Magic 2015

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Oh, this is not p2w, this is pay4convencience. :P

It's the same way Sony Online Entertainment and other renowned companies sell their product.

I still can't get over this quote "A free to play game with microtransactions IS NOT pay to win, it is pay to accelerate". This guy should write speeches for politicians.

Thats like saying donations to political election campaigns are not bribes.
So, just played an hour or so of infinity wars, and will definitely be playing more tomorrow, it seems great.

The cash shop seems a bit over priced. They have an option to buy a thousand dollars worth of points, and it doesn't look like it would be enough to unlock everything that they have to offer. That being said, as you mentioned it doesn't look like the purchases will be needed, at least for a while until I get the hang of it, and maybe by then the price will seem more justifiable. Dunno. Cool game though, thanks for putting me on to it.
Why can´t they just do a new shandalar :(
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
So, just played an hour or so of infinity wars, and will definitely be playing more tomorrow, it seems great.

The cash shop seems a bit over priced. They have an option to buy a thousand dollars worth of points, and it doesn't look like it would be enough to unlock everything that they have to offer. That being said, as you mentioned it doesn't look like the purchases will be needed, at least for a while until I get the hang of it, and maybe by then the price will seem more justifiable. Dunno. Cool game though, thanks for putting me on to it.

The fun thing is, if you do the campaign and i recommend you do that, you get free decks and cards and such. You cant trade the free cards but you can trade all bought cards no matter if you buy them with free points or ones you paid for.

Actually you get 125000 LP and 500k IP for 1k Aussie dollars. I think you can get like all the shop has to offer if for some reason you would want to do that (thats over a million LP btw not 12500, just checked). :P

Im sure they may adjust prices in the future anyways, theyre not even out of beta yet.

Maybe we meet over there, havent been playing in a few weeks or so because i was busy playing other games but i think i will play it sometime later this week.

BTW, you get a free card everyday when you login and a card or cards when you play 3 duels. The flying cards (angels) are pretty new. :)

Have fun and cookies too. ;)

PS: I gotta give Charan credit because if he didnt have a post mentioning IW i wouldnt have come across it.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

Cons:

- It's 100% pay to win, or at least pay to be on the same level as the other people who bought all the booster packs. You need to be playing against people who have access to the same cards as you, otherwise it simply isn't balanced.

Rhetorical question: are you new to magic?! :P

IW is great. I threw a hundred bucks at them for support but didn't even get around to spending much of it until recently. I've never done an online duel. Too scaredy-cat. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 23, 2014, 7:08:46 PM
"
Charan wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

Cons:

- It's 100% pay to win, or at least pay to be on the same level as the other people who bought all the booster packs. You need to be playing against people who have access to the same cards as you, otherwise it simply isn't balanced.

IW is great. I threw a hundred bucks at them for support but didn't even get around to spending much of it until recently. I've never done an online duel. Too scaredy-cat. :)

Whats there to be scared off? :)

I gotta play it a bit more often i guess. Been too much into POE lately (Tri-Ele Witch HC fun).

When im back into IW a bit more i take you all on. :P
Spoiler
"
Russell wrote:

https://hextcg.com/ is coming soon.

2$ booster packs. Ill start playing it again once it hits open beta or release.

that's the one im waiting on too
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Charan wrote:

I think this years version takes the p2w element a fair bit further than the previous versions. It used to be that you'd just pay to unlock decks. If you're playing against a friend and he doesn't have the right decks, you can just buy them for him and be done with it.

Now we have this booster crap so there is no option to simply buy everything the game has to offer, which is what I generally like to do.

If you'd like to try an online duel in IW sometime you're welcome to add me on Steam, same handle as here, I've only played an hour so your chances of victory are high :D

"
The fun thing is, if you do the campaign and i recommend you do that, you get free decks and cards and such. You cant trade the free cards but you can trade all bought cards no matter if you buy them with free points or ones you paid for.

I noticed it kept giving me free cards for stuff. Pretty cool. But it looks like the only way to get complete decks is to buy them :( The upside is that I think it's going to take me long enough to learn the game with free cards that by the time I get to grips with the whole thing, I'll know one way or the other whether its a game I'm happy to throw money at.

"
Actually you get 125000 LP and 500k IP for 1k Aussie dollars. I think you can get like all the shop has to offer if for some reason you would want to do that (thats over a million LP btw not 12500, just checked). :P

Fair enough, it was like 3am when I was checking it out, it sounds like I missed a zero off the end when I was working out what I could get for the $1k pack, though I'm pretty sure it was in USD, I'll double check that shortly.

The other thing that struck me as odd about the whole game on first impressions was the way it seems to mix sci fi and fantasy. I'm a big fan of both genres, but not usually mixed together at the same time. Maybe I'll get more used to that as time progresses.

"
Maybe we meet over there, havent been playing in a few weeks or so because i was busy playing other games but i think i will play it sometime later this week.

I think I'm probably going to spend the next few days between IW, Magic and PoE. Welcome to add me on Steam for any of those three :D
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jul 24, 2014, 3:03:45 AM
Is it derailing to talk IW on a Magic thread? Hope not.

The problem I have with IW is the capacity for themed decks is really, really high. Probably not as high as MTG but pretty damn close. This means lots of inefficient but awesome looking armies at my disposal.

Solforge, on the other hand, doesn't leave as much room for Johnny-like behaviour. It's brutal and quick and allll about what you play where.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
Is it derailing to talk IW on a Magic thread? Hope not.

It's not derailing. I mentioned a few things I don't like about magic, and other suggestions came up. Russel made one too :P

"
The problem I have with IW is the capacity for themed decks is really, really high. Probably not as high as MTG but pretty damn close. This means lots of inefficient but awesome looking armies at my disposal.

I haven't gone deep enough into this to have an informed opinion, but I certainly thought it was weird when I saw a Star Trek deck :s

From what little I've seen it looks like you can mix things up quite a lot, as long as you have the required commanders for the different card types you want to use. I still don't really know how this works in practice, but looking forward to testing it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info