Why i will not be returning to path of exile ever again. (I assume this is feed back GGG wants?)

Before i get flamed this is not a troll or bait post i'd like to get GGG's attention.

-----

I'm a open beta supporter and i loved GGG's game until yesterday when i uninstalled the game.

When i heard a new special 1 month league was coming out i was excited about returning to the game, to my surprise old friends of mine were still playing and we teamed up, i thought since this wasn't standard i'd beable to climb ranks quickly boy i was so wrong.

some people got super lucky 1 example is a guy in global chat and got a tabula rasa drop before they even hit level 4...(was linked in global 1 and 2 by the same person i don't have a screen shot sorry)

With bullshit luck like this why should i even play this game? (Yes i'm salty about it)

But oh boy it gets worse! Not only after 15+ months of me not playing the game not once in any patch notes did i see "increased orb drop rate" or "items will be less random better rare drops"

A classic example of this is diablo 3, they did a massive overhaul to their loot system and it brought a glorious amount of players back who stayed (myself included) and even now they care and listen about player feedback (see 2.1 details if you don't believe me)

The point i'm trying to make here is this

If GGG cares so little about the broken game loot/orbs that its actually better to TRADE TO MAKE A PROFIT INSTEAD OF PLAYING THE GAME FOR WHAT IT IS WHY SHOULD I EVEN CARE ABOUT THIS GAME?

Until a permanent league or CUSTOM PERMANENT LEAGUES comes out where you can party with others but no trading is involved and you can't drop trade / orb rates, uniques, 6 link drops are increased then i'm done with your game forever, i used to think people crying out to GGG for a self-found league were nutters, to bad it's true because the game is so fucked up that to even get the best items you must trade in chat 12+ hours a day to even get those mirror worthy items / legacy uniques.

I don't expect a response from GGG bye.
I will return every now and again to report posts i feel are flaming me out right for no reason and maybe comment to serious players who are concerned like i am.

Edit: spelling error in 1st post.
The only game you need to win at is on the internet.
Last edited by EveningPrimroseAmber on Jul 17, 2014, 12:54:35 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I can tell you're serious. This isn't a flame:

You aren't suited for this game. It's not designed so that you can enjoy it. They're not going to do a 180 and make it the game you wish it was.

The game is random. Some people get lucky. Some don't. That's what makes this game. If you insist on playing it only if you get lucky, you're doomed to quit at some point because we all get unlucky. If you insist on feeling lucky all the time, you never will. You'll be handed stuff and you'll say "thanks", but you'll never feel lucky. That's what we play for. The times when it goes our way.
You have the reasoning as to why people want a self found league incorrect. SF people just generally want to bump shoulders with others who do not trade, and to have a better crafting option. We want to revel in our inefficient builds with our kin without being ridiculed by the outsiders (traders, elitists, etc.) None of us want BIS raining from the sky.

Having said that, if you're leaving because of jealousy, Shags is right.

Enjoy your time in other games, sir.
Agree with Shags. This just isn't the game for you, and there's nothing wrong with that. The reasons you like D3, are the exact reasons I don't. And that's fine.

Although I will say, luck exists in both games.

E: and why didn't you want this moved out of GD? It's clearly feedback.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Jul 14, 2014, 11:41:52 PM
Self found league would be nice but would probably have other issues that GGG wouldn't want to deal with. Its a pipe dream. I'm glad people support it because maybe GGG will see that support and make some meaningful changes to the game. The drops get sooooooo boring so fast, which is sad since this is a loot centric game.
Standard Forever
So you're upset because one person found a Tabula Rasa at level 4 and you didn't. This is definitely not the right game for you. I played D3 a ton and got 1 character to paragon 100. Then RoS made everything bound on account so I can't even share with my friends. I don't want a self found league where you can't share with your friends. I'm glad you found a game that caters to your needs. And I'm glad this game doesn't.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Agree with Shags. This just isn't the game for you, and there's nothing wrong with that. The reasons you like D3, are the exact reasons I don't. And that's fine.

because this is dead forum

today is 15th right?
i can see on the bottom of feedback post listing 2 posts from 13th

'in feedback no one can hear you scream'
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

because this is dead forum

today is 15th right?
i can see on the bottom of feedback post listing 2 posts from 13th

'in feedback no one can hear you scream'
This is where threads get seen by devs, not general discussion.

OP: I have a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of you being upset at your thread being moved to feedback when you explicitly identified it as being feedback in the thread title. It clearly belongs here, because it is feedback.
For you to post a thread in GD which you clearly identify yourself as feedback, indicating it's in the wrong place, and then go on to say in your post that if it's moved to the correct location this will somehow "confirm your fears about their game" doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what upsets you about someone getting a Tabula Rasa. The driving point of these games is the hope to get a lucky drop, and I don't see how that's possible at all to have that if people can't actually get a lucky drop, which unless I'm mistaken, seems to be what happened that you're complaining about.

You suggest that you want changes so that "items will be less random better rare drops" - could you perhaps expand on what you mean by this? Particularly the "less random" part - I suspect you actually want less variance in the random results, rather than them not actually being random, but I don't want to make unwarranted assumptions.

Post edited to correctly address the OP rather than the quoted parties in the bit regarding the post title.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 15, 2014, 8:51:15 PM
I agree with you but you have to understand this is a small company. Blizzard is a big company with many skilled people and tons of super informed playerbase compared to say GGG. Take for example noob making a clone of his starter item with mirror of K???.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNySmU027bw

I mean just look at Jay Wilson the game director that KILLED Diablo 3. 4-player only, no DM/Pvp, list goes on.. He lived 7 years in tibet or Blizzard Heaven. Thank God they kick him before RoS release, sure I heard it's good but it's like watered down version of what it used to be with... TP to any act B/S.

Sure we got currency flippers and people fishing for suckers with 600% inflated prices etc.. but it's alot safer than Pay to win Diablo 3's RMAH, thank God they took it down. I mean you had to trade or buy from people in act 2-3 nightmare just to beat act 2 cuz your gear isn't cutting it etc...

Sure netcode/desync sucks. NO end-game besides dummy maps. But look at it this way this was the game Diablo 3 wasn't and couldn't be. Remember those promoised Gems in Diablo 3? Diablo 3 is no where near as good as Diablo 2, but fanboys always keep railing it had 12 years, blah blah blah.

Go back to RoS but PoE is really fun sure there's no content but the races and commmunity is very nice compared to the toxic wow/diablo community where u get flamed for lower tier gear and quest badges B/S.

"

A classic example of this is diablo 3, they did a massive overhaul to their loot system and it brought a glorious amount of players back who stayed (myself included) and even now they care and listen about player feedback (see 2.1 details if you don't believe me)

You clearly didn't play Diablo3 from Vanilla.

That game was dead before RoS because of Blizzard listening to all user's whine. Every SINGLE patch increased drop rates and reduced difficulty. Users quitted en mass for this and the game was simply too easy and unrewarding. An extremely bland playing experience in my opinion (well gamers nowdays seems to like bland gaming experiences)

I'm sad to say this but PoE is not suited for you. You simply like braindead games like Diablo3 more and this is actually fine. I prefer 1000 times a user that quits because he donesn't like the game than the user that wants the game to be changed to suit his tastes.

And mate, luck exists in both games. In vanilla D3 if you dropped a stormshield or any vita/str/all res/socket helmet you where rich as hell. In PoE if you drop a soul taker you're rich as hell. Well even in Diablo2 if you dropped a Jah rune you were rich as hell. I'm not sure you really played Diablo3 since luck it's the main progression factor there too. Make a WD and drop a starmetal kukri if you don't believe me..

Lastly just to increase your anger: got this in a BLAMT race back in nemesis from hillock:

lol

Last edited by Mahesys on Jul 15, 2014, 3:45:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info