vitalus
[70] The Dried Lake
[71] The Highgate Mines 1
[72] The Highgate Mines 2
[73] The Highgate Mines 3
[74] Kaom's Kingdom 1
[75] Kaom's Kingdom 2
[76] Kaom's Kingdom 3
[77] Daresso's Realm 1
[78] Daresso's Realm 2
[79] The Belly of the Beast 1
[80] The Belly of the Beast 2
[81] The Harvest
[82] The Black Core

Quests
The Nightmare
The Red Banner and The Brittle Emperor
Fury
Desire
Piety's Corruption

from reasonable source.

My analasys: (my personal vision)

Well if we take a closer look to this map:
http://i.imgur.com/OUMw8cq.jpg

68 Highgate
just north of sarn, so that makes sense

69 The Grantori Vitalus
sounds like bossfight you have to clear before leaving the sarn/highgate area

70 dried lake
north-east of that gate is a flat spot, maybe a dried lake?

70-72-73 highgate mines
a bit north-west there are mountains leading to the sea between agye flats and ezomyte area
I assume sea travel will be needed as we are heading to the next area

74-75-76 kaom kingdom
Karui's home, Ngamakanui, located south-west of lioneye

77-78 Daresso realm
The greatest Oriath swordsman... are we visiting Oriath (capital: theopolis)?
Daresso was married to merveil (before she became the monster)

Seems like a hard pre-bossroom area (like sceptre and upper sceptre)

[81] The Harvest
Pre bossfight or some farming place like lunaris/docks

[82] The Black Core
Sounds like a corrupted place, and a deadly bossfight

It all makes sense except:
* it takes place over an are larger than all the previous acts together
* "[68] Highgate (Town)" is referred to as town still has an area lvl

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
Earthslug wrote:

74-75-76 kaom kingdom
Karui's home, Ngamakanui, located south-west of lioneye

77-78 Daresso realm
The greatest Oriath swordsman... are we visiting Oriath (capital: theopolis)?
Daresso was married to merveil (before she became the monster)

Seems like a hard pre-bossroom area (like sceptre and upper sceptre)

[81] The Harvest
Pre bossfight or some farming place like lunaris/docks

[82] The Black Core
Sounds like a corrupted place, and a deadly bossfight

It all makes sense except:
* it takes place over an are larger than all the previous acts together
* "[68] Highgate (Town)" is referred to as town still has an area lvl

We won't actually go anywhere. It takes place in some sort of limbo state near the Rapture/Beast thing, where dead Kaom and dead Daresso linger. "Kaom, the king of slaughter, butcher of the south. I can smell his suffering, too near for comfort. Fury is all he knows, so Fury he will have. And Daresso, King of Swords. Damned by love. Aren't we all? He's down here too."
leak

Once you killed Malachi, you´re free to create a company with Dialla and raise several sapplings, enjoy life and build some houses. Have fun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Interesting stuff. Think ill wait on GGGs response (if any) before commenting further.
IGN: KoTao
"
ChuanHsing wrote:
I got about 200+ npc dialogs, 15 area settings, 5 quest settings, 6 quest icons, 3 new gems, 20+ mob names, and some act4 models and textures.

Might be true, don't know, but... please DON'T reveal more.
It wouldn't be "just a teaser" anymore, that's too much (for us and for ggg).
Sure, many people want to know as much as possible, but act4 will not be out a long time, it's not good to leak that much information. Just let us speculate about these small bits you already threw out.

(while I really like Dialla, I already feel a bit disappointed that the surprise is spoilt)
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info