unreal prices for all end game gear

"
Route1 wrote:
A lot of end game gear IS pretty expensive...i play a lot and I hardly get any exalts. Then good luck getting a GOOD 6-Link. Yeah you can get some decent gear for a few alc/chaos but otherwise? It takes stacks of exalts to get really good gear that will make your build rise above. I'm 81 going on 82 with my current character, have been playing since 2011 and I still have not gotten a 6-link...

oh so youve been playing since 2011 really?
"
Krayken wrote:

oh so youve been playing since 2011 really?

Why not? Closed Beta started some time in 2011 and it was possible to get keys by chance or invitation. (could have been another account)

I also never found or made a 6L, and the total number of exalt-drops is 3 or 4 since Dec 2012.
(but I probably play 5h/week in average)
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
defektiv wrote:
He is trying to get you to come to the same conclusion that drives the core fear in GGGs mind, that for some reason if players experience end-game then they will get bored and leave because people can obviously not come up with their own game goals after the primary implemented ones have been achieved. The problem with this logic is that its just not true. And it should NOT be true in a well designed ARPG, except when you make it that way by mistake. His last question was just fishing.

But they can keep playing on their fear. They can keep making the gap wider at end-game and frustrating all but the full time players and RMTers. And they can keep making the game more about trading than it is about going out, finding cool items and having fun with them. And they'll keep pulling PoE further and further away from the ARPG theme until all that is left is a D3 Auction House and a bunch of bots.

Agreed.

This seems to be the direction they are headed.

As long as they think the key to player retention is implementing more atrocities like the hope -> midnight gates or eternal orbs.

PoE has become so hopelessly bland that people using the same build are wearing identical gearsets. Even Diablo 3 never had itemization that bland. There would at least be variance between the items people wore, even during the AH era.

It's almost like they designed PoE to be botted. Nothing outside of orbs or unique items can even reasonably be good anymore. Maybe if you got insanely lucky with jewelry. Not even mentioning repetitive headaches like Sarn runs. I'm sure it's already been botted.

For the most part, the only things worth picking up are unique items and orbs. Couldn't be more ideal for botting.

Last edited by Veruski on Jul 15, 2014, 2:02:09 PM
First of all: If you only manage to make ½ a chaos per map, then you sure are doing something wrong.

Also, level 66 would never be concidered end-game, not even close to it.

It´s not the games fault that you are clueless and ignorant enought not to care to learn.

Sorry.
zzZzzzZzzZz
"
Tzaina wrote:
you sure are doing something wrong.

love that bullshit line.
makes me laugh every time.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Tzaina wrote:
First of all: If you only manage to make ½ a chaos per map, then you sure are doing something wrong.

Also, level 66 would never be concidered end-game, not even close to it.

It´s not the games fault that you are clueless and ignorant enought not to care to learn.

Sorry.

Here is the thing though, you shouldn't have to do much of ANYTHING unique in a game to get a reasonable amount of currency if you spend A LOT of time grinding maps and whatnot. The sheer fact that I play a lot and continually grind areas and maps should mean I have a decent amount of currency, especially after years of doing it. I put my time in. I spend hours a day playing, grinding and farming. The fact that I have only come across a few exalts while doing this after a few years is *ridiculous*. There should be no "you're doing something wrong". Playing this game that much is doing everything RIGHT.
I really think that the economy in standard is working out fine. What the OP is talking about is perfect gear (not end game gear). And even that is attainable at a reasonable rate, if you are sufficiently dedicated:

1.) If you want to fill all 10 slots with mirrored gear then you need about 2000 ex. Most optimal gear sets will be significantly cheaper, since they include uniques that are cheaper than a mirror+fee.

2.) If you farm efficiently, then you will make at least 1.5 ex per hour on average (if you optimize everything and maybe even work as a team you should be able to exceed two ex by a significant margin). This is only from drops and straight sales. No flipping.

3.) As a result you will need at most 1400 hours of gameplay to get perfect gear - e.g. reach the absolute end of your character's development potential.

A dedicated nolifer will pull at least 80 hours a week and attain perfect gear in about 18 weeks. This is reasonable to me for an ONLINE (!) ARPG. All other players will need proportional more time to reach that goal.

Combine this with the fact that end-game viable gear (e.g., being able to solo the hardest content in the game) is at least an order of magnitude cheaper than optimal gear, I do not see any problems at all.

Obviously this only holds true if (a) you don't cripple yourself by not trading at all and (b) you actually are willing to play (reasonably close to) optimal. If you enjoy not doing (a) or (b), then that is perfectly fine. But please don't complain that you can not efford optimal gear if you are not willing to put in the effort.

80 hours a week on a video game is honestly a sign that you need some sort of help. I'm not joking.
"
Route1 wrote:
80 hours a week on a video game is honestly a sign that you need some sort of help. I'm not joking.

This is a reference. I am in the 10-20 hours/week range. I make much more than 2ex/hour though if I am farming.

Cheers!
My record was 108 days played in one year of DAoC. Never. Again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info