[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] PoE Beginners Build The Carpet Bomber, Fireball Witch EB, AA [HC/SC viable]

Well ZiggyD tried fireball in the beta and basically is seeming to call it rubbish.
Not sure why you would invest in that node that turns energy shield into mana? Isn't that a bit dangerous for merciless considering how squishy the witch is? Most of the mana is already reserved for the multiple auras anyways and they're all using set %, so a few hundred points more in mana won't translate into that much.
Hey! I am starting this build since I love fireball skills in game but I had a couple questions. What would you change with your gem setup for the crit version of this build?
And if I don't want to use the SS spell totem setup and want something more fire themed is there something else I could use in its place or does it hurt the survivability of this build too much?

Thanks!

This is my gear setup and it works well. currently using 5 auras, I don't use CWDT. I use Vaal Fireball. I think it works Better. Just check out my gear for gem setup. Wand Baby and myself run the same build here and we just melt everything. Vaal Fireball really helps against those corrupt bosses and strongboxes. I just put my flame totem down that is linked with EP and Blind, then open them and shoot off the Vaal Fireball. Even if there is a Rouge Exile in the box it dies in 3 sec. which is long enough to hit my flask it needed. Try it out see what you think. I think you will enjoy it a lot better. :). Stay out of the Shadows They Bite.
Last edited by TheUnkownSaint on May 4, 2015, 4:12:07 PM
Just had a Tabula drop. Should I use it? My current armor isn't really anything special. I'll lose some resists and a little life and mana. That's about it. If I use it I can add concentrated effect to my fireball skill, which right now is in a 4 socket. What else can I add to the fireball skill to enhance it? Will it make up in offense what I lose in defense?

Or should I sell it? What should I buy to add to my arsenal? My character is doing decent damage right now in low level maps and surviving defensively. Will Tabula help me get to the next level? Or should I sell it or maybe just keep it for another character?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwceB6UI9Ax9DkgQWBB_EZYWbxcvGjgabB8CJKonLyj6LJwtHzI0NsU26TpYPAU9X0PIRZ1G10lRSbJMs1JTU1JVxlXWW6Bd8l8qY_1k52jyakNtGXGFeuZ8Dn_GgKSCEIIegpuCx4Pbh2WQVZUglS6XlZf0mjua4J2un9-iAKKjpwinVa-3sUK4k7zqwBrAVMBmwfPVptgk2rna3d-w4XPjauQi6-Tr7uw47TzvfPAf8NX56PrS

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!
"
Crit variant of the build for higher dps and better late-game:

Does it mean that i shall use this variant instead of common ?
What's the difference between both variants ? Would it be harder to level?

шP.s. sorry for bad english
where did u find the images for the uniques? and why u have artic armour with area efect?
Hi, I've been away from the game for a while and have only recently been considering coming back now that the expansion is almost here. I have a Witch that uses this build which was just starting to get into maps but I'm concerned because from what I have seen of the beta it's been pretty much nerfed into the ground. With Fireball no longer "shotgun"ing with LMP/GMP I can imagine the damage output is now considerably underwhelming and the change to Arctic Armor makes in impracticle to use. It's a shame because I really enjoy this build.

My questions to Lifting are as follows:

1) Have you revisited this build at all in the beta?
2) Have the recent nerfs/changes that affect this build broken it in late-game?
3) Supposing that I continue to use this build in the future, how would you suggest I address the vulnerability that the AA change opens up?

With the limited information I've been able to obtain about what's been going on in the beta (don't want to spoil it too much for myself) I'm worried that playing this build after it goes live will become sub-optimal and I'll have to invest time in re-rolling another character. Thoughts?
Hi everyone,

I am a fan of LiftingNerd's Carpet Bomber and did worry about the expansion. I'm glad to report that the build is alive and well. I cleared the final boss in Act 4 over the weekend. I haven't tried the new Atziri, but did clear her pre-wipe and think it's doable given what my kinmates reported (I didn't have any Midnight fragments for testing).

Here are some modifications and observations.

1. In general, we kill enemies faster! Despite the changes to Greater Multiple Projectiles, Fireball itself is stronger. There are also some juicy fire passives and jewels. For boss fights, add some Fire Traps and Searing Totems (see below). I have yet to test Magma Orb and Flame Totem, but there are lots of options for more dps.

2. The Explosive Impact passive node is terrific because it adds both fire damage and area of effect radius.

2. The greater dps also means that we can drop the Flammability curse in exchange for more defensive curses. I generally use Enfeeble, but Temporal Chains is great too (and it adds more time for burning!).

3. I stopped using Arctic Armor. It's probably still viable, but I didn't bother testing it. For defense, I used the Chaos Golem and the Lightning Coil chest. I also stopped using Spell Totem + Skeletons in favor of Searing Totem for a bit more DPS. The skeletons are great if you need a bit more defense 'though. I realize that not everyone has a Coil, but I don't think its that necessary.

4. The new skill, Flame Dash, can replace Lightning Warp. Flame Dash works great even without support skills and is a perfect compliment to our build.

5. I dropped Eldritch Battery since I didn't need it for Arctic Armor. Instead, I took Constitution (southwest part of the tree) and a few other life nodes. I'm still working on my passives, but it's been fine. Also, dropping Eldritch Battery means that we have Energy Shield again, so you can go heavy on ES as another option.

6. I haven't found a great replacement for the cast-on-damage-taken. For now, I have a temporary level CWDT setup (cwdt + immortal call + increased duration) and self-casting Enduring Cry.

This isn't meant to be a new build guide, and I'm still far from rebuilding my character. But I did want to say that our beloved Carpet Bomber is still working. Thanks LiftingNerdBro! You created a solid and fun build that remains viable. I'm sure you'll have more sage and comprehensive advice than I provided here.
Last edited by anteku on Jul 14, 2015, 4:34:41 PM
"
anteku wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am a fan of LiftingNerd's Carpet Bomber and did worry about the expansion. I'm glad to report that the build is alive and well. I cleared the final boss in Act 4 over the weekend. I haven't tried the new Atziri, but did clear her pre-wipe and think it's doable given what my kinmates reported (I didn't have any Midnight fragments for testing).

Here are some modifications and observations.

1. In general, we kill enemies faster! Despite the changes to Greater Multiple Projectiles, Fireball itself is stronger. There are also some juicy fire passives and jewels. For boss fights, add some Fire Traps and Searing Totems (see below). I have yet to test Magma Orb and Flame Totem, but there are lots of options for more dps.

2. The Explosive Impact passive node is terrific because it adds both fire damage and area of effect radius.

2. The greater dps also means that we can drop the Flammability curse in exchange for more defensive curses. I generally use Enfeeble, but Temporal Chains is great too (and it adds more time for burning!).

3. I stopped using Arctic Armor. It's probably still viable, but I didn't bother testing it. For defense, I used the Chaos Golem and the Lightning Coil chest. I also stopped using Spell Totem + Skeletons in favor of Searing Totem for a bit more DPS. The skeletons are great if you need a bit more defense 'though. I realize that not everyone has a Coil, but I don't think its that necessary.

4. The new skill, Flame Dash, can replace Lightning Warp. Flame Dash works great even without support skills and is a perfect compliment to our build.

5. I dropped Eldritch Battery since I didn't need it for Arctic Armor. Instead, I took Constitution (southwest part of the tree) and a few other life nodes. I'm still working on my passives, but it's been fine. Also, dropping Eldritch Battery means that we have Energy Shield again, so you can go heavy on ES as another option.

6. I haven't found a great replacement for the cast-on-damage-taken. For now, I have a temporary level CWDT setup (cwdt + immortal call + increased duration) and self-casting Enduring Cry. I might do a CWDT + firestorm + life on hit setup.

This isn't meant to be a new build guide, and I'm still far from rebuilding my character. But I did want to say that our beloved Carpet Bomber is still working. Thanks LiftingNerdBro! You created a solid and fun build that remains viable. I'm sure you'll have more sage and comprehensive advice than I provided here.

Thank you for the report. I will start my new carpet bomber shortly.
Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info