[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] PoE Beginners Build The Carpet Bomber, Fireball Witch EB, AA [HC/SC viable]

"
Shorty_p wrote:
This is basically what I played in Ambush League. I just like LMP more and had no spell echo, obviously. After Ambush ended, I tried spell echo instead of faster casting, but i didn't like the additional time your character gets locked into place.

It is also way more fun with the fire dragon spell effect!!! Go buy it :)

Spell echo might be a bit 'unwieldly', but the way it works not only means you get much more cast speed, but it also acts as a mana cost reducer, which makes using GMP and Concentrated Effect as well as 6L much, much cheaper mana wise.

The FC+Spell Echo combo is pretty insane, too.
"
Hectrix wrote:
how much is some damage? is it that significant to the clear speed?
dont u think the luxury of life leech is worth the loss in damage

Well I can't give you a direct answer to that because it depends on the monster you are attacking, but I can tell you that it feels so much better when you are using fire penetration.

Life leech is IMO overrated for this build. HP is easily sustained flasks and 1% life regen alone :)

If you were to get a 6-link you could possible add life leech, however I would rather go for more damage my self :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
+1

a solid build for beginner. The video is great as well. GJ mate XD
A question though, why are you going for blast radius? you gain +22% damage (not fire though so no burning), 16% area of effect (useless, especially as you have concentrated effect), and it costs you either 3 passive points and 10 int or 4 passive points and 16% fire damages, depending on alternative routes.
"
Tomark wrote:
A question though, why are you going for blast radius? you gain +22% damage (not fire though so no burning), 16% area of effect (useless, especially as you have concentrated effect), and it costs you either 3 passive points and 10 int or 4 passive points and 16% fire damages, depending on alternative routes.

Since the build is not focused on having a high burn damage it doesn't really matter if it is fire damage or not. Blast radius simply adds to the secondary attack of fireball which is the explosion. I disagree with it being useless because we are using conc effect, this way we can mitigate some of the negative reduction in blast radius that conc effect otherwise gives us :)

If you prefer to not pick up those nodes you can of course do that, however it feels so much better with increased AoE radius and damage imo :)
"
+1

a solid build for beginner. The video is great as well. GJ mate XD

Thanks man! I appreciate it :)
Hello there !

I believe your target audience (namely, beginners) will find what they need in this guide :
- Good learning curve (learning when to "face tank" and when to kite)
- Gear-independence
- Good late-game potential

I guess you rolling a character with this particular mindset of creating a build that's both easy to get started with and doesn't fall apart later on helped a lot.

Just a quick note (because I love nitpicking) : I'd rather grab the "+10% to elemental resistances while holding a Shield" nodes instead of the 3% block and 12% applied to spells. Since you're not going to invest heavily in block chance anyway, this might help solving the resistance "puzzle" once merciless is reached.

Kudos for putting this together, this is great material.
To learn is to live...
"
Stakhanov wrote:
Hello there !

I believe your target audience (namely, beginners) will find what they need in this guide :
- Good learning curve (learning when to "face tank" and when to kite)
- Gear-independence
- Good late-game potential

I guess you rolling a character with this particular mindset of creating a build that's both easy to get started with and doesn't fall apart later on helped a lot.

Just a quick note (because I love nitpicking) : I'd rather grab the "+10% to elemental resistances while holding a Shield" nodes instead of the 3% block and 12% applied to spells. Since you're not going to invest heavily in block chance anyway, this might help solving the resistance "puzzle" once merciless is reached.

Kudos for putting this together, this is great material.

You hit the nail on the head with that assumption mate. That is exactly what I was going for! :)

About the resistance node, I understand what you are saying and for a beginner with less than optimal gear that could definitely prove really useful. It is of course optimal to spec out of it later when you get gear that will saturate your resistances :)

Thank you for the feedback man! The PoE community is great! :)
That looks like a lot of fun ! Used my spare skill tree reset Templar and it looks nice so far. Level 48 and using a flameblast totem instead of the skeletons ;p

Fire !!!

Thx for sharing man !
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
I know it's a beginning build, but could it be adapted to use RF? Basically the same thing Foxtactics did with his?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info