Auras are WAY overpowered: Remove reservation, cap them like totems and save blood magic!

"
mark1030 wrote:
October 23, 2013. That's the day Auras became the way they are today. If they were so overpowered and broken, why did it take so long before people started whining about them? Surely something so broken would have caused immediate QQing. Could it be that the reason it took so long for the crying is that it's not the Auras themselves that are making one build OP?

I gave an alternate solution. make Spectral Throw's base crit chance Zero like Incinerate and if that's not enough of a nerf, give it an attack speed penalty like Culling Strike. You could even make the attack speed penalty apply only to 1 handed weapons. Would this not solve the problem without nerfing every other build that uses Auras but isn't OP?

It's more than that.

They changed auras, everyone were like "omg auras sucks now", some said "guys guys, they are more overpowered now".

Then it went ahead a loong while, all the while, all builds were updated to use max auras, stack auras, and eventually it became common knowledge that auras were the way to go for attackers at all times.

Then there was a long period where no one talked very much about them, and inside of people grew a feeling of discontent towards them, but still no one had spoken out against them very much.

... until the silence was broken, and a lot of people went off about them having build up emotions for so long against them without them being expressed. The time was ripe.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Copying my post(that i made with my other acount) on a similar topic,cause it's relevant,and i do agree that auras are overpowred and this should be ajdusted

I run a 95 CI soultaker aegis build that takes all aura passives except 1.Here is the gear(all of it self found(soul taker self chanced),except the frenzy rainbos

And here is the passive tree

Now my stats without auras are:3908 ES,5345 armour,68% block,16390 frenzy DPS with melee splash

My stats with auras are:6168 ES,27511 armour,72%block and 35602 frenzy DPS with melee splash

Now i spent 20 points on auras(including the path to take them that otherwise wouldnt use).I tried to remove all aura passives,just run discipline and grace,and spend the 20 points on actual ES,armour and DPS.I dont remember exact numbers but the results were laughable,compared to spending them on aura passives.SO yeah auras are indeed overpowered

gear:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
You know, it's not hard to see the aura nerf wasn't actually a nerf at all. Compare out the default value (before multipliers) for a high-cost aura on an aura stacker build.

- before:
40% aura + alpha's howl
40% * 0,92 = 36%

- after
60% aura + 41% reduced reservation + alpha's howl
60% * 0,51 = 30%

So we can now make them both slimmer and considerably meaner than before, such nerf. Wow.

And let's remind ourselves what was the problem in the first place, the problem were players stacking many auras, not average Joes with two or three. And guess what, stackers can still stack even better than before and get much better results too, and average Joe has to chase nodes around to be able to use same stuff as before. That's why we call a fail, some would say 'but now they have to invest in auras', well duh, that's actually the best investment a char can make right now.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
No no no you're trying to prove your point bringing in Alpha's Howl and a lot of mana reservation nodes.

You're disqualified, your comparison is invalid as you leave the factor effort or investment totally out of it.

Think about it...
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 23, 2014, 10:58:45 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:

It's more than that.

They changed auras, everyone were like "omg auras sucks now", some said "guys guys, they are more overpowered now".

Then it went ahead a loong while, all the while, all builds were updated to use max auras, stack auras, and eventually it became common knowledge that auras were the way to go for attackers at all times.

Then there was a long period where no one talked very much about them, and inside of people grew a feeling of discontent towards them, but still no one had spoken out against them very much.

... until the silence was broken, and a lot of people went off about them having build up emotions for so long against them without them being expressed. The time was ripe.

Lol cool story bro!

I was like "Good change, auras are fine now!" and "Now aura stacking takes much more effort"

Then everybody was fine until people massively started using specific builds that combines powerful mechanics such as ST with daggers, crit, auras with aura nodes and specific end game gear like Shavs, Alpha's and Crown of Eyes.

Now everybody wants auras, ST and CoC nerfed
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 23, 2014, 11:24:42 AM
"
Startkabels wrote:
No no no you're trying to prove your point bringing in Alpha's Howl and a lot of mana reservation nodes.

Of course I am, like I wrote, that was the reason they did the 'nerf' in the fisrt place, they said so themselves. Arguing around few auras with no investment is nice and all that, but completely irrelevant to the subject.

Last edited by raics on Jul 23, 2014, 11:11:15 AM
No it is a fair comparison.

Snapshotting will be removed and speccing into aura nodes is an investment.

Dude you're talking about 41% reduced mana reservation like you're getting it for free? Getting that amount of reduced mana reserved costs you at least half of your passive points, probably more.

So speccing into auras is fine and actually backs GGG's intentions for auras as it is a more meaningful choice now to spec into auras...
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 23, 2014, 11:31:15 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:

Of course I am, like I wrote, that was the reason they did the 'nerf' in the fisrt place, they said so themselves. Arguing around few auras with no investment is nice and all that, but completely irrelevant to the subject.

Don't try raics, he's gonna keep going like that and it'll never stop, you'll just eventually grow tired of trying to talk sense into him.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Startkabels wrote:
No it is a fair comparison.

Snapshotting will be removed and speccing into aura nodes is an investment.

Dude you're talking about 41% reduced mana reservation like you're getting it for free?

If you compare the investment to the rewards, it might as well be for free, every stacker pays it without a second thought and says thank you.

If you're still confused I got a perfect solution. No need to speculate, go find an aura stacker that would want tree and auras returning to the way they were before. Good luck.

Raics, the tree's changed so many times I don't remember what it was like before 1.0. Why did you only use aura reservation nodes in your second item but not the one you are comparing it to? Were there no aura reservation nodes in the tree pre-1.0?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info