Ways to balance low-life shavronnes builds and daggerers/wanders

"
LSN wrote:

The main point of balance is balance. Balance in a game is essential. Imagine chess where one player starts without the queen. The question is if the other player gets a queen or yours must be removed too.
How is this in any way a fair analogy? You're acting like people start out with everything to make a low life build. They don't. They have to build towards it.

Here's the way it works in chess. Everybody starts out equal. Same as PoE. If one player gets a pawn to the other side, does he not get another Queen? Sure, he could pick another piece, but either way, he gets a strong piece because he earned it. What you're trying to say is that the guy who gets his pawn to the other side should in fact not get to exchange it for a stronger piece, because that would make him "OP". How can anybody compete with a guy that has 2 queens? It's broken. The fix is to nerf pawns so they can't be exchanged for queens - only bishops and rooks, or nerf queens so they aren't so powerful in the first place. Then if you have 2, it's not such an advantage. Would that create more diversity in chess?

Seriously, I don't know why people are so concerned about having a build that is powerful. They have a choice not to use that build. I thought it was a well established fact that the number of people with the equipment needed to make this build is small (let's say 5%). Therefore, a very large amount of people can't make this build (let's say 95%). Are you really trying to tell me that you can't find people out of 95% of the playerbase doing 78 maps and can only find people in the 5% segment? I hear your arguments. I get what you're saying. I just don't get why this is a problem, especially when the reasons given are blatent exaggerations (like it affects me because I can only find games with people clearing maps faster than me). Seriously? You never level in the ledge, fellshrine, or the docks where you are just running trying to keep up? Why not complain about the builds there clearing faster than you?

And to those who have played this build and still are complaining - why? Why are you complaining? Are there not hundreds of other builds you could be making? Aren't you bored clearing stuff so fast? Why would you choose to be bored and then blame it on the game? Play a different build if this one bothers you so much.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
It's the mere fact that the best builds all funnel into one direction. For both power, clear speed, safety, etc. This is what bothers me personally.

Do you honestly believe that it's OK for all builds to function better with low life? To me, this is ludicrous. Daggers are an entire different can of worms though.

I just dislike the mindset that *all* spell builds do better while utilizing the LL mechanic. It's the last *more* multiplier. If you don't have it, you will *always* be less powerful than someone who does.

It's too.....universal.
this is not a matter for personal interest but a matter of long term development of a game.
Low life builds are overpowered because they are END GAME builds, in order to get them you need to bust your ass off and spend tons and tons of currency, they should stay the way they are. But of course, as usual, there will always be jealous people crying about them. Its like a godmode when you beat every single thing there is to beat in this game, get over it people.
Last edited by Luciana713 on Jul 26, 2014, 2:48:25 AM
"
Luciana713 wrote:
Low life builds are overpowered because they are END GAME builds, in order to get them you need to bust your ass off and spend tons and tons of currency, they should stay the way they are. But of course, as usual, there will always be jealous people crying about them. Its like a godmode when you beat every single thing there is to beat in this game, get over it people.

this this and this

"
Luciana713 wrote:

1) yea the people are jealous of themselves. many ppl here have / can afford to have those gears.
2) "endgame" is not equal to overpowered
3) bust your ass off would not make op items not op
4) op items should be balanced. ggg dont want "godmode", but they intentionally/ unintentionally created it.
5) the most funny thing is those who agree with your "interesting" logic
6) anyway, gg wont make little child who brag about their op items unhappy. so pls ignore this

Last edited by Tom1989 on Jul 26, 2014, 5:38:38 AM
"
"
Luciana713 wrote:

this this and this

I agree, low life is a min maxed setup with CI. I do think that too many powerful mechanics can be squeezed into 1 builds (see my previous post). That is what making this build OP.

We also have to wait to see what changes GGG will bring to the upper part of the tree with the next expansion...
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 26, 2014, 6:19:46 AM
the crit multiplier suggestion is brilliant because i feel RT builds are tremendously underpowered atm.
👱‍♀️ IGN: FamilyStrokes 💘
Mirror Shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2512292
Can't find it...
"
the crit multiplier suggestion is brilliant because i feel RT builds are tremendously underpowered atm.

If you nerf crits you need to buff the shit out of spells. Spell caster already are in a horrible state. The only thing that ever made them viable in endgame was the ability to stack crit chance for status ailment proccs. If you take that away and dont add at least a few dozen decent spell damage and shock/ignite/freeze on hit nodes then running a spellcaster wont only be inefficient, it will be a chore. Meaning: it wont be fun in any way.

Critical strikes and crticial multiplier are the only reason half the spells were ever decent to begin with. So if you suggest something like that I would like you to present a concept of how to not fuck over spell casters even further (I mean, I handed you the idea already but you probably should think of something else as well).

To put it simple: Critical Strikes and the way they work arent the problem here. Endgame builds have always worked with RT. Maybe the current state of the game is different, but then a certain build needs adjustment and not an entire mechanic that never caused problems in the 3 years this game has been played excessively.
Last edited by nynyny on Jul 26, 2014, 9:17:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info