Auras are WAY overpowered: Remove reservation, cap them like totems and save blood magic!

The tree? I just told you the auras nodes in the tree are in line with the changes to aura skill gems, of course nobody wants them removed. They are good and give you the choice to build for aura stacking if you like.

Something in me tells me you didnt actually got the point...
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 23, 2014, 11:35:14 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Raics, the tree's changed so many times I don't remember what it was like before 1.0. Why did you only use aura reservation nodes in your second item but not the one you are comparing it to? Were there no aura reservation nodes in the tree pre-1.0?

Exactly :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Startkabels wrote:
"
Now, auras still do too much

Based on what? This is a pretty empty statement to me, what makes you say this? (please don't come up with a shav/alpha/aura nodes end game aura stacker)

Name me a possibility to gain +50% of phys dmg as cold dmg with 20 nodes.

Name me a possibility to gain 4k BASE evasion with 20 nodes.

Name me a possibility to gain 500 BASE ES with 20 nodes.

Name me a possibility to gain +8 maxres with any nodes.

Auras are not too strong. I thin they are perfectly fine. BUT THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION. ITS BORING. IT LIMITS BUILD DIVERSITY. ITS A NO BRAINER "DESICION".

Thats why auras in that from are bad!

Nerf auras? Yes

Nerf auras without compensation? Defently NO.

But stop defending Auras in the current Metagame, because they suck.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
where do 20 nodes come from?

"

No thank you, please stop crying for an aura nerf because auras are fine. You're having a problem only with specific builds you think are OP...

"
BUT THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION. ITS BORING. IT LIMITS BUILD DIVERSITY. ITS A NO BRAINER "DESICION"

Totally invalid, do you consider end game viable only the most powerful build?
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 23, 2014, 11:39:20 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
October 23, 2013. That's the day Auras became the way they are today. If they were so overpowered and broken, why did it take so long before people started whining about them? Surely something so broken would have caused immediate QQing. Could it be that the reason it took so long for the crying is that it's not the Auras themselves that are making one build OP?

I gave an alternate solution. make Spectral Throw's base crit chance Zero like Incinerate and if that's not enough of a nerf, give it an attack speed penalty like Culling Strike. You could even make the attack speed penalty apply only to 1 handed weapons. Would this not solve the problem without nerfing every other build that uses Auras but isn't OP?

It's more than that.

They changed auras, everyone were like "omg auras sucks now", some said "guys guys, they are more overpowered now".

Then it went ahead a loong while, all the while, all builds were updated to use max auras, stack auras, and eventually it became common knowledge that auras were the way to go for attackers at all times.

Then there was a long period where no one talked very much about them, and inside of people grew a feeling of discontent towards them, but still no one had spoken out against them very much.

... until the silence was broken, and a lot of people went off about them having build up emotions for so long against them without them being expressed. The time was ripe.
Ha! You mean to tell me that during a time before the "be nice" forum moderation began, people were holding their tongues when they had a chance to criticize GGG? Why do I find that so far fetched?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
They didn't hold their tongue. First the masses had to understand that the aura change was not a nerf. Then some time went while they slowly became discontent. That's why when the silence is finally broken, they have build up emotions to express, not because they have on purpose held them back, but because it's first now the criticism has started due to aforementioned reasons.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
mark1030 wrote:
Ha! You mean to tell me that during a time before the "be nice" forum moderation began, people were holding their tongues when they had a chance to criticize GGG? Why do I find that so far fetched?

I haven't noticed much difference myself, however I agree it's mostly the avalanche effect. On your own you can't do a thing so you should wait until discontentment with something reaches critical mass while testing the waters occasionally, then you open a thread, give it a nice push and just watch it flow.

Timing is the key, and the hiatus between leagues is a very good time, people are a little bored with the game, a little unhappy with this and that, a little hopeful, a little jaded, entropy is at the highest possible level :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Startkabels wrote:

"

No thank you, please stop crying for an aura nerf because auras are fine. You're having a problem only with specific builds you think are OP...

"
BUT THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION. ITS BORING. IT LIMITS BUILD DIVERSITY. ITS A NO BRAINER "DESICION"

Given that the only viable atziri build are essentially stacking auras...

The 20 nodes are the 20 nodes on average you'll spend to do aura things.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Crackmonster wrote:
They didn't hold their tongue. First the masses had to understand that the aura change was not a nerf. Then some time went while they slowly became discontent. That's why when the silence is finally broken, they have build up emotions to express, not because they have on purpose held them back, but because it's first now the criticism has started due to aforementioned reasons.

Really? Think it has more to do with the discovery of Ele Buzz that uses auras and aura nodes in combination with the broken skill ST and daggers with CoC.

Now all the stupid people think auras are overpowered, or ST is overpowered or CoC is overpowered.

While in fact ST is designed completely wrong.
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:

"

"

Given that the only viable atziri build are essentially stacking auras...

The 20 nodes are the 20 nodes on average you'll spend to do aura things.

Weird when I google Atziri I get non ST builds that kills it, hmmm. You see, the fact that many people using a certain build because it works very well doesnt mean that its the only viable build. Big difference..

And except you're not only spending those 20 points just for speccing into auras, thats not the way the tree is designed and you know it. This is why you have to make a simple comparison and stop pulling all kind of numbers out of an end game character's ass as there are way too many factors involved.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 23, 2014, 12:34:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info