[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] PoE Beginners Build The Carpet Bomber, Fireball Witch EB, AA [HC/SC viable]

Guys I am sorry about the lack of response the last few days. I am very busy, but don't despair I will answer all of your questions during the weekend :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
While we are waiting for the OP. Can anyone answer my question?
"
perrin8282 wrote:

I think around 100 % resistance should be enough.

The Infernal Mantle has a big problem (if I remember correctly)... the 100% inc. spelldamage taken on low mana.

You have low mana (less than 35%) with this build and so spelldamage would hurt you a lot.

I think the Carcass Jack is much better.
Yo Way Yo - Home Va Ray - Yo Way Ra - Jerhume Brunnen G
"
Cpt_H wrote:
"
perrin8282 wrote:

The Infernal Mantle has a big problem (if I remember correctly)... the 100% inc. spelldamage taken on low mana.

You have low mana (less than 35%) with this build and so spelldamage would hurt you a lot.

Good tips from Cpt there - thank you for stepping in since I wasn't here to answer the question.

Guys if you still have questions feel free to ask them anew. I could of course start to answer some of the older ones, but I have a feeling some of you aren't playing PoE at the moment any more :)
"
"
Cpt_H wrote:
"
perrin8282 wrote:

Good tips from Cpt there - thank you for stepping in since I wasn't here to answer the question.

Guys if you still have questions feel free to ask them anew. I could of course start to answer some of the older ones, but I have a feeling some of you aren't playing PoE at the moment any more :)

I have a question. If i were to take your tree, change a few nodes to grab lightning damage instead of fire damage, put in purity of lightning and find somewhere to slap in Herald of Thunder, haven't decided where to put it yet. Used with ball lightning do you believe it would be viable?
"
I have a question. If i were to take your tree, change a few nodes to grab lightning damage instead of fire damage, put in purity of lightning and find somewhere to slap in Herald of Thunder, haven't decided where to put it yet. Used with ball lightning do you believe it would be viable?

I suppose it could yea :)
Edit: Answered my own question
Last edited by Delrick on Nov 8, 2014, 4:55:39 PM
Hi there! I've been playing Path of Exile on-off since day 1 on open beta. Boringly I've been mostly banging mobs with melee builds but after long break I decided it was time for something new. I knew I wanted something different (=ranged), efficient and cheap build.
I searched for hours, went trough forums like mad man.
Then I stumbled on this build. It felt right from the very beginning and I liked the fact it was witch build.

Playing this have been blast and I think I've had most fun in Poe since, well ever.

So big thanks for posting this! I think I'm gona try similar lightning/cold build on next season.

Btw, I was really lucky to get Carcass Jack drop, and even luckier to 6S it with 3 jews + 6L it under 5 fusings :D

Edit: Found this build from youtube, not forums.
Being a newbie in poe, I started 2 months ago with my first character, and I've chosen that build :)
I really enjoy this build, I reached 4k of life, 4k of DPS "on paper" with a cheap 6L chest, using both spell echo and faster casting.
Then instead of going to the critical route, I bought the helm with +2 level on aura and 8% mana reservation, I left out purity of fire and I put clarity, discipline and herald of thunder there, and herald of ice on a +2 ice gem item.
So i got 2 auras plus herald of ice and thunder ( that I suppose benefit from inner force) plus I have arctic armor on that +2 ice gem item.
I got 400pt/sec regen mana and with actual 19+2 level arctic armor I use 300 of it. I will link my empower gem on arctic armor to reach level 23 or even 24-25 without any problem with mana regeneration.
I got incredible jump of dps tooltip when activating herald of ice and thunder. I jumped from 4k to 5k dps.
And I hope 75% fire res will be enough to avoid dying from reflect damage, even thanks to the high arctic armor.
I don't know why carcass jack is so liked on that build; okey, it increase damage and area (a little) but I would love the chest that gives 40% mind over matter. I've read that with high mana regeneration one could use it if having at least 700mana not reserved. I have 4000 mana / 800 not reserved, so I think that chest could work like a charm to absorb a LOT of damage. Plus granite flask will give something like 6000 armor when active.
Only problem i find are big hits and puncture, it still makes me die...
I will link later my gear, I'll be happy to get some advices, even if it seems to me that I cannot change any item anymore, because I would lose a lot of lifepoints/resistances.
I would still be curious about going to the ball of lightining route, or even if the same build could be adapted to ice spear with the crit variant and linking something else instead of concentrated effect.
"
Hi there! I've been playing Path of Exile on-off since day 1 on open beta. Boringly I've been mostly banging mobs with melee builds but after long break I decided it was time for something new. I knew I wanted something different (=ranged), efficient and cheap build.
I searched for hours, went trough forums like mad man.
Then I stumbled on this build. It felt right from the very beginning and I liked the fact it was witch build.

Playing this have been blast and I think I've had most fun in Poe since, well ever.

So big thanks for posting this! I think I'm gona try similar lightning/cold build on next season.

Btw, I was really lucky to get Carcass Jack drop, and even luckier to 6S it with 3 jews + 6L it under 5 fusings :D

Edit: Found this build from youtube, not forums.

Really awesome man! Thank you for the kind feed back, and congrats on your crazy RNG ;D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info