Auras are WAY overpowered: Remove reservation, cap them like totems and save blood magic!

Do you constantly pull arguments from your ass?

Before, people made many forum posts about how auras were overstacked and overpowered. Then they made them double as good and still allowed you to stack all the best ones..
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
No auras were overstacked and underpowered.

That's why they made them stronger but cost more mana.

Get you facts straight or read the patch nodes of 1.0.0.

At the moment stacking auras involves more investment either in mana or aura nodes. I disregard snapshotting as it will be removed.
You keep doing it post after post, for example when i writ:

"
They were in fact overpowered before, because everyone ran a million of them.

You go:

"
The problem was not the power of the aura skill gems, it was the power of being able to run so many at the same time

You keep doing it, your basic mindset is: he is wrong, and then you continue to say exactly what i just told you. I mean are you serious man, really, how long will keep this blindpage up?

I'm talking about auras as a whole, they were too powerful before because people stacked them, maybe 1 individual aura was not the problem in itself, but auras as a whole were.

Now you can still stack all the most important ones, and each of them is twice as powerful as before, or more. So while the issue of multistacking is slightly reduced, the problem of auras became bigger because your total power of auras is greater than it was before. Is that so hard to fathom. You stack 5 auras now it's like stacking 10 auras before, except that before the last 4 of them were simi useless, now you gain much much more core power to your build.

I mean, your whole way arguing goes along the path of misleading and misrepresenting something, and basically just state an opinion once you've attempted to set up a situation where everything besides opinion doesn't matter. Just look here:

"
And were you're also wrong, for example in the OP of this thread, is that you think that if you are not building one of the strongest builds out there your character is a fail for not being as strong as possible.

I mean you don't even address it, by the argumentation of that paragraph, you might as well introduce 1 aura point that everyone could choose from bandits and it gives you 100% less aura reservation costs and 200% aura power. After all, it doesn't really matter, no one forces you to take it so it doesn't have any negative impact on character diversity, right?

We are done, there nothing more you can say because you keep talking trash.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 23, 2014, 8:30:09 AM
Again you fail to see the underlying problem that is right in front of you in this example.

The problem was not the power of the aura skill gems, it was the power of being able to run so many at the same time, which requires 50% more investment per aura after the change in general.

And were you're also wrong, for example in the OP of this thread, is that you think that if you are not building one of the strongest builds out there your character is a fail for not being as strong as possible.

There are a lot of builds possible that are end game "viable" (whatever that means) without stacking lots of auras. Also summoner builds for that matter...

You have to let go of thinking from specific endgame build perspectives such as "low life shav build/alpha howl blablabla" builds.
And the build examples in your OP have dead links, I would really like to see those builds, because 2 or 3 auras is not necessarily that much to me really...
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 23, 2014, 8:07:23 AM
You keep doing it post after post, for example when i write:

"
They were in fact overpowered before, because everyone ran a million of them.

You go:

"
Again you fail to see the underlying problem that is right in front of you in this example.

The problem was not the power of the aura skill gems, it was the power of being able to run so many at the same time

You keep doing it, your basic mindset is: he is wrong, and then you continue to say exactly what i just told you. I mean are you serious man, really, how long will keep this blindpage up?

I'm talking about auras as a whole, they were too powerful before because people stacked them, maybe 1 individual aura was not the problem in itself, but auras as a whole were.

Now you can still stack all the most important ones, and each of them is twice as powerful as before, or more. So while the issue of multistacking is slightly reduced, the problem of auras became bigger because your total power of auras is greater than it was before. Is that so hard to fathom. You stack 5 auras now it's like stacking 10 auras before, except that before the last 4 of them were simi useless, now you gain much much more core power to your build.

I mean, your whole way of arguing goes along the path of misleading and misrepresenting something, and basically just state an opinion once you've attempted to set up a situation where everything besides opinion doesn't matter. Just look here:

"

I mean you don't even address it, by the argumentation of that paragraph, you might as well introduce 1 aura point that everyone could choose from bandits and it gives you 100% less aura reservation costs and 200% aura power. After all, it doesn't really matter, no one forces you to take it so it doesn't have any negative impact on character diversity, right?

We are done, there nothing more you can say because you keep talking trash. Goodbye.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 23, 2014, 8:41:56 AM
Hi Crackmonster,

It really makes me sad to see you give up like this.

Anyway, there's a big difference between saying "auras were overstacked and overpowered" or "overstacking auras was overpowered". Sure you get the point, but anyhow you are totally ignoring the increased mana reservation and like I said it now takes 50% more investment to run an aura in general. Besides that, the auras that had a flat mana reservation like Wrath now also reserve 60%, which is also a very notable difference you are not touching at all..

So it takes a lot more effort to stack auras and if you can give me a build example that proves otherwise please feel free to share it.
Based on the changes above the problem of OP aura stacking has been properly addressed if you ask me.

And hey, if you don't want to be misunderstood don't leave so much room for misinterpretation.

Cheers
"
Startkabels wrote:
Yes because auras were not powerful at all before, GGG has made them more meaningful by reserving more mana but making them more powerful.

Speccing into auras is now a more meaningful choice, but you have to see it separately from those very specific build setups everybody is throwing in as the base argument for their nerfs.

Room for misinterpretation, anyone?

You said auras were not powerful at all. If you meant auras were not individually overpowered, then state as such. Collectively, auras still did too much back then. Now, auras still do too much. If you don't mean to argue this point, DON'T ARGUE THIS POINT.

Holy shit. I just could not contain my rage from reading your posts.
"
Now, auras still do too much

Based on what? This is a pretty empty statement to me, what makes you say this? (please don't come up with a shav/alpha/aura nodes end game aura stacker)
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 23, 2014, 9:35:58 AM
October 23, 2013. That's the day Auras became the way they are today. If they were so overpowered and broken, why did it take so long before people started whining about them? Surely something so broken would have caused immediate QQing. Could it be that the reason it took so long for the crying is that it's not the Auras themselves that are making one build OP?

I gave an alternate solution. make Spectral Throw's base crit chance Zero like Incinerate and if that's not enough of a nerf, give it an attack speed penalty like Culling Strike. You could even make the attack speed penalty apply only to 1 handed weapons. Would this not solve the problem without nerfing every other build that uses Auras but isn't OP?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
You're on spot and it are very specific builds that caused the crying.

Cries for nerving ST
Cries for nerving auras
Cries for nerving CoC

Wonder what build is OP?
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 23, 2014, 10:11:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info