Auras are WAY overpowered: Remove reservation, cap them like totems and save blood magic!

Hi

Deja Vu wrote of this issue repeatedly when it first happened. I suggest, still, that GGG should have capped aura usage at the average player which is 2-3 then add a major keystone between templar and witch called something like ''Auric Transmogrification'' which would allow another 2-3 auras at some sort of cost, nothings happened so I agree with Raics, I suppose they are happy with their lazy number tweaking/ take the short way out.

Raics
"
However, I also saw so so many good suggestions about it blatantly ignored in favor of lazy number tweaking that I lost all hope things will ever change. The battle is long lost, they seem to like it this way, just look how long it took to take care of snapshotting.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
To run a lot of auras you have to invest a lot of passive points. I don't think that's unbalanced. With no more snapshotting, people will be more limited on how many auras they run off life.

I think to save Blood Magic (keystone), they need to do something more with Mortal Conviction. It's hard to balance though because if you make it too powerful, Blood Magic builds will be able to have a whole bunch of auras at little penalty. I wouldn't mind seeing a node that says something like "Mana reservation will apply to Energy Shield" behind Blood Magic.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Auras as a system are not overpowered. Anger and Wrath as auras are overpowered, specifically with fast attack rates, and especially with high crit rates. GGG shouldn't throw out the entire system over a couple bad actors. That would be like getting rid of all spells just because DD (or any FOTM) is overtuned and getting rid of all ranged attacks just because Spectral Throw is overly effective (mostly a result of Anger and Wrath).
"Arctic Armour was a mistake." - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Creon on Jul 19, 2014, 2:04:38 PM
"
Creon wrote:
Auras as a system are not overpowered. Anger and Wrath as auras are overpowered, specifically with fast attack rates, and especially with high crit rates.

None of the auras are overpowered when used individually. A build that does not abuse auras can run at most one 60% damage aura plus Clarity or one 40% defense aura. Any solution to the problem of aura abuse that indiscriminately sabotages players who have done nothing wrong is just another ratchet in the cycle of abuse.
Last edited by RogueMage on Jul 19, 2014, 5:24:33 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Why the fuck would "mutually exclusive with Shavronne's low life" even matter? Don't you realize that, by removing reservation costs in the first place, low life no longer even fucking exists? Literally beating a dead horse.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
That's just not true.
So..... what? Are you just going to take damage to arrive at low life?

@Scrotie:
I wouldn't so quickly dismiss hard-caps. Hard caps and reservation costs need not be mutually exclusive.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I wouldn't so quickly dismiss hard-caps. Hard caps and reservation costs need not be mutually exclusive.

Exactly, and the whole reservation system is flawed in the first place, if you have enough mana to use your skills with leftover pool you could say auras have no true 'cost', there is zero impact on your resource usage with them or without, that's the problem. And blood magic support adds another easy way out, that's another factor that adds to the problem.

Look at the way Sacred 2 handled auras, you had both the hard limit of one aura which could be raised to a maximum of three by investing in a passive skill, and also the resource impact. For those unfamiliar with the way Sacred handles resource management, skills use no mana, they have regen time instead which increases by levelling the skill and can be brought back down with passives and gear bonuses. So, those auras also have a regen penalty which influences all your skills, so using an aura of decent level was never exactly free. True, you could bring its impact very low with passives, but skipping on aura you don't really need to be able to level your skills higher with same regen time is often more favorable course.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
So perhaps making your mana regen based on unreserved mana Instead of max mana would accomplish part of what you guys are asking for? Wouldn't fix using a BM gem or soul taker though.

Edit: I suppose making Leech Rates Base off of unreserved life/mana would gimp using the BM gem. The mana leech rate needs to be higher anyway though. I'd say make it the same as Life Leech.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 19, 2014, 5:52:44 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
That's just not true.

List of low life benefits:

- up to around 300 increased spell damage you benefit from due crown of eyes

- 30% more damage when low life (pain attunement)

- Possible righeous fire up to what some 65% more damage or something like that

lol, how many RF builds do you know has 300 increased spell damage and has a real use of PA ?
Please do not speak about builds you don't know.

Of course there is a benefit of playing low life, that's the minimum you expect for wearing a chest costing around 120 ex when 6L.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 19, 2014, 5:54:09 PM
Why don't you all chill the fuck out and wait for 1.2.0 and see how the snap shotting and re balancing effects auras before starting this conversation again...pretty pointless conversation to have atm given that we know big changes are coming.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 19, 2014, 6:11:01 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Why don't you all chill the fuck out and wait for 1.2.0 and see how the snap shotting and re balancing effects auras before starting this conversation again...pretty pointless conversation to have atm given that we know big changes are coming.

WTF are you saying, "wait until 1.2.0 comes out"? Everyone knows you don't go full-bore kneejerk on a ".0" patch. Have some goddam patience and at least wait for 1.2.1 to fix the fuckups we don't yet know enough to bitch about ATM.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info