Auras are WAY overpowered: Remove reservation, cap them like totems and save blood magic!

Still, I don't remember seeing this Auras are OP complaint between October 23, 21013 and when Atziri started being farmed by a specific build. I don't remember it taking so long before people started complaint about Sporkers, or ES RF spell damage builds, or Burned Miscreation(or chaos bear) Spectres, or Koam's or Shav's or Soul Takers or Bringers of Rain or anything else that was deemed OP. I don't buy the "it took that long because people thought auras got nerfed" argument because all it takes is one guy to post how powerful something is and within a few weeks half the players are trying that build. In this case it took longer because in 99% of builds it's not OP so wasn't on the radar until the build was created that takes full advantage of a combination of things that when used together became very powerful. And a build using a couple powerful uniques made that build (and any other build using them) super duper powerful.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Yep ^^
You can say what you want, when last aura changes came in i was sitting there thinking about all the posts saying how garbage auras are... "yea, they'll figure it out eventually, they are much more powerful now".

I had particular memory of observing that in effect, and waiting for people to figure it out. a few weeks went by and people quieted down, then after 1-2 months pretty much all builds started stacking auras to a greater degree than before.

So on and so forth, and now we are here. I didn't say spectral throw builds didn't play a great part in bringing it to public attention, all i said was that it was more than just that.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 23, 2014, 12:37:57 PM
They are move powerful individually but also require more investment, it was neither a nerf nor a buff. It was a change.

And everybody is stacking auras:
-Because of the new aura nodes, new things are often popular in the beginning.
-Because snapshotting is still possible
-Because they discovered using ST with daggers and crit while running auras and using Shavs and Eye of Crowns is totally OP and everybody wants to be OP.
"
Autocthon wrote:

Given that the only viable atziri build are essentially stacking auras...

This is far from True. A lot of different builds have done Atziri with just the 1 or 2 auras that GGG planned on people who don't stack auras using.
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 23, 2014, 12:43:29 PM
"
Startkabels wrote:

Weird when I google Atziri I get non ST builds that kills it, hmmm. You see, the fact that many people using a certain build because it works very well doesnt mean that its the only viable build. Big difference..

And except you're not only spending those 20 points just for speccing into auras, thats not the way the tree is designed and you know it. This is why you have to make a simple comparison and stop pulling all kind of numbers out of an end game character's ass as there are way too many factors involved.

Show me an atziri kill of a character using NO auras.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Startkabels wrote:

And except you're not only spending those 20 points just for speccing into auras, thats not the way the tree is designed and you know it. This is why you have to make a simple comparison and stop pulling all kind of numbers out of an end game character's ass as there are way too many factors involved.

Go back 2 pages and see my post about my aura build.Exatly 20 points spent on auras,and i have the numbers on the returs i got.Not even close to speding the points on other buffs around,cause i had actually tested this
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Startkabels wrote:
They are move powerful individually but also require more investment, it was neither a nerf nor a buff. It was a change.

-Because they discovered using ST with daggers and crit while running auras and using Shavs and Eye of Crowns is totally OP and everybody wants to be OP.

What you dont seem to get is for the investment you do on the skilltree, you get NO COMPERABLE other option to auras.

No other option gives you THAT MUCH Def/Off per point. Its not even nearly as powerful to spend the points used for auranodes elsewhere and get the same result.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:

Weird when I google Atziri I get non ST builds that kills it, hmmm. You see, the fact that many people using a certain build because it works very well doesnt mean that its the only viable build. Big difference..

Show me an atziri kill of a character using NO auras.
And show me where GGG said they didn't design into the game that people wouldn't use 1 or 2 Aura's? Heck, the whole 60% + 40% reserving all your mana was planned (although flawed with rounding issues). They expected people to use 1 60% aura. The Mortal Conviction keystone, although flawed, proves that they expected even BM users to use an aura or more.
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 23, 2014, 12:59:12 PM
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:

What you dont seem to get is for the investment you do on the skilltree, you get NO COMPERABLE other option to auras.

No other option gives you THAT MUCH Def/Off per point. Its not even nearly as powerful to spend the points used for auranodes elsewhere and get the same result.

Easy to say but that totally depends on your build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info