Magic 2015

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Russell wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

This looks awesome, thanks for link. Just been checking out a few youtube vids of it. Is there currently a way to buy into closed beta? I don't see one on the site :(

Not that im aware of no. Id just wait till open though. Still ironing out a lot of problems. Its pretty much mtg haha.

Yup, thing is I've been wanting to play MTG online for years (the proper online version, not the Steam thing) but I can't because it says its not available here and won't take my money :( If these guys will then I'll just play their game instead, even if the art looks a bit cartoony for my liking.

You cant get bugged on details like art though. I wanted a YuGiOh like game but ended up playing Infinity Wars, its very different but awesome nonetheless. The genre is what matters, not the game. :)
"
You cant get bugged on details like art though. I wanted a YuGiOh like game but ended up playing Infinity Wars, its very different but awesome nonetheless. The genre is what matters, not the game. :)

Downloading infinity wars on steam now, checked it out after someone else mentioned it in this thead :)

The thing is though, as pathetic as it sounds, I do get bugged out about stuff like art. In MTG I won't play a really powerful deck if the cards have shitty art. Seriously. I try to find decks that are both powerful and look awesome. If I'm going to spend hundreds of hours looking at them, why wouldn't I want them to look cool? I make exceptions for historic/nostalgic games, but I think with ccg's there's no reason why cards shouldn't look awesome. They aren't spending money on 3d modelling and animation and all that other stuff, so I think it's reasonable to expect them to at least hire a good artist or two to design the cards :)

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"

Downloading infinity wars on steam now, checked it out after someone else mentioned it in this thead :)

The thing is though, as pathetic as it sounds, I do get bugged out about stuff like art. In MTG I won't play a really powerful deck if the cards have shitty art. Seriously. I try to find decks that are both powerful and look awesome. If I'm going to spend hundreds of hours looking at them, why wouldn't I want them to look cool? I make exceptions for historic/nostalgic games, but I think with ccg's there's no reason why cards shouldn't look awesome. They aren't spending money on 3d modelling and animation and all that other stuff, so I think it's reasonable to expect them to at least hire a good artist or two to design the cards :)

Well, the art of Infinity Wars is good. The gameplay is amazing and I love the moral system allowing turtle decks to be an actual thing and be effective in what they are last time I played it. Can only recommend it. The game having a good measure of being free and p2w is a bonus.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
The game having a good measure of being free and p2w is a bonus.

It's going to take ages to download as my internet is slow and the game is like 3gb. Any chance you could fill me in on how shop works and what kind of costs are involved?

I see that booster packs for Magic 2015 and Hex both cost the same amount, but you get twice as many cards in the Hex boosters and it presumably won't cost $50 for access to the main client.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

It's going to take ages to download as my internet is slow and the game is like 3gb. Any chance you could fill me in on how shop works and what kind of costs are involved?

I see that booster packs for Magic 2015 and Hex both cost the same amount, but you get twice as many cards in the Hex boosters and it presumably won't cost $50 for access to the main client.

Well, dunno about those games but Infinity Wars uses paypal atm which i dont have nor want but if you have that youre good to go.

You buy points there like in POE. I think the prices appear quite fair and paying is optional. You get points for just battling AI too and you can buy everything with those free points. Unless they implement paysafecard like GGG did i wont buy anything there anyways but if they go that route i give them 10 or 20 bucks. Its at least worth that much already and its still in beta.

I suggest you let it download overnight, lol. Try it.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Basically I had a good time playing the game without spending money at all and being flooded with cards. Thing is you are able to get really many cards through the single-player campaign. They don't hold back giving them out this way because they are Bind on Account when received through daily quests or campaign playthroughs.

I never considered spending money there hence I don't know actual prices but I am also not a competitive player. Dunno how it works out in relation to the other games listed. The Steam Forum actually covers the question in more detail with an actual developer response which is surprisingly honest: http://steamcommunity.com/app/257730/discussions/0/540734255037559798/
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
actual developer response which is surprisingly honest: http://steamcommunity.com/app/257730/discussions/0/540734255037559798/

Thanks for link. Parts of it seems incredibly honest and parts of it just seem like complete nonsense.

"Pay To Win means by definition that someone is able to pay for a tangible advantage in the game, which you are able to obtain quite literally every single advantage in this game for absolutely free and I assure you that there are hundreds of users in the top ranks of Infinity Wars who have never spent a dime, these are people who take full advantage of grinding and trading up.....
Pay To Win is generated when climbing the ladder of rarity also means increasing flat rates of strength and capability. A free to play game with microtransactions IS NOT pay to win, it is pay to accelerate."

That's kind of like if PoE sold weapons and orbs, but then said it's not p2w because you can grind for them, buying them only accelerates your progress, it doesn't make you a more capable player.

If I really cared about p2w I'd probably be immensly put off by that statement. As it stands, I don't care, I'm happy to spend money on games that I enjoy, so I'll see if I enjoy it and take things from there :)
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
actual developer response which is surprisingly honest: http://steamcommunity.com/app/257730/discussions/0/540734255037559798/

Thanks for link. Parts of it seems incredibly honest and parts of it just seem like complete nonsense.

"Pay To Win means by definition that someone is able to pay for a tangible advantage in the game, which you are able to obtain quite literally every single advantage in this game for absolutely free and I assure you that there are hundreds of users in the top ranks of Infinity Wars who have never spent a dime, these are people who take full advantage of grinding and trading up.....
Pay To Win is generated when climbing the ladder of rarity also means increasing flat rates of strength and capability. A free to play game with microtransactions IS NOT pay to win, it is pay to accelerate."

That's kind of like if PoE sold weapons and orbs, but then said it's not p2w because you can grind for them, buying them only accelerates your progress, it doesn't make you a more capable player.

If I really cared about p2w I'd probably be immensly put off by that statement. As it stands, I don't care, I'm happy to spend money on games that I enjoy, so I'll see if I enjoy it and take things from there :)

Oh, this is not p2w, this is pay4convencience. :P

It's the same way Sony Online Entertainment and other renowned companies sell their product.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 23, 2014, 12:31:26 PM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

It's the same way Sony Online Entertainment and other renowned companies sell their product.

I still can't get over this quote "A free to play game with microtransactions IS NOT pay to win, it is pay to accelerate". This guy should write speeches for politicians.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

I still can't get over this quote "A free to play game with microtransactions IS NOT pay to win, it is pay to accelerate". This guy should write speeches for politicians.

XD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info